New Players...

Vinnyjag

Brophy looked a great player any time I saw him.

Archie knows what goin on. He probably knows why Brophy didn't make it at Accies.

If we sign him we would need to trust Archie to improve the player and set out a career path.

On paper, he looks like the player we need if he has the right attitude.

Tremendous news.

I thought signing Keown more wishful thinking than anywhere near a reality. Really nice lad into the bargain who took time out to have a word after the Dons game both apologising for the performance and also thanking the fans. He did say he'd like to return but i thought at the time he was just being polite.

As said after Liam left it was at least good that business was done early. Getting Keown tied up early is great as well. I reckon we'll make one other signing at 1st team level, or a couple if someone goes out on loan. Our development squad is rather on the young side so we could also be bringing in a one or two older kids who could double as squad players?

Wonder if we've just broken our transfer record today?

Tremendous news.

I thought signing Keown more wishful thinking than anywhere near a reality. Really nice lad into the bargain who took time out to have a word after the Dons game both apologising for the performance and also thanking the fans. He did say he'd like to return but i thought at the time he was just being polite.

As said after Liam left it was at least good that business was done early. Getting Keown tied up early is great as well. I reckon we'll make one other signing at 1st team level, or a couple if someone goes out on loan. Our development squad is rather on the young side so we could also be bringing in a one or two older kids who could double as squad players?

Wonder if we've just broken our transfer record today?

We still need a left side CB and a striker for the first team

The great thing is we are bringing in a "new" player who has played regularly in the team for several months. In the past it took a month or so for new guys to settle in. With this signing and Devine still with us for a year, we can now put out a back four of players who have played regularly together. (And we have Barton as back up in case it takes longer than we hoped for a Lindsay replacement - Keown is a Keown replacement). This is just as - perhaps even more important than - getting in good replacements. It also gives us an advantage over some of the other clubs who are bringing in new players (though only if we can get off to a good start).

Really pleased about Keown signing and also really surprised. If anything I thought we would have maybe got him in on loan again.

If he can improve with the ball at his feet, he can be a great player for us. I've never seen anyone as good in the air for their size, his timing is magnificent.

• Like 1