Sevco At Firhill 15/9/17

Auld Jag

Chris Sutton thinks that Ryan stamped on Jack....cant see that myself. No way Ryan is that type of player...no intent in my opinion.

Storm Ina media tea cup, Edwards wasn't even challenging Jack for the ball, it was. Jack that had his two feet off the ground challenging Edwards if anything. I thought Erskine's challenge was daft, but certainly not malicious: however it was probably a sending off. Aided by the the heart is the H*ns indulged in all night. Same player had two kicks at I thinitt was Turnbull, which it been the other way around would've even an automatic Red.

Still I'm proud of our performance with ten men and looking forward to putting thatcher to the sword on TUesday.

Throw in excepted, I actually thought Collum had a decent game tonight.

Only thing I didn't get was lengthy injuries to Wallace and Jack in the first half and and 2 minutes were added. No injuries in second half and four minutes added. Don't get me wrong, we were wasting a lot of time, but rarely get more than 3 minutes against St J no matter how much time is wasted!

• Like 1

To be fare to Aunt Sally he defended Edwards to a point against Suttons cries of stamping. He did point out that Jack was reckless in the way he flew in and again was only pointing to the obvious when he said that "it could have been a red card". He didn't say what had actually been agreed at the lodge earlier and whether Wulliie C had been taking notes at the time.

• Like 1

Edwards/Jack - it's a 50/50, Edwards tries to put his foot on the ball and goes over it. Could it have been a red, yes, but it would have been very unlucky if it was given. Jack went in more recklessly with 2 feet and a split second later and he would have without a doubt seen red. Erskine's was bad, but as Archie says it's a forwards challenge trying to make up for a mistake, no malice in it. You could see he was raging with himself after it!

Barton seemed to slow every play down as we tried to break. Maybe he was effective in ways I didn't see, as we didn't seem to lose the battle in his part of the field, but the number of attacks that ended (or restarted from the back) with him was nuts.

We did well to hold on for the point. Scully trying to top Cerny in the time-wasting department. I understand we were trying at all costs to hold on, but it still frustrated me on a couple of occasions when we were 2 on 2/3 and didn't press for goal. We maybe took 15 seconds off the clock before inevitably losing the ball, but having a drive at goal and a shot could have led to a corner, or who knows, even a goal.

I'm sure it can be said at every game, but it was 2 mistakes that led to the goals - Spittal, and Collum (ok and whoever sat of Dorrans for an age, there were still about 6 defenders between Dorrans and the goal had he gone in and lost the challenge). I think the team set up was good, at least when the players started to hold onto the ball better in attack in the second half.

The game must have been great to watch as a neutral, but I'm with GRE in the new underpants needed status!

From half time until the red card I thought we were excellent.

Right in their faces and pressing high up the pitch.

First half was the complete opposite.

I thought Storey played pretty well, he's quick and direct.

McGinn had a decent debut and Elliot was excellent on the left. Nice to see him with the captains armband as well, the guy has been a brilliant servant to us.

Team did well to get the point in the end, Sammon and Bannigan played a key role in seeing it out.

Time to be more positive and look forward to the games coming up

• Like 2

I expect us to lose a minimum of four goals if scully is in between the posts

I might have thought that myself a couple of years back, but I do believe that Scully has come on hugely since then.

Typed this a long time ago but forgot to send!

Anyway just back from Firhill. Ryan no chance with either goal and stood up calmly and confidently to the late pressure.

To be fare to Aunt Sally he defended Edwards to a point against Suttons cries of stamping. He did point out that Jack was reckless in the way he flew in and again was only pointing to the obvious when he said that "it could have been a red card". He didn't say what had actually been agreed at the lodge earlier and whether Wulliie C had been taking notes at the time.

I don't like criticising. So maybe I'm just missing something with Adam Barton. I know he looks like he has a bit of class, and he has lovely hair and all that. But I worry every time he has the ball, I think he is far more likely to create a chance for the opposition than for Thistle.

I couldn't understand the fuss last season and my opinion isn't changing.

Compare that with Bannigan, who looked composed and completely safe when he came on. Class player, one of the best I've seen at Thistle. Been saying it for years.