Hibees Away. First Game

Knightswood Jag

Tough start. Hibs unfurling the flag etc. I'd be happy with a point. Turnbull to make his debut?

Think Turnbull will be starting. We need a more solid midfield because it's Hibs so if I had to drop one of the three behind Doolan it would be Erskine as I think he's been the least impressive out of him, Lawless and Spittal.

Cerny

Elliott Devine Turnbull Booth

Osman

Barton Bannigan

Spittal Doolan Lawless

Does anyone know when Keown is back? I thought it was just a light injury he picked up in pre season with reading

Archie said had we been comfortably beating Stranraer the plan was to give Niall some game time. Think you can draw you're own conclusion from that. The real urgency is to get Barton out of the left centreback position asap. Think I read somewhere that Turnbull wasn't listed for a recent Coventry friendly so as a guess he may not be ready yet.

Don't know about the Essex games but we're a bit rusty in the three at the back formation. The plus side to playing that would be an easier introduction for Turnbull or reintroduction for Keown. Our preferred set up is 4-2-3-1 and that's most likely the way we'll start. I think a further weakness could be Booth, who looks to me like at least a game away from regaining his top form. Playing against his old club could have a further effect. No idea whether that would be for good or bad.

Don't believe I've ever got an Archie starting XI 100% correct but feel more confident this time.

Cerny

Elliott-Devine-Barton-Booth

Osman-Bannigan

Spittal-Erskine-Lawless

Doolan

Archie said had we been comfortably beating Stranraer the plan was to give Niall some game time. Think you can draw you're own conclusion from that. The real urgency is to get Barton out of the left centreback position asap. Think I read somewhere that Turnbull wasn't listed for a recent Coventry friendly so as a guess he may not be ready yet.

Don't know about the Essex games but we're a bit rusty in the three at the back formation. The plus side to playing that would be an easier introduction for Turnbull or reintroduction for Keown. Our preferred set up is 4-2-3-1 and that's most likely the way we'll start. I think a further weakness could be Booth, who looks to me like at least a game away from regaining his top form. Playing against his old club could have a further effect. No idea whether that would be for good or bad.

Don't believe I've ever got an Archie starting XI 100% correct but feel more confident this time.

Cerny

Osman-Bannigan

Spittal-Erskine-Lawless

Doolan

This except Keown for Barton, him and Turnbull to start on the bench

• Like 1

Cerny

Osman-Bannigan

Spittal-Erskine-Lawless

Doolan

Osman not fit,Booth not fit and apparently Erskine didn't train today? Worries. And that back four will have a torrid time against Hibs.

Cerny

Osman-Bannigan

Spittal-Erskine-Lawless

Doolan

Its little wonder we were one of the lowest scorers in the league last season when we play with 2 holding midfielders. We dont get enough bodies forward in attacking moves. Even against stranraer there were some decent crosses put in to one player in the box.

Its little wonder we were one of the lowest scorers in the league last season when we play with 2 holding midfielders. We dont get enough bodies forward in attacking moves. Even against stranraer there were some decent crosses put in to one player in the box.

Two advanced full backs and an attacking midfield of Spittal-Erskine-Lawless playing behind one of the league's top scorers. I happen to believe that's a particularly positive set up. Certainly more attack minded that a standard 4-4-2. The players were at fault for Saturday, not the set up.

I am not sure a midfield three of Barton/Osman/Bannigan will work but happy to be worng. All three want to come short for the ball from CB's and take up similar postitions. Seen it with Barton/Osman last season, getting in each others way. Hopefully if that is the three, then it has been worked on in training.

Reckon the team that started against Stranraer, with Dools in for Kevin, will start the game. Not sure if Keown will be thrown straight in. Seriously doubt Turnbull will play.

I see Hibs have signed Stokes. There are plenty goals in both teams. However, I feel our defence (featured in the League Cup anyway) is far from solid or it is potentially far from match fit depending on who we start.

High scoring game, I suspect! Not overly confident as Hibs will be out and raring to go, point to prove etc.

Reckon the team that started against Stranraer, with Dools in for Kevin, will start the game. Not sure if Keown will be thrown straight in. Seriously doubt Turnbull will play.

I see Hibs have signed Stokes. There are plenty goals in both teams. However, I feel our defence (featured in the League Cup anyway) is far from solid or it is potentially far from match fit depending on who we start.

High scoring game, I suspect! Not overly confident as Hibs will be out and raring to go, point to prove etc.

It'll be

Cerny

Elliott Keown Devine Booth

Osman Bannigan

Spittal Erskine Lawless

Doolan