Fulham

Pie Of The Month

Was about to make a comment on their excellent achievement, but didn't know what sub category allowed football chat,

Its awesome, just gutted it wasn't on the tv anywhere, the debates was more inviting than liverhole,

had a soft spot for fulham since they got promoted, don't know why but its good to see them doing well.

Was about to make a comment on their excellent achievement, but didn't know what sub category allowed football chat,

Its awesome, just gutted it wasn't on the tv anywhere, the debates was more inviting than liverhole,

had a soft spot for fulham since they got promoted, don't know why but its good to see them doing well.

get over it :rolleyes:

It was on ITV4.

Liverpool out, Fulham through, great night!

Well please for Fulham, gives you a semblance of belief that Thistle could do something like this one day, well almost certainly not but miracles can still happen.

Also laughed out loud and was over the moon when Forlan booted that ball into the net infront of the Kop.

They're only 12th in the league though, hardly great considering the last couple of years. :thinking:

As was said, their season started in July & they have a pretty thin squad with no depth in quality, to do well in the league as well as in Europe would have been impossible. I would say they've done well to be nowhere near relegation trouble all season due to that. Makes it all the better for then considering the teams they have beat, remarkable achievement.

Fulhams achievments all the more remarkable when you consider that they started playing in this tournament in July last year and that they dont have the biggest of squads. Roy Hodgson for Manager of the Year :thumbsup:

I seem to remember years ago - don't recall exactly when - Hodgson was suggested by some as a possible new Scotland manager. Wasn't rated though had done quite well managing a Swiss (I think) team. I believe we later opted for a certain Berti Vogts.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Good luck to them. They've managed to shake of being the brunt of music hall jokes without apparently compromising their family/friendly club image.

I'm old enough to remember a similarity between us and them, Fulham had to endure the same Jags jokes we've had to put up with all those years. Fulham even used to have a local comedian (Tommy Trinder) as their chairman back in the late 50s/early 60s. Took us at Firhill the best part of 50 years to follow suit.

Good luck to them. They've managed to shake of being the brunt of music hall jokes without apparently compromising their family/friendly club image.

I'm old enough to remember a similarity between us and them, Fulham had to endure the same Jags jokes we've had to put up with all those years. Fulham even used to have a local comedian (Tommy Trinder) as their chairman back in the late 50s/early 60s. Took us at Firhill the best part of 50 years to follow suit.

:clapping:

This Fulham story is what football is all about. I think its brilliant and would love it, really love it (to quote an ex-Fulham manager) if they won it. Roy Hodgeson has been a success at every club he has been at except Blackburn, who gave him 5 mins to prove himself. He was manager of the Swiss national side and completely transformed them. We really did miss a trick there! Anyway, best of luck to him and his players.

Roy Hodgson comes across on the telly as one of the most honest and sincere figures in the game today. I'm absolutely delighted for him and what he's achieved for his club. In an age when low playing budgets almost certainly mean relegation for clubs of Fulham's size within a year or two at the most, Hodgson has had them well above the safety line since he arrived there a couple of years ago. In fact, to the best of my memory, he came to Craven Cottage towards the end of the 2007/08 season when they were looking odds-on favourites for the drop and somehow managed to save them. It's been onwards and upwards since then (relatively speaking).

Credit to RH as a gentleman and an unsung hero. I really hope they can go all the way and win the thing now.