Motherwell 30/9/17

Auld Jag

Didn't go today as I thought it was all too predictable how this game was going to go.

Looks like nothing was learned by the management team from previous visits to Fir Park.

We're beginning to look like a very stale team with a lack of flair and imagination when going forward

and a lack of steel when we're under the cosh.

Bit worrying, as I'm not sure we have the personnel to change it as things stand. Maybe if all those

on the injury list returned but by then it may be too late.

We need to get back to basics. The ultimate aim is to win and to win we need to score goals. What do we do? Their keeper didn't even get his gloves dirty. Its been the same story for too long. We play 3 at the back and still cant defend. Same tired excuses. I bet Killie wont hang about with McCulloch. Its only because there so bad were not bottom. Then the excuse in 2 weeks time will be, "we didnt win this week because they got the bounce off bringing in a new manager".

Get it sorted Archie

Barton and Edwards in midfield will result in similar results as this in the future. Neither of them can run a midfield. Without Osman and Bannigan not back to his best, we're going to struggle. For anyone not at today's game, don't be deceived, that was the worst display from Thistle since coming back into the Premiership. We absolutely need to improve massively on that.

• Like 2

Made the last minute decision to go today, quickly regretted as I saw how toothless and flat we were. Not really a pass mark from the 11, Storey ran his arse off but I’m needing to see a goal from him at some point as that was kinda he whole point we signed him.

Need Erskine on from start, that shape with Dools and Storey doesn’t work for me, need another link man.

Really struggling with injuries too, full back we are really struggling, that’s not archie’s fault.

But yeh we are needing some wins, team looks realy flat. Barton is needing benched but we have no1 to put in his place.

Wrong team selection

Woeful display

No belief

Zero desire

No creativity

Non existent fitness levels

Not one leader

Archie Clueless

Barton useless

Edwards headless chicken

To me they looked as though they completely chucked it today and starting to wonder if the players want Archie out..Might be way off but as I say I am starting to wonder

Made the last minute decision to go today, quickly regretted as I saw how toothless and flat we were. Not really a pass mark from the 11, Storey ran his arse off but I’m needing to see a goal from him at some point as that was kinda he whole point we signed him.

Need Erskine on from start, that shape with Dools and Storey doesn’t work for me, need another link man.

Really struggling with injuries too, full back we are really struggling, that’s not archie’s fault.

But yeh we are needing some wins, team looks realy flat. Barton is needing benched but we have no1 to put in his place.

For me we do, we should be giving Andy McCarthy a sustained run of games, he has not let us down any time he has played and looks a good prospect. He cannot be any worse than Adam has been in there this season.

• Like 2

That was bad. Really bad. Woeful in every aspect.

I hope my eyes recover soon.

Worst performance in a recent memory, and concerning that Archie made no attempt to change things until the game was over.

Next 3 games huge, as November almost looks a write off.

The management need to take a long look at themselves after that one.That is about an unprofessional performance as it gets. I knew we were on a hiding when I seen the team selection.Barton is a total marshmallow of a midfielder .It was everything today though, throw-ins,corners,free kicks , concentrating,desire, fitness too. What Erskine was doing starting on the bench is anyone's guess.Barton isn't this seasons scapegoat , he's a problem pure and simple.Hes targeted by opposition managers as a player who gets caught in possession easilly and unless he changes that dramatically he shouldn't start.

We looked amatuer today, men against boys. Motherwell were light years ahead in terms of preparation and organisation and dare I say motivation too?

First time Ive had real serious doubts about Archie but there is some real basics missing. The midfield move the ball so slowly through it lets the opposition numbers back to defend all the time..

My biggest worry is that Archie must have known what was coming today and played right into Motherwell's hands.

Edited by angry gaz