New Players...

Vinnyjag

Booth is another who needs to shape up or ship out. I thought it was just going forward where he lacked but recently he seems to get turned inside out too easily. Either he improves or we need another full back

Azeez, enough has been said an seen. We need to bring in a half decent striker.

Centre backs. We defended brilliantly for 80 minutes against sevco then two lapses in concentration cost us. This will probably be the biggest area which remains unclear, who is staying and who is going. Jack Hendry would be a good fit if possible.

We have an abundance of midfielders although we could do with an upgrade of Amoo, a player who is willing to beat his man.

Easier said than done

Booth is another who needs to shape up or ship out. I thought it was just going forward where he lacked but recently he seems to get turned inside out too easily.

I have to say, I think that is a tad harsh in my opinion. But, Booth does seem to give away a number of free-kicks in dangerous areas by continuing to grab the jersey after he's been beaten. I think that happened at least twice on Sunday.

Similar, but not very similar. Buchanan scored on average in 36% of games played for Thistle (84), Baird in 0% (13 games). Buchanan has scored in 47% of games played for Livi (66), Baird in 37% of games for Falkirk (87).

If we were realistically interested in either as a squad player, on those figures alone I think there's a stronger case for...... one of the two!

No no, neither Buchanan nor Baird. They had their chance at Thistle. We need some fresh blood, not ex-players

• Like 1

Shankland maybe out of contract in a few weeks at Aberdeen. Worth investing in or possibly a loan deal if he re-signs? I mean if he's willing to take a loan deal/stay with Morton on a permanent basis then he's potential affordable right?

Or is he too unproven at this level?

Shankland maybe out of contract in a few weeks at Aberdeen. Worth investing in or possibly a loan deal if he re-signs? I mean if he's willing to take a loan deal/stay with Morton on a permanent basis then he's potential affordable right?

Or is he too unproven at this level?

With 4 goals in 33 games for St Mirren and Morton this season, you can safely say he isn't even proven at Championship level.

• Like 1

No no, neither Buchanan nor Baird. They had their chance at Thistle. We need some fresh blood, not ex-players

I don't understand this resistance to signing ex-players per se. For example, I think Erskine's been an asset in both his first return (loan) and second return to the club.

(I'm not suggesting we should sign Buchanan or Baird by the way)

I don't understand this resistance to signing ex-players per se. For example, I think Erskine's been an asset in both his first return (loan) and second return to the club. (I'm not suggesting we should sign Buchanan or Baird by the way)

The resistance is due to the fact that most of the ex-players are performing in a lower division. And are not outstanding at that level either. Erskine's been an asset but he left us to go to a premier club and came back having done OK (he was getting games then manager changed and he was dropped hence his signing a pre contract for us - which kept him in a premier club). Taking a chance on some youngster who is looking good at a lower level is a different thing but I don't think we're in that market anyway.

• Like 1

The resistance is due to the fact that most of the ex-players are performing in a lower division. And are not outstanding at that level either. Erskine's been an asset but he left us to go to a premier club and came back having done OK (he was getting games then manager changed and he was dropped hence his signing a pre contract for us - which kept him in a premier club). Taking a chance on some youngster who is looking good at a lower level is a different thing but I don't think we're in that market anyway.

So the issue is the players mentioned don't appear to be good enough- not that they're ex-players.

There are several ex jags doing fine at lower levels, some I thought would be great in the PL but failed.

Delighted they are doing well but Archie knows they are not good enough.

I have seen Shankland twice at Morton. Utterly useless.

Ross Forbes is probably the ex-Jag who has had the best season at Championship level, although James Craigen is coming with a late run. I presume no way back for either of them and best to remain as fond memories.

Edited by partickthedog

Ross Forbes is probably the ex-Jag who has had the best season at Championship level, although James Craigen is coming with a late run. I presume no way back for either of them and best to remain as fond memories.

Cracking goal by Craigen at Tannadice the other night.

Pie and Bovril rumours

Amoo, Ridgers and Welsh away.

Fraser has been offered a 6 month contract and all the dev players over 19 apart from Nisbet have been released. Also Simon Murray has signed a pre contract.

If these are true I am a bit surprised about Sean Welsh, as he has had one of his best seasons and also a bit surprised that Gary Fraser is getting a contract, though maybe Sean has decided it's time to move on. Time will tell.

Edited by Lindau

If we have got Murray on a pre contract, he will be a terrific signing going by tonight's game. Has ran himself into the ground and got the vital equaliser. United in play off final after being outplayed for most if the game

with the amount of goals he has scored in these playoffs and it being united will they not just rip up any alleged pre contract. We know from past experience as do Queen's Park that United don't tend to play ball

with the amount of goals he has scored in these playoffs and it being united will they not just rip up any alleged pre contract. We know from past experience as do Queen's Park that United don't tend to play ball

Wouldn't think they could do that, though I dare say if they get back up, Murray might change his mind. Not sure how binding a pre contract is (if indeed it is the case that he has signed one with us) He gave 110% tonight and given how lack lustre we were last night he looks like he would be a great signing!

Theres no way we will get simon murray, if he doesnt sign on again at united there will be teams down south watching him. He is a terrific player, exactly what we are after as well

I would be surprised, but plenty of people saying its a done deal. Time will tell

If it was a done deal, why has it not been announced?

Who knows. He might have asked to keep it quiet until the play offs are over. There have been rumours for about a month now and plenty of them. Don't think we will need to wait too long to see if it's true or not