I totally understand that, but even teams like Falkirk should have beaten that team last night. For as much as we like to mock them, they are our representatives in Europe. Defeats like that do nothing to enhance our game. We are a complete laughing stock an rightly so. I cant see Aberdeen going far either which leaves Celtic carrying the torch for Scotland. Summer football might help a bit, even if it didnt, I'd certainly prefer being in the NS on a miserable day in the summer to a miserable day in the winter

Its a national disgrace.

If Scotland were to lose to Luxembourg then it would be a national disgrace.

When a club 3rd in our league, with the 2nd highest budget and containing mostly non Scots, lose to a club finishing 4th in the League of Luxenbourg then it's their disgrace alone.

Hypothetically if a club 6th in our league, with our budget and containing mostly non Scots, were to lose to the same opposition it would be our disgrace alone. Admittedly nowhere near the same level of disgrace as last night. I just can't see Archie standing in some shrubbery trading verbal punches with us fans during Luxembourgian licensing hours. Similarly I can't imagine any Jags fan having to spend this morning desperately trying to cancel his or her's trip to what would've been the second round destination. I doubt any of us would've been that dismissive of last night's opposition. There lies the disgrace.

• Like 4

Pumped out of Europe before the Glasgow Fair.

Millions upon Millions they were taking for granted coming their way, gone = impending financial armageddon for Sevco.

The Club that Died six years ago lost the BigTaxCase.

Supreme Court confirms the Millions and Millions they thought they could get away with first keeping secret, then laughingly calling it a loan when they were found out = it was illegal, and Tax and NIC should have been paid to HMRC.

They cheated. They died.

An Utterly Tremendous 12 hours of Progress.

GIRFU all hunzombies.

• Like 1

Rangers or Sevco, witever they need to be called to avoid the HMRC, are still representing Scottish football. This result not only has a direct effect on them, it has implications for our game and how it is perceived across the world. I stand by my post that it is very much a national disgrace.

I'll have a laugh at their expense if we are able to beat them, until then, we are only laughing at ourselves

In keeping with other Scottish teams the new Glasgow lot seem to be able to do nothing in Europe, even against minnows. Despite their resources! What a state Scottish football is in. Discuss!

Nowadays the weakest teams in Europe are well organised and very fit in a way that wasn't always so decades ago. That plus many of them being well into their seasons (thus at top match fitness) while our teams are only just starting their pre-seasons mean such results are always very possible. St Johnstone's result was pretty bad too, them being at home. Aberdeen may fare better as they have an extra week to tend days to prepare. Rangers situation mind you was exacerbated by the new manager insisting on dropping some of the players who played together last season and insisting on throwing in a whole bunch of new ones.

Predictable Pedro has now embarked on a charm offensive to get the "supporters" onside. They don't deserve this apparently and following on from the quasi bigotry of the boot colour issue it would appear that appealing to the baser instincts of these people would be the chosen path to his salvation.

This is a very good point. Under Murray (cheat and crook that he was) there was a bit of an attempt to get the blatant bigotry quietened down - mainly because of European ambitions and the consequences of not doing so. Since the new club was formed, the need to convince fans it's still the same old "giant" and keep them onside when flaws appear in the narrative has resulted in the bigot card being played regularly and as a result the hatred and bile spewing out from Ibrox has been worse than anything heard/seen for a long time.

Pumped out of Europe before the Glasgow Fair.

Millions upon Millions they were taking for granted coming their way, gone = impending financial armageddon for Sevco.

The Club that Died six years ago lost the BigTaxCase.

Supreme Court confirms the Millions and Millions they thought they could get away with first keeping secret, then laughingly calling it a loan when they were found out = it was illegal, and Tax and NIC should have been paid to HMRC.

They cheated. They died.

An Utterly Tremendous 12 hours of Progress.

GIRFU all hunzombies.

