Hearts 23/9/17

Auld Jag

Are Hearts considered another of those teams with much greater resources so against whom many people don't really expect us to win? If so, then doesn't it start to look like there are only one or two teams in the league that we can realistically compete against?

Semantics.

I don't expect us to beat anyone in the league. Maybe after a few months and we've seen how all the terms are performing you could start saying we are probable favourites or not in some games. I'd baulk at pointing the finger and scoffing at the chumps just yet.

However, I firmly believe we can realistically beat anyone on the league, green old firm included, despite our prudent budget.

We were one of only three teams to take points off the Glasgow east end Hibernian brotherhood last year and so far this year they've put 4 past Hearts, County and Accies while their famous "way" only got them a single goal against us.

We showed in the last two games we're capable against the sticky fingered blue bhoys, lost to a late goal against the Sheep tamperin riggers, and stomped on St, perth in the cup before they bored their way to victory in the league.

It's not the best start again. Results are all important, and they ain't good enough yet. But we are competing, punching above our weight.

It's a 38 round bout, we're down on points but taken our blows reasonably well. Sitting in the corner, our cuts man gotta keep us tidy but he ain't too busy yet, we're hardly marked really. We know what we've got to do, throwin in the towel ain't an option. Maybe we're not title fighters but we're more than just sparring partners. We can hurt you ... and we will.

• Like 3

Bannigan in for Erskine? We need to have more players in forward positions.

Scully

McGinn Keown Devine Turnbull Elliiot

Banzo

Spittal Lawless

Storey Doolan

Whats the latest with Gary 'sare knee' Fraser? Is he gong to come back from injury and be an influential figure? Is he the midfielder we are missing? Basically, is he going to be worth the wait?

Another game, another different lineup. I'm not sure what formation we'll play let alone what the team will be. Hearts seem to have solidified side Levein has been officially in charge of team affairs at Tynecastle.

If we can keep the ball better in midfield I think we've got a decent chance of three points today.