Govan, Sevco, Nov. 4Th

Jaggernaut

They were not Scottish or Catalan Flags - they were banners promoting a political view - if they had been Scottish or Catalan Flags they wouldn't have been removed - but don't let the facts get in the way of your biased view

How do you know that? They (flags & persons) may well have been removed anyway as they were probably seen as being provocative. We'll never know the answer

My Views on FCB are no different from a lot of Jags Fans views on the OF - they use Catalan Nationalism whereas the OF use the Politics of NI - pretty much the same thing IMO - as for the Red Hand and the quote - I have no view on it - however as they are by there nature not political banners - whereas the banners that were removed have a clear political message - we cant complain about the actions of the OF and there banners then do the exact same ourselves

The notion that war and politics might be intrinsically linked seems to have bypassed your sensibilities, whilst at the same time you're happy to equate nationalism with sectarianism.

Funny how we twist things to suit our biased views, eh?

God, how I hate Rangers.

^ Biased bestirt! :P

The notion that war and politics might be intrinsically linked seems to have bypassed your sensibilities, whilst at the same time you're happy to equate nationalism with sectarianism.

Funny how we twist things to suit our biased views, eh?

God, how I hate Rangers.

^ Biased bestirt! :P

Given that the quote refers to a Division of the British Army and given that the Symbol is part of a Flag within the UK they are not directly making a political statement - there intent is open to whatever you want to view them as

As Ive said I have no view on it other than pointing out the difference that EUFA would make abiding by there rules of No Political Banners - Ive not defended them mereley stated facts

nationalism and sectarianism.are by there nature both narrow minded and twisted - therefore two cheeks of the same arse to quote an often used phrase on the Forum - promoting a Club using either is simply wrong - its the same thing

How do you know that? They (flags & persons) may well have been removed anyway as they were probably seen as being provocative. We'll never know the answer

Thistle Fans have taken Scottish Flags to OF Games loads of times and the Catalan Flag is our Club Colours - so its highly unlikely they would have been removed

Given that the quote refers to a Division of the British Army...

From Wikipedia:

"The Ulster Volunteers was a unionist militia founded in 1912 to block domestic self-government (or Home Rule) for Ireland, which was then part of the United Kingdom. The Ulster Volunteers were based in the northern province of Ulster. Many Ulster Protestants feared being governed by a Catholic-majority parliament in Dublin and losing their local supremacy and strong links with Britain. In 1913, the militias were organised into the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) and vowed to resist any attempts by the British Government to 'impose' Home Rule on Ulster. Later that year, Irish nationalists formed a rival militia, the Irish Volunteers, to safeguard Home Rule. In April 1914, the UVF smuggled 25,000 rifles into Ulster. The Home Rule Crisis was halted by the outbreak of World War I in August 1914. Many UVF members enlisted with the British Army's 36th (Ulster) Division and went to fight on the Western Front."

I think it is naive to take the "Here lies a soldier" epithet as anything other than bog-standard sectarianism from the Ibrox knuckle-draggers.

• Like 2

Thistle Fans have taken Scottish Flags to OF Games loads of times and the Catalan Flag is our Club Colours - so its highly unlikely they would have been removed

JJ, are you completely ignoring my previous post? You're either trying to involve logic (albeit your logic) into what should have happened, but most certainly didn't, or you're doubting the veracity of my previous post.

Its great to read so many political comments.............Remembrance day has now past, but just how F**ked up must Jaffa scumbags be, to wear a poppy, knowing the club your new club sprang from proudly flew the swastika..........If North Korea needs a practice target, there you go lads............

CGMB, you're an intelligent guy, I'm sure you know that I know you know I wasn't saying you were condoning Orcdom. Far from it.

I will 'cede to you that perhaps the flying of the Yes Saltire or Catalan's indie flag is not particularly cool or imaginative (or even appropriate) at a Thistle game, but it's certainly not "pathetic" and I'm certainly not going to condemn any of our supporters for doing so, ESPECIALLY in that heaving cesspit of a place. And those boys certainly didn't deserve to be treated in the way they were.

We'll need to agree to disagree on what's acceptable and what's not in the good fight.

What's the good fight?

No I did not. Nor am I defending the stewards, whom I'm able to believe were ar5eh0les who made a c*nt of their job.

However, after all that previous effort from the young lad, this was lazy in comparison. He was lauded for liaising with the Ibrox and Firhill staff to agree and coordinate a fine display of support for his team... This time he just took it upon himself to have a dig at the opposition, from an area you might be moved on from for quietly standing, suppin a bovril while waiting on your pal coming back from the pi55er.

I'll stay out the rights and wrongs re the political side of things. If you're making a general point then apologies. However re this specific incident you're incorrect. There were no mitigating circumstances to compensate for what was simply an act of petty thuggery, an action outside the remit of any steward, badged or otherwise.

JJ, are you completely ignoring my previous post? You're either trying to involve logic (albeit your logic) into what should have happened, but most certainly didn't, or you're doubting the veracity of my previous post.

The mitigation would surely be that it is within the stewards' remit to attempt to prevent spectators from standing, loitering or otherwise, from the access passageways and stairways.

Its great to read so many political comments.............Remembrance day has now past, but just how F**ked up must Jaffa scumbags be, to wear a poppy, knowing the club your new club sprang from proudly flew the swastika..........If North Korea needs a practice target, there you go lads............

Is this what you are referring to?

Scotland 2 - Germany nil. -

The mitigation would surely be that it is within the stewards' remit to attempt to prevent spectators from standing, loitering or otherwise, from the access passageways and stairways.

I thought that stewards were in place partly to protect members of the public not to attack them. Even if they were allowed to manhandle them (they aren't) you'd have thought a prior warning would be commonplace.

I thought that stewards were in place partly to protect members of the public not to attack them. Even if they were allowed to manhandle them (they aren't) you'd have thought a prior warning would be commonplace.

In mitigation, they could argue they were protecting members of the public who had paid for a seat to watch the football from having their view obscured and their free movement about the stadium hindered. While verbal negotiation should have been exhausted and then the matter left to police, there was the possibility other fans may have joined the small gathering and created a larger obstruction.

For the avoidance of doubt I repeat, "I'm able to believe [the stewards] were ar5eh0les who made a c*nt of their job."

Well done to Hamilton on their result today........and particularly on showing us how not to freeze in the Copland Road headlights.

Whatever's gone before, ultimately it's this season that counts.

Anyone still deluding themselves that we aren't in a relegation struggle this season?

Probably not. Does this delight you?