Tuesday Night.

Auld Jag

Don't really understand why this went so pear shaped. We score in injury time of the second half. Confidence is high, adrenaline is pumping, opposition clearly rattled. So you'd expect us to come out for ET and have a good go. But no. Come out for ET and are woeful. Totally woeful. Best opportunity for years to get to a semi final and beat Rangers and it's totally blown. Maybe Archie and the players fancied defending for 30 mins and gambling on pens. That's what it looked like. Unsurprisingly it didn't work. Hugely disappointing.

• Like 1

Can't disagree with you there but the same point applies - Hibs, Celtic, St J, Aberdeen all have much greater resources. We've pushed most fairly well and been ahead in more games than not.

Aberdeen's greater resources have seen them drop points to Hearts and Kilmarnock of late. Hibs are leaking goals everywhere? St.Johnstone? Much greater resources than us? You are having a laugh.

We generally agree that this is the best squad we'very had in years, yet we'very been generally poor this season. Does Archie know his best 11 and how they should play them?

This is a worry.

There are only so many hard luck stories before results start to become a self-fulfilling prophecy. See Dundee United a couple of seasons ago.

Friday night's result was acceptable up to a point due to Erskinho's red card, but having taken it to extra-time tonight, we did not acquit ourselves well at all. And Sevco should have been bricking it at that point. It was a real opportunity missed in my view.

I thought we played pretty well for most of the 90 minutes.

Not sure why do much hate for Barton? It's clear he isn't strong enough to play in a defensive tackling role but he always provides an option for an outball and never hides.

Once again our biggest issue is decision making/final ball in the final third of the pitch.

We had so many chances ruined by wrong options/poor crosses.

Sammon was excellent tonight up top, perhaps should have put the header away but it was a top save.

Extra time was a disaster, a real sore one to take.

We generally agree that this is the best squad we'very had in years, yet we'very been generally poor this season. Does Archie know his best 11 and how they should play them?

I am not convinced we have been that poor this season. Yes results have been disappointing thus far, but narrow losses to Celtic and Aberdeen, decent draws away to County and v. Rangers and excellent cup results away to St. J and v. St Mirren shows some promise. And as for Archie not knowing is best 11, can you blame him? Through injuries and suspensions, I am not sure if we've been able to name either the same defence or same midfield 2 games running even if we wanted to. Today, for example, we were missing at least 6 players which you would expect to start for various reasons- the two full backs, Erskine, Osman, Cerny and Storey. That's essentially a fair chunk of the team's spine. And yet we held them over 90.

I fully expect results to pick up soon. And Sammon looked good up front which is another positive. At one stage, with Doolan injured (we have had a ridiculous amount of injuries so early on) we were worried at having very little up front. Now we have real choice there.

• Like 4

Not sure why do much hate for Barton? It's clear he isn't strong enough to play in a defensive tackling role but he always provides an option for an outball and never hides

Seriously!!! Doesn't hide? He slows play down, misses passes, constantly gets caught in possession, never (and I mean never) tackles and trots about the park at a leisurely pace letting his man go. Check their third goal for his level of effort. Not a one off by any means.

• Like 1

Seriously!!! Doesn't hide? He slows play down, misses passes, constantly gets caught in possession, never (and I mean never) tackles and trots about the park at a leisurely pace letting his man go. Check their third goal for his level of effort. Not a one off by any means.

Yep, doesn't hide.

Nothing you mention indicates that he hides, if anything it proves he's constantly looking for the ball.

I'm not for a minute saying he's been brilliant this season but it seems he's been singled out already as this seasons fall guy.

Fair enough - but bear in mind that in 4 of 6 league games so far we have taken and surrendered a lead. That's an issue irrespective of the strength (or otherwise) of the squad.

It suggests a defensive vulnerability, which must surely be at least partially a consequence of having to change the defence almost every game. We came good last season when we had a settled defence. Missing key personel in Osman, Cerny and Booth doesn't help either.

There's a reason managers don't tend to voluntarily rotate defenders.

• Like 1

Yep, doesn't hide.

Nothing you mention indicates that he hides, if anything it proves he's constantly looking for the ball.

I'm not for a minute saying he's been brilliant this season but it seems he's been singled out already as this seasons fall guy.

Think you need to take a good hard look at his work rate off the ball.

It suggests a defensive vulnerability, which must surely be at least partially a consequence of having to change the defence almost every game. We came good last season when we had a settled defence. Missing key personel in Osman, Cerny and Booth doesn't help either.

There's a reason managers don't tend to voluntarily rotate defenders.

I agree with most of that, as it happens.