Penrice

OCjag

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds as if he is doing well with a team that is 3rd in the championship.His contract is up at the end of this season,should we be thinking about extending it?

with the Livi fans saying sign him up - and it’s not impossible they could come up and we go down- penrice is one of our best prospects so would be madness to not offer him a new deal
  • Like 1

Delighted that Penrice is having success on loan, especially with a team doing well in a competitive league.

I believe he is playing centre mid for Livi. However, if we have Osman, Woods and Fraser fit then he won’t be used in midfield for us this season. Hopefully Booth is back for January too meaning Penrice would unlikely to be used left back.

If these scenarios be the case, I would leave Penrice on loan at Livi. He is gaining excellent experience, far better than sitting on our bench. Making him potentially very useful for us for next season.

ETA: Yes, get his contract extended or at least offer him one, we would be due compensation if he left. Livi also would be due compensation if another club stepped in (remember the Jukka Santala compensation scenario!).

Edited by mhs

I think Penrice has played centre mid due to player shortage but is being played wide mid (left) more often that nought. Stand corrected tho'.

Booth will I agree be preferred at left back but perhaps, tho' I don't want to put too much expectations on the lad, Penrice could offer more at left wink back. At worst with Christie out JP who's obviously gain experience playing various roles would add a bit of versatility to the bench. Even not being a regular starter I think we'd see him come off the bench regularly enough.

Gotta mind that the likes of Forbes, Muirhead, Balatoni, Craigen were comfortable and productive playing at the level Penrice is currently at. No guarantees that he'll be a success in the top division but given the success of his loan spells we've every right to a bit of confidence.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett