Old Firm Seating Arrangements

Knightswood Jag

What is the best seating arrangement for Old Firm games?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best seating arrangement for Old Firm games?

• Put OF in North Stand with Thistle fans in Colin Weir and Jackie Husband Stand
    • Put OF in Jackie Husband and have Thistle fans in the Colin Weir and North Stand
    • Segregate Jackie Husband into the OF half and the Thistle half then give Thistle fans the rest of the ground
    • Give OF Jackie Husband and North Stand and house Thistle fans in the Colin Weir
    • Thistle fans in Jackie Husband, North and half of the Colin Weir Stand

Can we not give them the full Colin Weir stand and whatever we don't sell of the Jackie husband stand and we have the full North stand..

We obviously want to make it a sell out to gain as much cash as possible.

Tell the supporters before the match that the Stand will burn to the ground with them in it if they set off flares.

Can we not give them the full Colin Weir stand and whatever we don't sell of the Jackie husband stand and we have the full North stand..

We obviously want to make it a sell out to gain as much cash as possible.

Something tells me we're not allowed to split the away support. Might just be my memory playing tricks or false info.

Think it only a matter of time till one of the arse cheeks wreck the place. Looks to me that the Colin Weir Stand, with its nooks and crannies is the one where they could do most damage. Have made my feelings on the negative side of moving stands elsewhere but reluctantly feel the status quo is the best option. Just believe the Club shouldn't take the support for granted as they appear to do on this one issue.

• Like 1

There is a further, radical option which has been missed and goes to the heart of maximising income on these occasions. Thistle fans in one stand only. The rest of the ground is ticketed to visiting fans. My understanding is that this would be the Colin Weir Stand because we have a hospitality commitment. It would then be limited opportunity for Thistle Season Ticket holders to actively take up their tickets and after that a general sale.

In this way you maximise the sales and income from visiting fans and you put a (psychological, not financial) premium with Thistle fans having a ticket for these events. You effectively turn the stadium into an away game environment and, hopefully, those committed to supporting the Jags at that event will generate maximum ("let's make some) noise"

• Like 1

Wouldn't give then the north stand. That's were we make the noise and push the team on. For the cup game I would stick them in the Colin weir and warn them pre game that flares and smoke bombs could set the stand on fire so we would not be liable to any mass tragedy that may happen however amusing that May be.

Any solution is going to be a compromise for our fans; I hate having to balance financial reality & the tradition of having a seat that is always yours.

The best of the worst solutions is probably allocating the OF the JH as one large block, leaving us the Northy & Colin Weir stand. At least we'd have 2 sides of the ground.

• Like 2

There is a further, radical option which has been missed and goes to the heart of maximising income on these occasions. Thistle fans in one stand only. The rest of the ground is ticketed to visiting fans. My understanding is that this would be the Colin Weir Stand because we have a hospitality commitment. It would then be limited opportunity for Thistle Season Ticket holders to actively take up their tickets and after that a general sale.

In this way you maximise the sales and income from visiting fans and you put a (psychological, not financial) premium with Thistle fans having a ticket for these events. You effectively turn the stadium into an away game environment and, hopefully, those committed to supporting the Jags at that event will generate maximum ("let's make some) noise"

I appreciate the thinking behind this but don't think it'll work for the stand in question unless it was understood that tickets weren't for designated seats. One of the problems with the Colin Weir Stand is restricted view. One seat is fine, a few seats along you're straining your neck to see both goals. Must cause problems if you're in a group. I tend to get into the ground kinda early (the pub ain't much fun when we play either arse cheek) but even then there's good bit jockeying about to get a decent view. Think if I turned up anything after 20 mins to the KO I'd prefer the North Stand.