New Players...

Vinnyjag

Packs a great direct free kick

No he doesn't, he scored a couple of them in the space of two or three weeks, about 18 months ago and hasn't even come close since. We've not had anyone that could be described as packing a great free kick since Barry Robson left us.

What's the story with the boy Welsh from you guys? I see he's out of contract and remember him looking pretty decent whenever we've played you, is he gonna be offered a new deal, or is he getting punted?

Edited by DUFCFAN

No he doesn't, he scored a couple of them in the space of two or three weeks, about 18 months ago and hasn't even come close since. We've not had anyone that could be described as packing a great free kick since Barry Robson left us.

What's the story with the boy Welsh from you guys? I see he's out of contract and remember him looking pretty decent whenever we've played you, is he gonna be offered a new deal, or is he getting punted?

Welsh has been released. He was a contender for our player of the season prior to picking up an injury. I've heard it's his recovery time after picking up an injury that's a problem rather then simply being injury prone. We've stuck by Sean in previous seasons when he's being injured so that's not the reason he's been released, more a case of having too many central midfielders under contract. Welsh is a quality player, good on the ball with both excellent distribution and positional sense. He was a key player in our promotion season and I'm sure he'd be more than a useful player for United.

Welsh has been released. He was a contender for our player of the season prior to picking up an injury. I've heard it's his recovery time after picking up an injury that's a problem rather then simply being injury prone. We've stuck by Sean in previous seasons when he's being injured so that's not the reason he's been released, more a case of having too many central midfielders under contract. Welsh is a quality player, good on the ball with both excellent distribution and positional sense. He was a key player in our promotion season and I'm sure he'd be more than a useful player for United.

Also packs an excellent penalty kick on the few occasions we ever get one.

I'd take Akinfenwa (the Beast) as a high-impact sub up front beside Dools on a 1-year contract. Scares the bejesus out of defences with his size. Think Wycombe are releasing him at end his 1-year there?

Archie has his system. it's worked for him and he's unlikely to change it anytime soon.

However, a system where Dools is less isolated with a fit back-up of a couple players who can chip in 8-10 a season would be good

Edited by Barney Rubble

Only loosely connected to the topic but didn't want to start a new thread:

I know some folk won't want to pay for the Jagzone option but if you have already but haven't looked for a while, there are some very good interviews with Dools, Archie, Maxie and Gereeee up on the site now (well this last week or so). Well worth watching. Latest by Gerry B is about our youth system. All of them 3-parters so in depth. (No I don't get commission on hits, I have to pay like anyone else).

• Like 1

That is terrific. :clapping:

Yes indeed. Good to know it's appreciated.

In a club our size, we clearly do make a difference. Well done and big thanks to all who contributed money, time & inspiration.

Nice plug for the forum too, it may bring some new members to enhance the community.

• Like 3

might be from the same source but seen us linked twice with Stelios Demetrious of St Mirren and Jordon Forster at Hibs. Forster is a cb/rb, Stelios is a lb, athough one of the sources has since said Stelios has signed a new 1 yr contract with St Mirren, I imagine both rumours are alot shite but nothing much else is happening! Big Tam C and Callum B might persuade Forster if he is actually a target.

Yes indeed. Good to know it's appreciated.

In a club our size, we clearly do make a difference. Well done and big thanks to all who contributed money, time & inspiration.

Nice plug for the forum too, it may bring some new members to enhance the community.

Phil, you are immense!

• Like 1

might be from the same source but seen us linked twice with Stelios Demetrious of St Mirren and Jordon Forster at Hibs. Forster is a cb/rb, Stelios is a lb, athough one of the sources has since said Stelios has signed a new 1 yr contract with St Mirren, I imagine both rumours are alot shite but nothing much else is happening! Big Tam C and Callum B might persuade Forster if he is actually a target.

dundee also in for jags target spittal. Stelios signed for st Mirren again

I assume now that Archie has missed out on the three players he had supposedly offered deals to when we finished in the Top-6?

Yes, sounds as if nothing happened although I hope I'm wrong. So much for being able to attract players when we are top six.

No blame on Archie, I'm sure if the club was able to sign them they would have done so by now.

Yes, sounds as if nothing happened although I hope I'm wrong. So much for being able to attract players when we are top six. No blame on Archie, I'm sure if the club was able to sign them they would have done so by now.

Those two embarrassing horsings we suffered at the end of the season might just have made us look a bit less attractive to players with other options.

Great job by Phil and top marks to the club for the acknowledgment on the official site.

What would get them real praise would be a permanent link to the forum. (though if you've tried to find the link to Jagzone recently, that may not be much of a benefit!)