I don't think there's all that much money to be made in the Europa league (unless you win it). Clubs like St Johnstone and Aberdeen have struggled to break even in the past. Rangers could have made a bit more money as TV would have been happy to cover it (but not for huge amount for early rounds) and they can fill Ibrox - even so I'd say millions and millions is an exaggeration - Eropa league doesn't attract that much attention until the final stages. Of course you're right about their fantasising.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Rangers or Sevco, witever they need to be called to avoid the HMRC, are still representing Scottish football. This result not only has a direct effect on them, it has implications for our game and how it is perceived across the world. I stand by my post that it is very much a national disgrace.

I'll have a laugh at their expense if we are able to beat them, until then, we are only laughing at ourselves

Genuine question: why on earth should we care how Scottish football is perceived around the world?

Nowadays the weakest teams in Europe are well organised and very fit in a way that wasn't always so decades ago. That plus many of them being well into their seasons (thus at top match fitness) while our teams are only just starting their pre-seasons mean such results are always very possible. St Johnstone's result was pretty bad too, them being at home. Aberdeen may fare better as they have an extra week to tend days to prepare. Rangers situation mind you was exacerbated by the new manager insisting on dropping some of the players who played together last season and insisting on throwing in a whole bunch of new ones.

The season in Luxembourg is a winter season, and Niederkorn had played exactly the same amount of competitive games this season as Rangers had. The being well into their season argument isn't really relevant here. Rangers lost because they've thrown together a bunch of players who've just met and have a manager who's more interested in telling them what shoes they can't wear than making them a competent football team.

Genuine question: why on earth should we care how Scottish football is perceived around the world?

The obvious answer is because we would all like to see Thistle playing in Europe one day soon. A direct consequence of the recent shambolic performances of our clubs in Europe will be a reduction in our UEFA coefficent and therefore fewer places for Scottish teams in next years tournaments.

Will you still be laughing at last nights result if we finish 4th next year and don't qualify for Europe ?

• Like 1

The obvious answer is because we would all like to see Thistle playing in Europe one day soon. A direct consequence of the recent shambolic performances of our clubs in Europe will be a reduction in our UEFA coefficent and therefore fewer places for Scottish teams in next years tournaments.

Will you still be laughing at last nights result if we finish 4th next year and don't qualify for Europe ?

That's got nothing to do with how Scottish football is perceived, and is about coefficients. Scotland is currently ranked 26th, and would need to fall to about 52nd in order to lose a place as far as I can see.

What I mean is why should we care at all if people from outside Scotland who aren't interested in Scottish football think it's a pub league?

For what its worth, we could very easily finish 4th and not qualify for Europe depending on the Scottish Cup winners currently. That's far more realistic than Scotland losing a European place.

Even under Dick D's scenario I'd still be laughing at last night's result. It's the irrational part of me that makes me follow football and the Jags in particular.

Besides with sevco bounced out of Europe they'll be significantly weaker financially, which further down the line should increase our chances of beating them and go on to claim 4th spot in the league. Or am I just being irrational? :)

I don't think there's all that much money to be made in the Europa league (unless you win it). Clubs like St Johnstone and Aberdeen have struggled to break even in the past. Rangers could have made a bit more money as TV would have been happy to cover it (but not for huge amount for early rounds) and they can fill Ibrox - even so I'd say millions and millions is an exaggeration - Eropa league doesn't attract that much attention until the final stages. Of course you're right about their fantasising.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/40503821

Sevco have invested heavily this summer, signing eight players, four of whom started on Tuesday and seven of whom commanded fees as chairman Dave King targeted the group stage.

However, defeat means Sevco will miss out on the chance of earning a potential £700,00 in prize money had they reached - and lost - in the play-offs, with a minimum of £2m more available for making the group stage.

Gate receipts would likely have been roughly double that figure.

So getting through last night and even losing in next playoff, is 700k in prize money alone, or a Graeme Dorrans for example.

Getting to group stages (which they expected), going by the above, is at least another 6mill. That'd cover you'd guess some of the transfer fees and wages of the eight brought in so far.

That's best part of 7mill minimum they are down, wheeked straight out from their anticipated revenue or budget and we're not even out the first week of July, so to say Millions upon Millions lost out on, is fair comment IMO.