New Players...

Vinnyjag

Huge amount of vitriol from the Coventry forum against Jordan. Best that is said is a grudging "there might be a player in there somewhere". But somebody else said that he has" the upper body strength of a 4 year old". And there were a couple of pretty bad videos of awful episodes......

Time will tell but my guess is that he'll NOT be thrown in against the Hibees.

I''m sure Archie knows what he's doing.

Huge amount of vitriol from the Coventry forum against Jordan. Best that is said is a grudging "there might be a player in there somewhere". But somebody else said that he has" the upper body strength of a 4 year old". And there were a couple of pretty bad videos of awful episodes......

Time will tell but my guess is that he'll NOT be thrown in against the Hibees.

I''m sure Archie knows what he's doing.

He was player of the year at Swindon a couple of seasons ago so, yes, there is definitely 'a player in there...'

Yeah, the CCFC fans seem glad to be rid of him. Their only criticism being that we didn't take him off their hands permanently. But Archie can work wonders with some players, so I am sure that he can settle in and play some good football.

Coventry City make Livingston look like a very well run club, I'm pretty sure that atmosphere isn't conducive to getting the best out of players.

Coventry City make Livingston look like a very well run club, I'm pretty sure that atmosphere isn't conducive to getting the best out of players.

And every fans forum including Coventry's will have their group of moaners who scapegoat certain players regardless of any blame they should take for team's performances. This is a young guy - 22 years old - who was as was said above, player of the year when at Swindon. He'll be keen to show what he can really do and has two excellent coaches in defending here. The only downside is that we didn't get him signed up a week or two ago and had time to get him match fit and fitted into the team. English teams start preseason a couple of weeks later than we do so he probably won't be thrown in right away. We could have done with a less tough match than Hibs for our first game. However I expect there'll be a closed doors game midweek to get Turnbull and Keown more match ready.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Might have been mentioned befire but ICT fans were delighted to see the back of Devine....just saying!

A very good point. Archie does genuinely seem to improve players. And the club he runs makes them happy in their job. Haven't heard a bad word about Archie, even from players who have moved on. Only the likes of me bad mouths him.

• Like 1

We see match of the day every Saturday ,England,fortunately ,would have to seek out Sportscene.Most Scottish fans could tell you main players in English Premier League through tv exposure whilst the reverse is true in England.Ever read an English newspaper? You need binoculars to find anything other than English football.I have to buy English papers in Cyprus and there is nothing reported about Scottish football / players unless it's Celtic or Rangers.

There was practically nothing about the Sevco EBT scandal.

This is not an anti English rant,merely a comment that it is unrealistic to expect players in the English lower leagues to know much about the Scottish scene.

How did he sh1t all over us Barney?

From what I remember he had two reasonably successful loan spells where he helped keep us in the Premiership. Did I miss something?

Only just spotted this comment, so my sincerest apologies for the late response.

Lyle held out on a contract offer from Thistle following his first loan from Sheffield United and eventually went to Wimbledon late in the window in 2014.

I will admit that the second loan was less clear, but there was still a period when an offer was on the table for him to come permanently to Firhill before he opted to remain with Wimbledon.

I'll agree that I could have chosen better words to describe what happened, as these situations are common in football nowadays.

...I am not too worried about an RB. Elliot seems to be really growing into the role and if muzzy comes back by end of September that would be great....

I hae ma doots about Muzzy, given the injuries problems and his age. Elliott, on the other hand, works at his game, whatever the position he's asked to play in, and is consistent in a way we might wish to see from other players. One of the few to perform satisfactorily against Stranraer, and if he is kept in that position instead of being moved about, he is only likely to gain assurance. He also has all the assets of a capable wing-back, should the team move to 3 at the back.

Only just spotted this comment, so my sincerest apologies for the late response.

Lyle held out on a contract offer from Thistle following his first loan from Sheffield United and eventually went to Wimbledon late in the window in 2014.

I will admit that the second loan was less clear, but there was still a period when an offer was on the table for him to come permanently to Firhill before he opted to remain with Wimbledon.

I'll agree that I could have chosen better words to describe what happened, as these situations are common in football nowadays.

No worries Barney. I just thought we all liked him and would welcome him back given the opportunity.

I know I would. Not as good a finisher at Dools but brings more in to play due to strength and pace.