Injury Update

Auld Jag

Agree with that. Time schedule will be about right. Fraser would know he was only getting an hour tonight and upped his tempo during his 15 mins in the 2nd half. Might have got a bit longer if it wasn't a plastic surface. So it's fair to assume he came thru tonight OK.

Having seem him tonight do you think he is a candidate for weekend?

Having seem him tonight do you think he is a candidate for weekend?

Probably not but that's just my uneducated guesswork. He did nothing tho' to suggest he is anything but a week or so away from playing and was showing signs of sharpness as the game went on. Having seen others return in similar fashion and do an hour with the U20s (including Gary himself) I agree with BC's last post. He could just be on the bench on Saturday but that might be more to make up the numbers. Could come on as a sub at NDP (surface likely to play a part in any decision), so I reckon it'll be the St Johnstone game before Fraser gets any lengthy game time.

Wondering when these guys due back.

Assuming Fraser will get game time in November

Dumbuya should be back mid November unless hes had a set back?

Booths injury was said 12 weeks which means he should be back December.

Osman - not entirely sure imagine its December/January

Bannigan - early December?

Elliot - March?

It would be nice to have an injury update at some point. Especially regarding Dumbuya as he can’t be far off unless he’s had a setback.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pathetic, what do we actually do in training to get so many injuries or do we just like signing crocks!

And as for not being able to fill the bench, that's a nonsense we have plenty development players who can sit there and gain experience from being around the team on a match day. Would rather have a 16 year old as backup in a certain position than nobody!

• Like 2

Given that Erskine was warming up on the park for Saturday's game I have to presume that the STV report is not entirely accurate. And when you do not have the sort of extensive squad carried by others then some times its just your bad luck. That's why its called bad luck.

They should rename the ground again to something a little more apt, The Injury Crisis Stadium at Firhill. Although it is very disappointing, it is almost the norm to learn of another injury setback. How many black cats are stoating down Firhill road these days? Are we really the unluckiest team in the world?

Why don't we turn this bad luck into something good. Every advert on the TV is about injury lawyers. We are the biggest injury advert in world football. Digby Brown and the rest would pay a fortune to be our sponsor............

Not the worst time to have a break. Hopefully by Decembers games we will have fit enough squad.

GK - Cerny, Scully, Sneddon

DEF - McGinn, Nitriansky, Devine, Turnbull, Keown

Mid- Barton, Edwards, Fraser, Woods, Erskine, Spittal, McCarthy, Lawless

ST - Doolan, Nisbet, Sammon, Storey

The question marks over Booth and Dumbuya's return remain, with not much update coming from the club

As for Osman and Bannigan, both likely out until after Xmas, and same for Elliot - whos likely out until March time.

Maybe time to recall Penrice in January?

Given that Erskine was warming up on the park for Saturday's game I have to presume that the STV report is not entirely accurate. And when you do not have the sort of extensive squad carried by others then some times its just your bad luck. That's why its called bad luck.

Erskine limped off the park during the pre match warm up last week.

So our new signing, Martin Woods, has joined the injury list? Was the 4 minutes last week too much for him? Or did he sign with an injury?

I know - it's unbelievable.

I wish the club would be more transparent with updates on the injuries. Dumbuya in particular. I 've been thinking for a long while there is a story not being told in his case.

• Like 1

When Archie signed Woods the first thing he said was he's not match fit. Thought he might have made the bench today after his 5 mins last week. Can't tho' imagine anyone was exactly astounded he didn't feature today unless of course you've an agenda.

Nonsense LIB.

He featured on the bench and on the park last week, that's incontrovertible.

I'm astounded that he didn't even make the bench today.

Why that is the case is a legitimate question.

Edited by Barney Rubble

Nonsense LIB.

He featured on the bench and on the park last week, that's incontrovertible.

I'm astounded that he didn't even make the bench today.

Why that is the case is a legitimate question.

Nonsense?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15623683.Partick_Thistle_sign_former_Ross_County_midfielder_Martin_Woods/

Martin has a wealth of experience and, while he is lacking in fitness, I expect him to be ready to play his part sooner rather than later. I trust you will all give him the welcome he deserves when he does make his debut.

As I said I thought he might have made the bench but given the above quote 8 days ago how can anyone be too surprised he wasn't involved today. In any case I doubt very much Woods inclusion would've made any difference to today's outcome.

Nonsense?

http://www.heraldsco...r_Martin_Woods/

As I said I thought he might have made the bench but given the above quote 8 days ago how can anyone be too surprised he wasn't involved today. In any case I doubt very much Woods inclusion would've made any difference to today's outcome.

Fair enough - I was unaware of any of that, so I apologise to you.

As you say, it is unlikely that Martin Woods would have made any difference today anyway.