We created 2 real chances which should have been buried. Last 10 minutes we should have been putting them under severe pressure but played into their hands. Far from good enough. Our defence is letting us down. How many goals have we lost from that? We had two weeks before the hearts game, two weeks before today and what did we try and do different? Cerny is costing us more goals than he saves whereas there keeper sweeped everything up an looked comfortable, tam would rather stay in his 6 yard box. The kick out which led to the one on one against us was unbelievable. Lennon kicked every baw an archie stood like a concession up the back of the jhs with his hands in his pockets. Barton is enough to cost Archie his job. Fair enough we have a few injured but we should have enough at the top end to get ua a result

I agree with Big Col. I find it absolutely laughable that some people on here have suggested this crop are the best Thistle team in 40 years. Give yourself peace. This is a squad of players with relegation written all over them. In previous seasons, Archie has been able to rely on a stalwart back line to progress. This season we have a defense that leaks goals, a midfield that creates sod all, and an attacking force that can't score.

I think Archie may have started the Christmas sherry early.

"I think it was a very even game, there wasn't a lot in it. We worked their goalie with the best chances in the game.

"I thought it was quite a good game to watch. I'm quite positive about our play today. I thought we played some good stuff.“

Really disappointed with today, Hibs were no great shakes. If you had walked in off the street the last 15mins you would have honestly thought it was us defending a 1 goal lead and Hibs chasing a equalisier. Few arses needing kicked in training this week (although not so hard to add to the injury list). Massive game next weekend now.

• Like 2

I really dont know where to start with that. The first half was very even and quite entertaining. Entertaining in that, there has been no entertainment at all this season.

For the 90. Turnbull and McGinn were our best attacking options down the flanks.

I am getting really frustrated with our front 4. Some would argue we started with our best attack today. But there was so little from them it was painful.

Lawless could have been hooked after 30 minutes his performance was so poor. If he cut inside once, he did it a hundred times. And every time he was brushed aside. Gutless in every 50/50.

Spittal offered very little if anything.

Erskine had a good first half. Disappeared in the second.

I'm struggling to get behind Storey now. His crossing is terrible. On 2 occasions he had space to shoot and chose the wrong option.

As a unit they offered little for Edwards and Barton. So little movement, all the pair of them could do was go sideways and back. Waiting for a run. Something!

But nothing came. 4 statues doing nothing to create an opening.

Keown is being bailed out time and time again by Devine.

I don't know what was up with Cerney today. He was really poor. Is he still not fully fit?

Edited by potty trained

Not as bad as against Kilmarnock,but if this is us up for it after not playing for 2 weeks what will we be like after playing all the games we have this month.We never tackled them (nothing for Lennon to moan about this week).Ambrose made a number of errors,but we were not fast enough to take advantage.Some on this forum have said we are better than Dundee,Kilmarnock,Ross County and Hamilton. So far we are the worst team in the league and no matter what the manager has done In the past the only stats that counts is the league table and that shows that we are the worst.

• Like 1

I really dont know where to start with that. The first half was very even and quite entertaining. Entertaining in that, there has been no entertainment at all this season.

For the 90. Turnbull and McGinn were our best attacking options down the flanks.

I am getting really frustrated with our front 4. Some would argue we started with our best attack today. But there was so little from them it was painful.

Lawless could have been hooked after 30 minutes his performance was so poor. If he cut inside once, he did it a hundred times. And every time he was brushed aside. Gutless in every 50/50.

I'm struggling to get behind Storey now. His crossing is terrible. On 2 occasions he had space to shoot and chose the wrong option.

As a unit they offered little for Edwards and Barton. So little movement, all the pair of them could do was go sideways and back. Waiting for a run. Something!

I don't know what was up with Cerney today. He was really poor. Is he still not fully fit?

Agree with most of what you're saying , some of it's down to the manager's preferred way of playing over the last few seasons , hitting balls down the channels as he is doing just now with Storey and before Azeez and Lyle Taylor , which is fine if there is a second striker or a goalscoring midfielder which we haven't had for a few years now .

