New Players...

Vinnyjag

Doesn't sound like an improvement to me, relegated from League One last season. Then again he is young and probably improving and I saw pretty much no English football last season so can't really judge.

I know nothing about the guy either, but many folk have been moaning that we missed out or didn't go for SOD or Jack Henry. Both of them were at league 1 or league 2 clubs last season

I know, though I would argue Barton was playing well in league two and this Turnbull was playing for a side that got relegated and their fans seem happy to see him go. Anyway, Archie's record with signings from this level is pretty good as you point out, and generally the defence has been improved season upon season, so I do trust him.

Archie said yesterday that there was one in today and possibly other movement later in the week depending on a couple of clubs.

If that is the case, and we bring in a defender today (Turnbull?) and a striker later in the week (Storey?) then I'd be delighted. Right-back and another midfielder or attacking player can easily wait until the end of the window - but CB and ST are needed quicker. Sounds promising.

If we got a CB and striker this week I would be pretty chuffed.

I am not too worried about an RB. Elliot seems to be really growing into the role and if muzzy comes back by end of September that would be great.

Would love to get in an attacking midfielder. A Martin Hardie type of player but that would be difficult to find I imagine.

• Like 2