Harry Calderhead

sandy

Yes indeed very sad news and thoughts are with his family and friends. I do not know what turns his health took over the past short while, but it does seem that he was able to enjoy attending Firhill regularly at least up until the end of last season.

I saw Harry at the Airdrie match. So he was still enjoying his football into this season.

• Like 2

If I can be permitted a lighthearted comment at this sad time, if we are going to have a round of applause in a minute to reflect Harry's age, we will need a lot of added time!

....and a light hearted reply

If we're a goal up and it's at either of our next two home games then I doubt that will be a problem.

• Like 1

We had the pleasure of Harry’s company on the North-West bus for many years and, as Joe wrote, were charged with ensuring he could get off at Tesco’s on Maryhill Road to cross over in time for his beloved Bingo!

The Grand Old Man of Firhill may have gone, but he will not be forgotten!

Condolences to the family from all at the NW Branch, but think of the wealth of memories he’s left you!

• Like 3

We had the pleasure of Harry’s company on the North-West bus for many years and, as Joe wrote, were charged with ensuring he could get off at Tesco’s on Maryhill Road to cross over in time for his beloved Bingo!

The Grand Old Man of Firhill may have gone, but he will not be forgotten!

Condolences to the family from all at the NW Branch, but think of the wealth of memories he’s left you!

I'm wondering if you would know whether Harry travelled on the North West bus in the late 60s - early 70s? I was a regular on the NW bus during that period, as a youngster, and starting to think I might remember him from those days as well as seeing him at matches in more recent years.

I'm wondering if you would know whether Harry travelled on the North West bus in the late 60s - early 70s? I was a regular on the NW bus during that period, as a youngster, and starting to think I might remember him from those days as well as seeing him at matches in more recent years.

I don't recollect Harry being on the NW Bus before the nineties (the century's, not his!) I joined the NW in 1967 but really don't think he was around then.

• Like 1