Rangers Lite At Firhill 15 And 19 September

P of D

Serious lack of ambition here - not so cuddly anymore my arse.

Yep let's piss off out core support - yea the increasingly small numbers who turn up every 2nd week - by housing them either 100+ yards from one end of the pitch or in a primitive restricted view stand.

I can just about stomach this for league games but this is taking the biscuit. We may as well have asked to play at Ibrox

• Like 4

Are you trying to tell me that having 6000 rangers fans at firhill doesn't forfeit our advantage of being the home team?

Maybe more Thistle fans would have been more interested in going if the club had the baws to issue a rallying call and say, were putting the rangers in the Colin Weir stand, its the 1/4 final of the cup, come and cheer us on to Hampden.

How many times have we played rangers since the JHS was built? The gulf back then was massive. We gave them a run for their money twice that I can remember even though they have had players like de boer etc and again when we were floating around the old 1st division. On paper we have a serious chance of beating them now.

Its a serious public display of a lack of ambition on our side. What are we supporting here? At least give us something to cling onto, some hope of winning something, if not, what is the point?

Excellent post, agree completely.

Maybe it's me, but I really don't get the angst about Old Firm fans in the Jackie Husband. I've been watching Thistle play Rangers and Celtic at Firhill since the'60s and I've NEVER attended a game where there were more Thistle fans than Old Firm ones. That's NEVER in close on 50 years. It's simple: there's more of them than there are of us. It seems to be being suggested that we artificially manipulate that by limiting the number of Old Firm fans who get into Firhill so that the Thistle fans outnumber them: that way we'll shout and sing louder than them and Thistle are more likely to win. As I said at the beginning, maybe it's just me, but that strikes me as pathetic: I've spent nearly 50 years supporting Thistle in the face of being outnumbered by the usual Old Firm crap, having more of them in the ground than Thistle fans isn't going to put me off.

• Like 2

Reading the Evening Times article, seems that Maxy is saying that the directors of a football club are liable for the (mis)behaviour of all fans at a game, regardless of which team they support. If that's the case are the directors of the arse cheecks responsible for damage done at their grounds by away fans. Oh and its our directors liable for the damage to seats in the JHS at the Glasgow Cup final a couple of years ago.

Or did I misread the article?

Or did I misread the article?

It's one of these pieces you can't help but misread. Justifying an action, or depending on your view, trying to justify an action, on two completely different circumstances is often a PR nightmare. On face value the duty of care aspect trumps the financial benefit so the Club/Maxi needn't have given us an arithmetic lesson if we have to move out the JHS.

I suspect Maxi well knows the "whatever reason" in terms of absentee Jags fans tho' he should perhaps have used the plural. Might tho' be worthwhile contacting those ST holders who are absent from the remaining OF league games (I assume the Club can do that as cards are electronic). After all those fans have pre paid for games they had little intention of turning up for. It follows that their goodwill and loyalty are getting tested and ST renewal maybe more of an issue come the time.

Maybe it's me, but I really don't get the angst about Old Firm fans in the Jackie Husband. I've been watching Thistle play Rangers and Celtic at Firhill since the'60s and I've NEVER attended a game where there were more Thistle fans than Old Firm ones. That's NEVER in close on 50 years. It's simple: there's more of them than there are of us. It seems to be being suggested that we artificially manipulate that by limiting the number of Old Firm fans who get into Firhill so that the Thistle fans outnumber them: that way we'll shout and sing louder than them and Thistle are more likely to win. As I said at the beginning, maybe it's just me, but that strikes me as pathetic: I've spent nearly 50 years supporting Thistle in the face of being outnumbered by the usual Old Firm crap, having more of them in the ground than Thistle fans isn't going to put me off.

Exactly right

Can't seem to purchase online either to add onto my season ticket. Anyone else having difficulities today?

I've been trying to add this game to my season ticket too. Go through the process but there seems to be no option to add it to the season ticket. Looks like I may just have to buy a paper ticket and collect it from Firhill, which can be a pain, or pay the £2 postage.

Club needs to stop advertising things which are not available!

I've been trying to add this game to my season ticket too. Go through the process but there seems to be no option to add it to the season ticket. Looks like I may just have to buy a paper ticket and collect it from Firhill, which can be a pain, or pay the £2 postage.

I did eventually get it added to season ticket via telephone, hope you get it sorted.

If buying through your season ticket, collect at Firhill option should add it to your card.

Just been on to ticket site. What a mess! Clicked on various things and eventually seem to have managed to get a ticket. Thanks to jagfox for that last bit, would have been stumped without it. Will still have to phone the club to confirm that the game has been put on my season ticket as the only information I have is 'collect from Firhill'. Confirmation email says 'Thanks for renewing 2016/17 season ticket'.

The ticket site should be replaced with something that works.

• Like 1

Tickets on sale after todays game from ticket office at JHS,thats where I will get mine.

Couldn't be bothered queuing after the game so I waited till I got home and ordered on-line and will get it posted. Doubt very much that there will be any rush to get tickets anyway.

Today's crowd just strengthened my belief that we should be maximising income from OF games. Did us being in the JHS give us advantage? Did the Aberdeen fans being in the main stop them singing?

Give the two ass cheeks as many seats as we can and let us try to fill the main stand. I'm sure there would be plenty we could spend the extra income on. And had we budgeted for that at the beginning of the season maybe we could have got some of the targets we missed out on.

• Like 1