St Mirren Game Tv Malaga/costa Del Sol

delthejag

Fantastic performance from start to end (apart from Osman) and a complete contrast to that shambles last week. Good to get 5 goals shared around the team and a clean sheet. Some really good stuff from us, regardless of how poor St Midden were.

I don't think Finnie got many decisions wrong but we picked up four cards for our first four fouls. St Mirren were clogging away happily without picking up their fair share of bookings. I'm sure Blair Spittal just got halted before Osman was sent off.

win 5-0, pished it with 10 men for 30 mins (and score) and folk still moan, jesus christ! I expected alot more from St Mirren but they just couldn't keep up with us, Archie done the right thing dropping Edwards and bring Osman in.he was unlucky to get a 2nd yellow and folk questioning his captaincy really need to have a word with themselves, I take it u weren't all moaning when he guided us to top 6? O thought Lawless, Erskine and Spittall were sensational, some of the fitba played was exceptional

win 5-0, pished it with 10 men for 30 mins (and score) and folk still moan, jesus christ! I expected alot more from St Mirren but they just couldn't keep up with us, Archie done the right thing dropping Edwards and bring Osman in.he was unlucky to get a 2nd yellow and folk questioning his captaincy really need to have a word with themselves, I take it u weren't all moaning when he guided us to top 6? O thought Lawless, Erskine and Spittall were sensational, some of the fitba played was exceptional

He was hardly unlucky to get a second yellow, in fact he also put in a stupid challenge before he got booked the first time which the ref missed. Both pointless challenges where he was highly unlikely to get the ball.

Anyway, that aside great fast flowing passing from jags today. Really impressed with spittal, great pace always wanting the ball and making bursting runs that we are used to from banzo who seems to have dropped into the Sean Welsh position and role.

Credit to st mirren fans for staying till the end, thought they deserved a goal for all their second half shots. Not so long ago we were in the same position as them which makes you appreciate how far Archie had taken us over the last few years.

Don't be rediculous we need players like Oman to add real competition and variety to the midfield. Curious to understand if you would have made the same comment if he wasn't sent off today?

-------------------------

I actually said the same thing about Osman/Barton last season so yes I would have said the same thing regardless of the red card.

Edited by marco77

That has got to be our strongest midfield, as much as I love Edwards, he just doesn't fit into our strongest team.Ozzy will be suspended for the Airdrie game so i would assume Edwards will come in but he just doesnt have the same presence Ozzy has. Bannigan is like a new signing, he just keeps the ball running and keeps it simple.

Personally don't see why Osman is the captain of the team, no need for that stupid challenge in the middle of the park, 4 up and on a yellow.

Fecking clown and not what I would expect of a captain, what kind of example is he setting with that. Plus is he that vocal ? Don't think I have ever seen him shout and arrange players.

On his day a great player and not a personal attack intended but last season & recently a liability imho. Thoughts ?

He played the ball. And he's not a Fecking clown. So, therefore I would like to disagree with your comments.

• Like 1

That has got to be our strongest midfield, as much as I love Edwards, he just doesn't fit into our strongest team.Ozzy will be suspended for the Airdrie game so i would assume Edwards will come in but he just doesnt have the same presence Ozzy has. Bannigan is like a new signing, he just keeps the ball running and keeps it simple.

With Banzo fit and looking good, it will be interesting to see whether Osman or Barton get the nod in midfield. Great problem to have!

FFs we beat St Mirren 5-0 and half of what I've read is all about Abdul. He's now suspended for a game v Airdrie on a plastic pitch he quite possibly wouldn't have been selected for anyway. For what it's worth I thought there was "steelyness" about us today that was missing from Almondvale and that's almost totally down to the inclusion of Osman. If his first booking was down to repetitive fouling then fair play to Finnie but not how I saw it.

I'm all for being objective but searching out for a dubious negative amongst so many positives is just being silly.

• Like 4

Fantastic stuff today, but not sure if St Mirren made it easy for us. I actually though Abs & Booth made a huge difference today, and Abs bossed the midfield before his 2 stupid lunges. We could have done with him at Livvy. Anyway wonderful stuff to watch, some of the interplay between Erskine, Lawless, Booth and Spittal was as good as I've seen in years. Here's hoping we can play like that for the next 2 games to go in to the league campaign on a high. What a difference a week makes!