Christophe Berra

jaggy

Christophe Berra free to move back to Scotland. I know he might be a bit old for our normal type of signing but I think we need experience to help avoid the late goals being conceded.

Interesting to note ATS has been freed and Aberdeen after Shaun Maloney as well.

Christie Elliott appears to be developing into a highly effective, hard-tackling and marauding full back who can play on either side.

Penrice's time should come soon, hopefully.

But, if we could also get ATS back, I would jump at that chance.

Edited by Jaggernaut

But, if we could also get ATS back, I would jump at that chance.

ATS was a big part, along with O'Donnell, in getting us to where we are today. Watched the Doncaster game at the weekend on TV and yes I realise he is just coming back from a serious injury, but he didn't look half the player he was at Firhill. Interesting to see that O'Donnell is struggling to get a game at Luton as well and certainly in the last few weeks he has been on the bench. Must admit at this stage I expected to see both of them at bigger clubs down south. Looks like both might be heading home in the not too distant future!

Berra would be a great signing for us, even at 32 and I think Archie would take him if given the chance. However, there is no way we could afford him and, as is widely reported, he is a stick on to go to Hearts.

I loved Stephen O'Donnell and ATS when they were playing for Thistle. The attacking full backs we played with made for some of the most exciting football we'd seen for years. We have better now though. Dumbuya, Elliott, Booth and Penrice are all signed up for at least another year as well so there is no need to go after them.

There is no question that Elliot has performed well at full back. Dumbuya and Booth haven't been at the same standard as last season, probably as a result of their injuries at the start of the season. Penrice, if I remember correctly only played a few games vs lower league opposition at the start of the season and hadn't really been tested. That said, I would be happy staying with our current group of full backs.

Penrice looked decent last season when he got a few games at the tail end, as I recall. His corners were a joy to behold after the dross we had to suffer for the rest of the season. By all accounts he has improved well out on loan this year, being a stand out for East Fife.