Memorabilia Thread

thebiglemon

I was hoping to start a close season memorabilia thread with pictures of my:

"It's the Jags" +"Firhill for Thrills" 7 inch single from the

"Thistle are Rising" + "Follow Thistle" cassette single

1971 Cup Final ticket and programme

Ian Archer's centenary Jags book signed by John Craig, Alan Hansen, Alan Rough and Ian Archer.

However as I have found uploading pictures is a no-no.....why?

It would be nice to see everyone's memorabilia.

I was hoping to start a close season memorabilia thread with pictures of my:

"It's the Jags" +"Firhill for Thrills" 7 inch single from the

"Thistle are Rising" + "Follow Thistle" cassette single

1971 Cup Final ticket and programme

Ian Archer's centenary Jags book signed by John Craig, Alan Hansen, Alan Rough and Ian Archer.

However as I have found uploading pictures is a no-no.....why?

It would be nice to see everyone's memorabilia.

Great idea for a thread!

I upload pictures onto the "Who are the Jags..." thread using

postimage.org

It takes about 10 seconds.

Just to make it even clearer for people who don't know (and somebody on here kindly instructed me a couple of years ago): once the picture is uploaded at postimage.org I highlight and copy the "Direct Link" option. Then, on here, I click on the wee square with what looks like a tree, along the row with B, I, U etc. A box will pop up, I paste the link I had copied, and Bingo!

Edited by Jaggernaut

On memorabilia: Saddo that I am, I have boxes and boxes of Thistle things stored in my brother's loft while I'm in exile: hundreds of programmes from the 2000s to the 1950s, handbooks from the 70s, 60s, 50s.... even to the Cup winning season of 1920-21, Subbuteo sets, painted figurines in various Jags outfits, pictures (over 100 original press photos), books, Jagsmags, many strips, scarves and ties from many generations.... signed balls, giveaways, players' contracts, old autograph books, cards, paintings, prints, old flags, badges, penants, calendars, season tickets, etc. etc.

I hope one day in the future - maybe a Saturday before a match - to have an auction in the JH stand, to raise money for the club and to ensure that these things find new homes among other Thistle fanatics fans who are interested in the club's long and fascinating history (and future!)..

Edited by Jaggernaut
  • Like 3

I've got loads of old programmes going back to the '70s and some signed team sheets from the occasional trip to hospitality but my favourite bit of memorabilia is a replica '71 shirt signed by the team and Davie McParland at the Hampden night a few years back

Edited by Wayfarer