Hamilton Accies

eljaggo

A bit surprised that there is no topic for this.

I guess the key question is whether we change Saturday's starting 11 to reflect the improvement that the subs made, or stick with the starting 11 and use the early subs again to keep/increase the momentum. I think that another striker from the start would pay dividends.

I can see the point about keeping your best goal scorers till later in the game when opposition defenders are tiring.

However, that's no use if we're already 3 goals down.

But I don't see that as an issue against Hamilton Accies, even though our defence/midfield was wide open on Saturday.

• Like 1

:ph34r:

:detective:

It's amazing just how many H2H records we are setting at the moment. Three category records are up for extension / setting tomorrow night.

The current runs, wholly set in the Archibald era are:

• 11 competitive games without defeat (01.11.2014 to date), a H2H record
  • 10 League games without defeat (01.11.2014 to date), a joint H2H record
  • 6 competitive games without an away defeat (16.03.2013 to date), a joint H2H record

Might sound an odd suggestion but I think we should play big Sammon at LWB. He was superb against Celtic tracking back. He would also offer a bit of presence out there if we do need to go long at points and isn’t the slowest player I have ever seen.

Would never have thought of that. Might be the solution to our problems!

• Like 1

Get through the game on a dodgy surface undefeated, without injuries & suspensions & I'll be relatively happy.

That being said, we should be able to take all 3 points - they seem to be suffering a little at the moment & whilst I wish them no ill, I'd like to see us win comfortably.

3-0 Jags.

Edited by Gary Peebles Tackle

Might sound an odd suggestion but I think we should play big Sammon at LWB. He was superb against Celtic tracking back. He would also offer a bit of presence out there if we do need to go long at points and isn’t the slowest player I have ever seen.

As he would be following in the footsteps of Stevie Lawless as left wing back would this be the greatest ever height disparity between two Thistle players fielded in the same position in consecutive games? TJR??

• Like 1

Interesting idea. With Lawless in front of him. Spittal back with Barton and Edwards in the middle, Erskine in front of them and Storey on a loan striker role.

Cerny

Devine

McGinn, Keown, Turnbull, Sammon

Spittal, Barton, Edwards,Lawless

Storey

Edited by Garscube Road End
  • Like 1

Interesting idea. With Lawless in front of him. Spittal back with Barton and Edwards in the middle, Erskine in front of them and Storey on a loan striker role.

Cerny

Devine

McGinn, Keown, Turnbull, Sammon

Spittal, Barton, Edwards,Lawless

Storey

Should add. Leave Erskine on the bench. As for Sammon at LWB he isn't short of pace. But yeah, risky but Lawless in front of him as insurance. Archie won't do this of course.

Unless you're all aware of injury news that I don't know of, I don't think it's fair to drop McCarthy?

I'd go

Cerny

McGinn Devine Keown Turnbull

Barton McCarthy Edwards

Spittal Erskine

Doolan

But I can see archie not going with Turnbull at left back based on his post match comments from Saturday.

Spittal made a big dfference on Sat, I feel he has to start

I'd change it up again. We were far more effective when on the offensive on Saturday.

Drop Barton. McCarthy is a more than capable replacement from what I've seen.

Bring in Storey up top to see what he can do from there, from the start. Sammon tightly alongside him.

Lawless out for this one. I was critical of him on Twitter, much to the angst of many fellow Jags fans and Stevie himself who replied, politely asking me to "stay off the gear". I was merely pointing out that he ain't no wingback. Apart from the wee flick for the winner, I thought he toiled against some pretty ordinary opposition down that left hand side. Fair play for him sticking at it though (and for challenging me on social media!)

Spittal changed the game and must start every week. His set pieces and deliveries are better than anyone else at the club.

So, eleven for the game tonight;

Cerny

Nitransky Keown Devine Turnbull McGinn

Spittal McCarthy Edwards

Sammon Storey

2 - 0 Jags. Storey and Erskine (sub)

I think we need to have Blair on from the start...other teams will feel the fear when we get a free kick on the edge of the box...that doesn't happen if he isn't there. Would also keep wee McCarthy too..gave a good shift the other day and with the fixture pile up in December we will need him, so the more game for him the better.

Dools will score the winner though.....either on from the start or from the bench.

Mon Jags let's do this.

Dools, Spital, Storey all improved the team on Saturday. ĹB & LWB is a major problem for us. Centre mid was not strong enough either. I have no idea what the solution is!

LB/LWB are the problem and it impacts the whole team selection. Storey did have a positive impact when he came on, but the previous week when he started he was anonymous. I would start with Barton in a back 5/sweeper role which means Turnbull again LB with some support. I am probably going to say :-

Czerny

McGinn

Keown

Barton

Devine

Turnbull

McCarthy

Edwards

Spittal

Erskine

Doolan