The Jackie Effect

sandy

Looking back now, it's quite amazing how positive his departure turned out to be. I remember being absolutely gutted and really feared that our chance had gone, especially given the run that Morton were on at the time. And I was dead against giving it to Archie, believing that we needed experience and that his appointment was based predominantly on sentiment. It reminded me of Alan Shearer at Newcastle. How wrong I was.

Immediate eight game winning run to secure promotion, year on year improvement to secure our longest run and highest placing in the premier league for nearly 40 years, we now have the strongest and most contractually secure squad that I can remember. And it's not an old squad either; they can keep improving for some time.

Jackie Mac meantime; well it's not gone so brilliantly for him. He set us up nicely but he left without grace and I don't see a lot wrong with having a smug wee chuckle at our contrasting fortunes since he left.

• Like 9

I cannot believe with JM's record down there he (A) managed to move upstairs (B )hasn't been fired. (C ) Hasn't walked based on personal pride

His contract must be so water tight they can't get rid of him even if he does relegate them twice to the overall detriment of the club.

Edited by Norgethistle

Looking back now, it's quite amazing how positive his departure turned out to be. I remember being absolutely gutted and really feared that our chance had gone, especially given the run that Morton were on at the time. And I was dead against giving it to Archie, believing that we needed experience and that his appointment was based predominantly on sentiment. It reminded me of Alan Shearer at Newcastle. How wrong I was.

Immediate eight game winning run to secure promotion, year on year improvement to secure our longest run and highest placing in the premier league for nearly 40 years, we now have the strongest and most contractually secure squad that I can remember. And it's not an old squad either; they can keep improving for some time.

Jackie Mac meantime; well it's not gone so brilliantly for him. He set us up nicely but he left without grace and I don't see a lot wrong with having a smug wee chuckle at our contrasting fortunes since he left.

I was exactly the same and was gutted - what do I know?!!

I am grateful to the wee rat for one thing only: that by fecking off so ungraciously, he allowed a job to be done that he wasn't up to doing himself; a job that was of critical importance to the PTFC.

I have no doubt that had he stayed, Morton would've been promoted instead of us, and he would be grudgingly staying in the job waiting for the next £6 a week better offer to emerge. We could've easily slipped away into insignificance after that due to a host of factors that we now know to be the case - too many to go into here.

His record since he left has been nothing short of a vortex; and as far as I can make out, he's only been retained at York due to them not being able to pay him off when they wanted him out last season: the board position being a very uneasy compromise.

And yet a very small minority on here leap to his defence - in the guise of dissing some excellent posters who dare comment on his iniquities from time to time - for some bizarre, or pathological reasons better known to themselves revealing an incomprehensible obsession of their own. Totally bonkers, in my opinion.

Sandy, you're 100% correct in everything you say about Jackie the rodent. Ignore the mindless dross that comes back at you mate.

Edited by Blackpool Jags
  • Like 2

GRE once again excels himself on this thread. When he's not starting arguments on here he tends to look for the nearest empty room - as these are the only places he can prove himself correct.

Feel mighty sorry for the York fans, football clubs get wound up because of mercenary money grabbing selfish ar*eholes all the time and Jackie has certainly proved to be one of them.

If he had any respect or even an iota of class he would have walked away from that club long before now. The fact that he is digging his heels in for every last penny while the club continues to suffer makes him a scumbag of the highest order.

• Like 3

GRE once again excels himself on this thread. When he's not starting arguments on here he tends to look for the nearest empty room - as these are the only places he can prove himself correct.

Feel mighty sorry for the York fans, football clubs get wound up because of mercenary money grabbing selfish ar*eholes all the time and Jackie has certainly proved to be one of them.

If he had any respect or even an iota of class he would have walked away from that club long before now. The fact that he is digging his heels in for every last penny while the club continues to suffer makes him a scumbag of the highest order.

I see that you are your usual hilarious self.

• Like 1