Wtf?

jaggy

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41492238

If the ref misses something blatant but it’s seen on tv you’d think players would be given retrospective red or yellow card, but not in this case!

Quite incredible. A blatant elbow plus his tackle on Imrie should have been a red card as well.

This on top of Windass’s gesture to us being ignored.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41492238

If the ref misses something blatant but it’s seen on tv you’d think players would be given retrospective red or yellow card, but not in this case!

Quite incredible. A blatant elbow plus his tackle on Imrie should have been a red card as well.

This on top of Windass’s gesture to us being ignored.

And the Morelos kick at Turnbull

In what way is that a surprise ?

Everyone should know by now that the SFA will bend over backwards to help them whenever they can. Until there is a full review of the EBT saga, this sort of thing will continue.

The reason the SFA are so keen to avoid it is that they know it will reveal them as hopelessly compromised (diplomatic way of putting it). The fallout would be departures, resignations and potentially criminal charges.

Only when that happens and the current incumbents are replaced can we be sure that the game is clean.

I feel strongly about this and have written to Maxy to tell him I (and my teenage sons) won't be back until such a review takes place.

That's not something I've done lightly and I know that many of you will disagree.

The alternative is to sit and watch things like this happen over and over again. Sorry - not prepared to pay money for them to cheat and laugh up their sleeves at me.

• Like 6

Well said Buckstone. If only EBTs were the beginning and the end of the institutional cheating. Don't forget about the DOS scheme/'wee tax case' that came before, or the SFA later granting them a Euro licence despite having outstanding tax liabilities.

There seems to be a misconception among many Thistle fans that we were somehow unaffected by all this. As the info at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dhAk4K4f1aaWIZScFH9QpCXx1W8a-802o60kS3BEOwI/htmlview#gid=0 makes clear, in fact along with most other clubs we lost out both economically and in terms of footballing glory to an illegally financially-doped Rangers. Personally, that cup semi final when I stood/sat alongside thousands of other Jags fans watching a rigged game particularly sticks in my craw.

An independent review is a must and you are not the only one to have written to Maxy about this.

• Like 5

In addition, the media will not escape this unscathed. If you get your news from the Daily Ranger, the Herald, etc, etc, then you are simply reading PR handouts. These excuses for journalists are trying to dress this up as a 'Rangers v Celtic' issue in the hope that fans of other clubs will lose interest. Luckily, it seems that fans groups from Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs (in particular) are pressing their boards to ensure this doesn't go away.

I have moaned about the team lying down when we play them, so it would be hypocritical of me to do likewise when I see the reams of evidence in the public domain.

As for DoD's point above, I was living in Leeds when that cup semi was played. I travelled up with 3 mates (Barnsley, Bolton and Huddersfield fans) and saw us lose to a team that, from memory, had only 1 player registered correctly (Tony Vidmar I think). Imagine what would have happened if that was us. Or Spartans. Or Albion Rovers.

That's why this review must happen, with whatever consequences that may follow.

• Like 3

If we don't condemn cheating, we condone it. The SPFL and SFA can try to hide behind purported legal advice but at its core this is not simply about rules and regulations, it's fundamentally about fairness and justice. Thistle and other clubs who fail to realise this will see their gates continue to fall as supporters like us walk away. I have no interest in watching another rigged game.

• Like 3

In addition, the media will not escape this unscathed. If you get your news from the Daily Ranger, the Herald, etc, etc, then you are simply reading PR handouts. These excuses for journalists are trying to dress this up as a 'Rangers v Celtic' issue in the hope that fans of other clubs will lose interest. Luckily, it seems that fans groups from Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs (in particular) are pressing their boards to ensure this doesn't go away. I have moaned about the team lying down when we play them, so it would be hypocritical of me to do likewise when I see the reams of evidence in the public domain. As for DoD's point above, I was living in Leeds when that cup semi was played. I travelled up with 3 mates (Barnsley, Bolton and Huddersfield fans) and saw us lose to a team that, from memory, had only 1 player registered correctly (Tony Vidmar I think). Imagine what would have happened if that was us. Or Spartans. Or Albion Rovers. That's why this review must happen, with whatever consequences that may follow.

Of course the rigging of the Cup semi-final was also underway in our match against ICT, with Hardie's ludicrous second yellow card.

