New Players...

Vinnyjag

Don't get to excited people

Sammon stats since leaving Killie are as follows,

26 goals in 228 league and cup matches

By my reckoning if he plays in all games we'll be lucky to witness 5 goals.

Think I'd rather have taken my chances with an unproven English League 2 striker than a proven non goal scorer. Oh well.

Storey on the other hand has at least got a bit more potential I suppose.

It's not like you, to be so positive.

• Like 2

I think they will prove to be very decent signings for us. As mentioned by Jaggy, we now have a strong squad to pick and different options throughout the team. Overall I'm delighted with Archies signings so far this season and I think we could have another successful season.

I would start with Sammon tonight as we need a strong target man against Celtic who can bully their defenders.

is he? I cannot claim to be an expert, but he seems to have scored a good few goals at our level, admittedly most during his first spell with Kilmarnock, and was by no means a failure in his career down south. Absolutely agree that he would not be the most exciting signing and I could imagine him being a not hugely prolific 8 goal a season striker, but even that is better than Azeez/Pogba etc. Provides height for corners, both offensive and defensive, and could be a target man as well as scoring now and again, and setting up others. Seems to have a positive attitude. We could do worse. Might be a reasonable catch.

No, I am not his agent.

Correction. I am Conor Sammon's agent and am looking forward to payment of my commission.

Delighted to get Storey. He'll be a handful at this level, especially if the fans get on his side. Reminds me of Joe Cardle. Likely to blow very hot (and maybe very cold!).

Cannot understand the negativity regarding Sammon. His goal-scoring exploits aren't great but he offers something different to what we already have. He was an Ireland internationalist as well! How many 'rejected' players have prospered at Firhill over the years? It's the Jags way!

• Like 1

Sammon is the out and out battering ram striker we've been waiting for, not got much of a goalscoring record but 5 goals a season is better than Azeez's 3, anyway with the right service from Erskine, Spittal etc. he could get more than that. Storey is like Azeez except with a better goalscoring record, people are saying his record is bad but if he can replicate his Inverness form then I'm sure we'll all be happy!

Don't get to excited people

Sammon stats since leaving Killie are as follows,

26 goals in 228 league and cup matches

By my reckoning if he plays in all games we'll be lucky to witness 5 goals.

Think I'd rather have taken my chances with an unproven English League 2 striker than a proven non goal scorer. Oh well.

Storey on the other hand has at least got a bit more potential I suppose.

Too brief. Shite reckoning. Bit harsh.

Sammon left Killie during the January transfer window mid-season '10-'11, after scoring 15 goals in 23 games in the SPL, to play for Wigan in the EPL. He made only 9 starts in 32 appearances for the Latics and scored only 1 top flight in englandshire goal.

In the summer of 2012 Derby paid over £1million to try him out in Championship :

• Season 1 - 8 goals in 41 starts.
  • Season 2 - 2 goals mostly used off the bench.
  • Season 3 - loaned out to other Championship clubs, Ipswich and Rotherham.
  • season 4 - loaned out to League 1 Sheffield Utd. - 5 goals, 15 starts, 27 appearances.

Free transfer from Derby to Hearts to start season 16/17, makes about 8 starts for Hearts scoring once before being loaned out, he scored 5 goals (+1 penalty) in 15 SPL games for Killie at the end of last season.

Not jizzin masel over the big man... But ... Maybe we've got him just at the right time.

:fan:

Unbelievable well done Archie, obviously taking note of what I've been saying. Sammon is my type of player, Stick him in the box with Dools and the goals will come. Not from Sammon, but Dools will have a field day. To sign Storey as well, Santa has come early........The next project is to sort out the midfield, Osman is as slow as a weekend in the jail, very suspect. Barton must step up, not quite as slow but has got to show he can feed the forward line. Is Bannigan's career over????. We all know he's got the ability and skill, but if he's not the hairy baws to show it then he's just a passenger we can do without. Elliot has earned his place, the most improved player at Firhill these past few years, if only Booth would take note.......All in all Archie has put together the best squad since McNamara, or even in the days of God himself Mr John Lambie.........................................Onwards and upwards

• Like 1

Unbelievable well done Archie, obviously taking note of what I've been saying. Sammon is my type of player, Stick him in the box with Dools and the goals will come. Not from Sammon, but Dools will have a field day. To sign Storey as well, Santa has come early........The next project is to sort out the midfield, Osman is as slow as a weekend in the jail, very suspect. Barton must step up, not quite as slow but has got to show he can feed the forward line. Is Bannigan's career over????. We all know he's got the ability and skill, but if he's not the hairy baws to show it then he's just a passenger we can do without. Elliot has earned his place, the most improved player at Firhill these past few years, if only Booth would take note.......All in all Archie has put together the best squad since McNamara, or even in the days of God himself Mr John Lambie.........................................Onwards and upwards

What's wrong with Bannigan?

Bannigans frustrating ability to pick up bookings for stupid fouls in stupid areas of the pitch drives me nuts. Was doing it 2 years ago. Got injured, makes his comeback and still he picks up yellow cards. 3 in the 5 starts he's had so far this season. Boy is an idiot in this respect. Continual inability to learn and improve. Also think Archibald is at fault here. It's not like he's some sort of psycho hard man enforcer in the midfield. Infuriating!