Stranraer 29/7/17

Auld Jag

Seems strange to me regarding the seeding - why should there be seeding at the "round of 16"?

In effect one of the "European qualifiers" could win this cup by winning 4 games - one of which they are seeded in - makes a nonsense of the competition.

All aboard for a midweek in (or, more accurately, just outside) Perth!!

It seemed every time we got the ball we had to pass the ball to banzo and then to osman and then a few more times sideways before we actually tried to get the ball forward.

I don't like being too harsh a young boy but if Nisbet is our back up striker then we are in serious bother. Why he always wanted to hide behind a defender and not at least try make an effort to get to the ball when it came into the box is beyond me.

I think Thistle thought that if they just turn up they will win. Not very professional and in the end Stranraer deserved at least a point.

Our defence is poor and it we look shakey every time a crossed ball comes in.

Hopefully we get a few signings in this week because based on 3 out of the 4 cup games we will be in bother should we not improve.

only plus points booth getting back to his best and young mclaughlin when he came on near the end

its the same old story as others have said back passes square passes far too long getting the ball from back to front and i dont mean hoofing it forwards

Ironically booth was one of the most guilty for the one dimensional passing.