Archie Nominated For Manager Of The Year

I might even begin to warm to Leigh Griffiths

Griffiths added: "If I had to choose one of the other three, I'd go for Alan Archibald.

"His Thistle team came here a few weeks ago and played really well to get a point. With the chances they had, they could maybe have won the game.

"With the budget they have and the way they are playing, they deserve to be in the top six."

• Like 2

Not a chance of winning but delighted he is getting some if the recognition he deserves. By any measure the manager of the season however true measurement criteria never come into these decisions, after all it's a fashion contest and we know who will be deemed the most beautiful!! Step forward Mr Duffy, not.

Surely Archie has a great chance of winning but you can guarantee that the press and all associated will bend over backwards to ensure Brendan Rodgers gets it. That's even though Brendan was in charge of Celtic when they recorded the worst European result in Scottish history getting beat 1-0 off part time Polis and Milkman of Gibraltar. I think last week sums up why Archie should get it....couple of players out but still sets the team up with a great balance and playing good football more so in the second half. Then you look at the coach in the other dugout who supposedly is well regarded then that Hearts team with their budget and who he brought in during the winter are one of the worst I have seen for a long time.

I suppose you could argue that Rodgers was just in the door at the time of that Gibraltar laugh. And Celtic have certainly raised their game this season. Just find awarding the manager of a club that's only done what it was supposed to do verging towards the meaningless.

McInnes is forever making telling substitutions when he plays us, so a grudging respect there. If Aberdeen were to win the Scottish Cup he'd probably be a worthy winner.

I never really subscribed too much to the view that Archie didn't know how to change a game and/or make effective and timely substitutions. He must by now tho' have won over his biggest critics amongst us. Certainly a major feature of his management this season has been how he can change formations effectively at ease both from game to game and during a match. Used to be a criticism of a manager when it was said he didn't know his strongest XI. Archie's got us to the level where we simply don't have an optimum starting line up. Instead we have (when all fit) a bunch of lads that can all walk into the first team. Archie would be a worthy winner but the award isn't targeted at achievement alone and for right or wrong winning silverware seems to be the yardstick.

Not sure why Duffy is included. Finishing fourth in a ten club league containing two part time teams isn't the most remarkable feat. Don't mind McCall being nominated for something similar.

I don't think in this season anyone can grudge Rodgers the award. To still be unbeaten up to now (and likely to go the rest of the season unbeaten) is an amazing achievement even with the huge resources that he has. I think you also have to add that he barely changed the squad, the same squad that couldn't win a treble in the last 3 or 4 'unchallenged' seasons. He also says nice things about our club & manager :)