New Players...

Vinnyjag

Heard spittal knocked back higher wages from Dundee United to sign for us with killie and Motherwell also hoping to sign him.

Sneddon also knocked back Dundee United and Hibs.

Both viewing us as a club very much on the up and ideal for aiding their development through the game

Excellent news and shows the great work being done by Archie and everyone at PTFC

• Like 1

I see Spittal as our Amoo replacement. He doesn't really have a great goal scoring record (although he had a short burst at the end of last season) but he is much more flexible and stil young enough to learn. I liked Amoo, thought him very skillful, but unable/unwilling to fit into our system properly - in the old days when wingers stuck to one wing he'd have been great. Spittal apparently has played both wings and can also play just behind a main striker so he already has what it takes to fit into our style of play - and the demands we make for players to cover different positions if we have injuries/suspensions. At 21, he is still very young (though he broke into first team football so early it seems he's been around for ages) and capable of improvement so we might end up with a terrific player; he is already a good one with experience despite his age which means he can slot right into the team.

I think we need another midfield player and another attacking player. Both would probably have to be able to play more than one position and we still need someone who'll score goals: Spittal is a fine player but his goal scoring record isn't that great. I hope Archie isn't depending on Azeez to suddenly start banging them in.

Happy enough with the signing of Spittal. Don't believe tho' I'd be alone when saying the lad is signed on potential rather than on performance to date. Be very surprised if Spittal offers less than Amoo offered of late but on immediate impact I'd be equally surprised if he'll hit the ground running like say Higginbotham. Feel we need a further signing in an attacking position, whether in a wide or central position, to improve on last season.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 1

Happy enough with the signing of Spittal. Don't believe tho' I'd be alone when saying the lad is signed on potential rather than on performance to date. Be very surprised if Spittal offers less than Amoo offered of late but on immediate impact I'd be equally surprised if he'll hit the ground running like say Higginbotham. Feel we need a further signing in an attacking position, whether in a wide or central position, to improve on last season.

higgy was signed in August had only scored one goal until January. From the January until the May of that season back in the SPL he was simply brilliant, but I wouldn't say he had hit the ground running from the August to the January in fact he had frustrated a few fans

higgy was signed in August had only scored one goal until January. From the January until the May of that season back in the SPL he was simply brilliant, but I wouldn't say he had hit the ground running from the August to the January in fact he had frustrated a few fans

I can recall a few good games he played in the first half of the season. Away at ICT and away to St Mirren spring to mind but you're correct he didn't exactly "hit the ground running" and not the best example I could've picked.

Probably be a while till we find out about Keown's situation with Reading. He maybe released as Reading had about half a dozen defenders out on loan and he isn't getting any younger from a development side of things. The lad needs games and I'm more than happy to provide him with that opportunity at Firhill.

On a related note I wouldn't be adverse to us going for Kristoffer Ajer on a season long loan from Celtic. Seemed to really hold Killie together and seems comfortable on the ball. I feel Celtic would want him to develop the defensive side of his game so I'd be signing him as a central defender rather than a defensive midfielder, kind of the opposite with Lindsay who was a defender first and foremost who improved on the ball during his time with us (to date).

Keown is only 6 months older than Lindsay. It would be an exceptional piece of business to sell Liam to a Championship side and use only a small proportion of those proceeds buying Keown from a club in the same division. I suppose Lindsay's height and power plus the extra year on contract would make him a more expensive player but Niall certainly looks the real deal especially in a three at the back situation. Gut feeling tells me our only realistic chance of retaining Keown would be on a further half season loan, maybe at a stretch a full season. Devine is hardly a man mountain so if Keown was to sign on in some capacity we'd probably still need to be looking for a tall left sided centreback to replenish the defence. Not too simple a task methinks.

Keown is only 6 months older than Lindsay. It would be an exceptional piece of business to sell Liam to a Championship side and use only a small proportion of those proceeds buying Keown from a club in the same division. I suppose Lindsay's height and power plus the extra year on contract would make him a more expensive player but Niall certainly looks the real deal especially in a three at the back situation. Gut feeling tells me our only realistic chance of retaining Keown would be on a further half season loan, maybe at a stretch a full season. Devine is hardly a man mountain so if Keown was to sign on in some capacity we'd probably still need to be looking for a tall left sided centreback to replenish the defence. Not too simple a task methinks.

Seems like Stuart Findlay (Newcastle United) was at training today. He's 6'2/3".

Seems like Stuart Findlay (Newcastle United) was at training today. He's 6'2/3".

I noticed someone mentioning him but on Findlays Twitter he posted yesterday he was at pre season training and there's Sports Direct banners up on the fencing, which makes me think he's still with Newcastle?

I noticed someone mentioning him but on Findlays Twitter he posted yesterday he was at pre season training and there's Sports Direct banners up on the fencing, which makes me think he's still with Newcastle?

I was up at Garscube and saw the guy in question. Definetly not Findlay.