They are all in it together. Don't let anybody fool us into thinking otherwise.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Of course the rigging of the Cup semi-final was also underway in our match against ICT, with Hardie's ludicrous second yellow card.

They are all in it together. Don't let anybody fool us into thinking otherwise.

And Fleming’s as well. Both were a massive loss to us

• Like 1

Looks to me the SFA are doing their damnedest to at least forestall any inquiry. They'll most likely be successful in one of either two ways. The appetite of those calling for an inquiry will diminish or failing that those guilty of complicity within the SFA will be long gone hindering any such inquiry. Tho' no way should we compare a national disaster with a sporting malpractice on scale, there's a parallel with Hillsborough. Delaying tactics, divide and conquer, self policing etc all to the fore.

Ultimately the people who actually hold the most power are the fans. Until enough fans from enough clubs pressure their chairmen/boards into action then I can't see much happening on this issue. Certainly don't see any crusading sports journalists within our jaundiced football related media coming to assist.

• Like 1

The practicalities of an independent Judicial Review (separate from the review that Peter Lawell is calling for) are currently being explored. I agree that this is the most likely route for any successful outcome, as there are too many conflicted individuals at other clubs, Rod Petrie at Hibs for example, who don't want their dirty laundry scrutinised.

The question of why no reporters are following up on this is an interesting one. Is it to protect their already dwindling circulation ? Is it because many of them are Sevco fans and enjoy the access to their heroes ? Or is it because they've been threatened with physical violence if they take it any further ?

Given this is the biggest sporting scandal ever in Scottish, if not British, sport, then while I do believe that there's an element of the first two, that should be outweighed by their journalistic curiosity / integrity (stop laughing at the back !!!) which leads me to believe they're 'following instructions'. That elevates the whole thing to a dark and dangerous level, and the strands that go off from there extend way beyond football.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this is massive and we're all being told to move along. Have a look on the net and you'll find a whole load of stuff that will shock you. And steer clear of 'newspapers' .....

• Like 1

It's not just the silence of the media, it's also the silence of the affected clubs that gets me. Following the end of the EBT tax case appeal and the Craig Whyte fraud case, there is no longer any dispute about the magnitude of Rangers' cheating - the facts are all out there. What's not out there is how they managed to get away with it for so long.

As I said before, if we don't condemn cheating we condone it. Isn't it time Maxy came out with a statement condemning cheating and calling for a full enquiry?

• Like 3

The baw is definitely burst but at the moment one of the scumbags is the only club to have publicly come out in favour of a review. This despite the majority of other clubs, including Thistle, being directly affected by Rangers' financially doped cheating. It was an English journalist who said this was the biggest scandal in British sport but you will never get a Scottish journo to admit this as they are too busy trying to sweep it all under the carpet, telling us it's "time to move on".

So does Maxy condemn cheating or condone it? The club's actions so far suggest he condones it. This isn't good enough for me and I have let him know my feelings on the matter. I would encourage anyone who feels the same to do likewise.

• Like 2

Like most folk on this forum, I used to chuckle at the Celtic fans latest paranoid ramblings. Unfortunately the more I read, the more I realise that they were right and the SFA have been bent for ages. They've surpassed themselves over the past 5 years though, and enough is now enough. As Denis has suggested above, unless we let the club know how we feel, this will go on and on and on (and we have no-one to blame but ourselves). Well, us and the cheating scumbags we've ignored.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

• Like 3

Just sharing what I read... Don't want to come across like I'm taking that side....shudder. Think it's a cop out

A strange ruling. "Additional evidence is required if a player from either Celtic or Rangers assaults a player from Hamilton Accies or Partick Thistle". Wonder if Archie had been playing for either of the ugly sisters he'd have got away with sticking the nut on Dougie Imrie?

Rugby teams can "cite" an opposing player retrospectively within a certain period for foul or dangerous play that has gone unpunished, and a league or international panel reviews available TV footage and can ban the offending player. There are issues about who should be on the panel if such a system was used in Scottish football. However over time the evidence iwould be difficult to ignore especially since it would be given a higher profile, and should result in less bias and better refereeing decisons - if the authorities take a more active approach to managing their referees.

I think though that clubs can ask the citing officer to review the incident(s). I'm sure you're right on the detail, but the process and arrangement is light years ahead of what we have in Scottish football, and gives an avenue by which redress is available and mistakes are corrected.