St Mirren Game Tv Malaga/costa Del Sol

delthejag

Would like to see the second goal again. Beautifully choreographed move from an oft derided short corner. Spittal to Lawless to Spittal to Erskine who threads it through for Lawless to run in and score. What really made the goal was that wee Stevie was hiding behind the referee. When he turned clear a defender went to intercept but crashed into the referee instead!

What a performance that was, particularly from the front 4. Two more wins should get us through although likely in second.

Was disappointed with Osman today - whether he won the ball or not, he didn't need to dive in at 4-0 up and in the middle of the park.

Feels churlish to in any way criticise Archie after that but I thought it was a foolish risk to leave a tiring and yellow carded Banzo on at 5-0 up for as long as he did. Banzo's discipline was excellent but one late challenge or handball or whatever and we could have been two important players down for Tuesday. We had a good option on the bench with McCarthy and could frankly have played with 9 men and still cantered it.

Was surprised how poor Saints were - I thought that would be a really tough match today.

Edited by Stephen1876

Personally don't see why Osman is the captain of the team, no need for that stupid challenge in the middle of the park, 4 up and on a yellow.

Fecking clown and not what I would expect of a captain, what kind of example is he setting with that. Plus is he that vocal ? Don't think I have ever seen him shout and arrange players.

On his day a great player and not a personal attack intended but last season & recently a liability imho. Thoughts ?

• Like 1

Even though St Mirren were desperately poor this afternoon it's always good to record a comfortable victory and boost squad confidence. Loads of good performances - Banzo, Stevie, Spittal, Devine, Erskine. Spittal's direct running and movement of the ball was particularly encouraging. Looks like he's going to be a very good signing. Osman looked off the pace but that's understandable to an extent given that he hasn't played at all pre-season.

Wouldn't be too upset if Osman moved on. Once Keown is fit, Barton will be CM and I don't think Osman and Barton compliment each other at all.

Don't be rediculous we need players like Oman to add real competition and variety to the midfield. Curious to understand if you would have made the same comment if he wasn't sent off today?

• Like 3