Injury Update

Auld Jag

Turnbull at left back then?

I can't see Turnbull as an attacking full back and I don't think we're equipped to play 4-4-2 (or for that matter really want to). Trouble is the 3-5-2 could be out the windae as well. Nitriansky appears to be more of an orthodox full back and Spittal lacks the pace to drop into a wingback role. I suppose with Milan on the right and McGinn left we won't be considerably weakened. It'll mean a lack of adaptability tho' we at least can play our default formation to a degree..

Btw our full backs in the development squad are promising but on the young side and no way physically up to first team action yet. In my mind Elliott is of all our outfield players the one we least can afford to be injured.

FFS. We've far too many casualties and a player whose second name is one syllable short of a building to keep our casualties in. Bad luck? Maybe, but it wasn't bad luck that we offered fraser an extension on his contract when he was already a long term injury concern.

Which has no relevance to the fact that 3 of our full backs are injured.

Its not only the full backs that are injured. Someone said its down to bad luck we have so many injuries so my point is relevant.

To stay 'relevant' to this thread, I'd like to have an update on Fraser and Dumbuya. Maybe the news of them ever coming back will be a timely boost. We know about Booth, Osman and can now assume Elliot is a 3 monther as well.

Chance/luck is a very strange thing and quite a number of times in the last couple of years I've said to pals (when referring to a chance occurrence) that "if you put THAT in a story, not a person would believe you".

I've had one this week!

As I type, I am in Crete on a week's holiday. When my girlfriend and I were in a queue at Glasgow airport I had to leave her to go to the loo. When I came back she was looking after a fellow passenger's luggage - he was finding out if he could go straight to "air side" as

he had no hold luggage.

He came back, we exchanged pleasantries and he went his way on board amongst the other 350 passengers.

In Crete there was a man waiting for us with a board on it with my name on it, let's call it S McCall. I went and stood beside him. We thought we were in the right place. BUT NO!!! The same guy who we had met in Glasgow came up. He was S McCall as well!

What were the chances of my girlfriend being abandoned by an S McCall and then approached by another S McCall thirty seconds later?

If THAT sort of chance thing can happen surely a few poor results for the Jags can happen or, as at the moment, one full back after another falls with injury.

It is indeed a strange world we inhabit.