Are We Finished?

Auld Jag

Hadn't realised Muzzy only played 9 league games last season. Set that aside Banzo and GazFraz, then we've been paying a lot of wages to be honourable to players who have been (admittedly through no fault of their own) unable to make a contribution.

At what point does the decision come to cut them loose?

Morally, I don't think you can cut them loose if they sustained the injury in the course of their employment.

Sammon played on the left wing so didn't really start in front of Nisbet or Storey (unless you think either of them would also be considered an option here?). Apparently he played here a lot for Kilmarnock last season so it's possible he's been signed as to play both here and as cover up front.

Sammon played on the left wing so didn't really start in front of Nisbet or Storey (unless you think either of them would also be considered an option here?). Apparently he played here a lot for Kilmarnock last season so it's possible he's been signed as to play both here and as cover up front.

Sammon played on the left and Edwards on the right to stop Celtics attacking full backs. It would have made much more sense to have played Storey out wide if we wanted a wide attack player. Remind me how many times Sammon actually got into Celtics penalty box?

Saturday will be a bigger test for our 2 new signings, after winning 3-0 in the cup game both Storey and Sammon will be under pressure to produce if picked ahead of Nisbet.

Nisbet's played out wide before and Storey will likely feature wide as well in a two up or a front three. Both tho' are purely attacking options whereas Sammon played a sort of box to box role the other night. Thought he covered the defensive side of his duties very well.

Let me ask you LIB, you were at Perth what did you think of Nisbet that night, did you see what you believed he was capable of. When is the last time we scored 3 goals against St Johnstone.

We beat them 3-0 at home in 2015.

Nisbet had a good game against St Johnstone. He's also had numerous stinkers in a Jags top, and clearly isn't ready to be playing regularly in the top flight, imo. Getting a full season on loan at a decent level will allow us to better determine if we really have something here.

• 2 weeks later...

Why not?

Because he's officially on loan to Livingston until January, so cannot play for us until then. Therefore recalling him would be counter productive, as he's been loaned to get match experience, hence Archie's comment about signing a stop-gap.

Just checked the rules - clubs cannot recall a loan player until the transfer window reopens, the only exception to this is with goalkeepers.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Everytime i seem to flick on clyde 1 SSB and theres an interview with Archie its always regarding an 'injury crisis at firhill'.

Am I being too harsh to say that maybe if Booth hadn't shat out the 60/40 ball with the keeper he might not have got injured?

When is muzzy due back now? Can we soldier through with elliot at left back? Is Milan the real deal? We will find out for sure tomorrow. It's a hard game but one no less we are capable of getting something from.

...Am I being too harsh to say that maybe if Booth hadn't shat out the 60/40 ball with the keeper he might not have got injured?...

Yes, I'd say you are: as I saw it, the keeper pulled out of the challenge (instead of putting his shoulder down to take the impact), which resulted in the injury.