Friday Night Against Celtic

Paolo

TV replays, definitely a pen. Even centre half thought so and stopped playing for a bit.

Tough miss from Kris.

Agree it looked like we stood off them a bit - had a chance with their dodgy centre halfs.

Slightly ashamed to admit I'd have taken that before the game, but feel it was a chance missed.

Turn it on its head - had Keown hit Hayes like that would you consider that to be a penalty?

We'd be apoplectic on here had a penalty been given against us for similar.

Don't deny it.

I expect it would have been given at the other end. There would be posts on here berating Keown for dithering. Hayes would be called a diving c*** but others would say he was being 'professional' and many would say "why don't we do that"?

Sorry Barney, we were robbed.

• Like 1

Its a stone waller. You just know but if it was up the other end you would have put yer hoose on him giving it which makes it all the more disappointing.

Doolan header everyone knows 9/10 he scores. He lets the ball hit his head rather than direct it. Its a perfect height, again disappointing. Ive said it before, we really need the full team to learn how to head the ball, some of the attempts are inexcusable.

On a positive, thought both Storey and Sammon had good debuts as did turnbull on his home debut.

I expect it would have been given at the other end. There would be posts on here berating Keown for dithering. Hayes would be called a diving c*** but others would say he was being 'professional' and many would say "why don't we do that"?

Sorry Barney, we were robbed.

Fair enough - I appear to be in a minority of one, accepted.

It's just the way I saw that incident, that's all.

If Dallas sees it from behind the goal as per the replays he gives the pen. Don't think he sees the contact properly as Storey blocks his view. And on another day Doools scores his header. Poor first half from us. Decent 2nd. Turnbull, Sammon and Storey look like great signings on tonight's show. Onward and upward with a degree of confidence.

Don't usually post as a nomad streaming it in a pub in the U.S. (Note the disclaimer that I watched the game on TV), but possibly heading back to Scotland later in the year after an 8 year absence so might as well get involved.

I think the team looked pretty decent. Was a bit apprehensive with the signing of Sammon, but he gave us an outball we needed, and his first touch was pretty good. Happy with the signs in this game that he'll be a success. Defense was fairly solid, and therefore I think the gameplan was the right one (we could easily have got 1 or 2 goals with Doolan and the stonewall penalty). With Elliot's shot 5 mins before the Doolan sitter, Doolan was free in the box, so glad they spotted that as an opportunity and almost took it at the next chance. Lawless had a poor game, I guess because he was being dragged into an uncomfortable position so often, so should have been subbed in a tactical change earlier for that reason.

Good signs for the season ahead, and already gained 2 to Hearts on GD today vs Celtic, one of our rivals for the European places :head_ball: (Look for the positives eh!). Doubt many will be that close to taking anything from Celtic this season. Still tough to take that we didn't when we had the chance though.

For anyone else watching on BT - pundit watch - loved it when Sutton was verbally abusing Sammon and Craigan just told him Sammon hates him and was then cut off. There would have been no point in having commentary if Craigan wasn't there, without him it was just a Celtic love in.

With the players we have to come back I think our squad is looking alright, and we should be fighting comfortably mid table at worst. We'll see though!

• Like 3

On pen incident Archie has this to say and I concur.

"Yeh, I think so. It is certainly a foul anywhere else on the pitch. It is a big call, against Celtic, in the last minute of the game.

"You don't often get them. We had a penalty the other night, and we only usually get one a a year, so we're not going to get two in four days."

Nae worries DJ.

I'm as frustrated about tonight as you are, and everyone else on here..... there are plenty of us.

Felt Sir Kris' misguided header was more important than the Storey incident. That was a chance and a half.

Agree, problem is strikers usually get 3 or 4 chances in a game. Against Celtic that doesn't happen, you have to score in that position.