Storey isn't the answer in terms of being a prolific striker though he's scored a couple of goals to win us much needed games but he's never going to score when he's out at the corner flag.

Biggest mystery to me is how Conor Salmon was ever a 1.2 million pound player ( Wigan to Derby ), waste of a jersey .

Our midfield are simply not doing enough. The balance is simply wrong we have Barton and Edwards as the holding two and neither could sniff danger if it was hanging from their headbands. We don't create anywhere near enough with too many sideways or backward passes. Erskine has always been hit or miss but this season it's mostly been miss and regrettably to date Storey and Sammon are no upgrade on the much maligned Azeez or Pogba despite how much we have spent on them.

We have a big month ahead and so called poorer squads have responded, can this one? The indications to date suggest not, please prove me wrong.

Horrible performance made worse by the amount ‘F****n’ shouts being made towards Lennon and Stokes in the North Stand

Really unpleasant day (and season thus far) all round

Cannot see any light at end of this tunnel. We are worst in the league on practically every stat going and now find ourselves detached

Edited by Derby Jag

A listless performance,game & atmosphere - there was no booing or applause at the final whistle - we were all probably bored and resigned by then.It has been clear for some time that a team with Barton & Edwards in midfield, no left back, Storey as the main striker and Sammon as the game-changingsubstitute is likely to be relegated. Barton & Edwards simply don't have the skill-set to be effective Premiership midfielders either defensively or as an attacking threat - neither of them had dreadful games but they don't move the ball quickly enough or run at defenders or make incisive passes.

Storey has pace but not much else to offer and both Erskine & Lawless struggled to make any impact. There is very little quick passing and movement and no threat down the left wing. Hibs won without having to be very good or creating a decent chance.

I fear the damage may already have been done to the confidence and morale of the team but we are only 6 points with a game in hand behind Hamilton who are in seventh place - if we can get Osman, Bannigan & Booth back before we fall too far behind the rest of the sides, we can still compete in this League.

Edited by Winter of '63

From the highlights: We were unlucky not to score at least a couple...... though when it happens so often you have to start asking when it's down to bad luck and when it's down to incompetence.

Hibs were denied a stonewall penalty near the end.

We were lacking quality when it mattered. Erskine opted for a hit as hard as he could rather than pick his spot, doolan strike was also down the keepers throat. That was the size of it in terms of attacking threat.

Dont know what stonewall penalty you are referring to, if its the boy shaw it was a clear dive. The referee didnt affect how we played but what i found strange was when lawless was penalised fir a handball when the ball accidentally hit his arm, there was another 3 decisions identical which the ref said was accidental and turned away. Absolutely no consistency.

Winter of 63,as you say we are 6 points behind Hamilton with a game in hand.But that game is against Celtic. We can still catch Hamilton and a few others as we play the 4 teams above us this month, so it is still in our own hands.As I have said elsewhere I feel by the end of this month we will know what direction we are going in.

First half I thought we probably played the best one touch football we have done all season-lots of good movement and no big punts up the park. Had some of the chances we had in the first half gone in, I think we would have gone on to win the game-Hibs were pretty mince. Second half, Christ knows what happened. We were far too slow, listless, too much heidless chickens running about. Unless we beat Killie, which at the moment seems unlikely, we're in the shit.

• Like 1

A listless performance,game & performance - there was no booing or applause at the final whistle - we were all probably bored and resigned by then.It has been clear for some time that a team with Barton & Edwards in midfield, no left back, Storey as the main striker and Sammon as the game-changingsubstitute is likely to be relegated. Barton & Edwards simply don't have the skill-set to be effective Premiership midfielders either defensively or as an attacking threat - neither of them had dreadful games but they don't move the ball quickly enough or run at defenders or make incisive passes.

Storey has pace but not much else to offer and both Erskine & Lawless struggled to make any impact. There is very little quick passing and movement and no threat down the left wing. Hibs won without having to be very good or creating a decent chance.

I fear the damage may already have been done to the confidence and morale of the team but we are only 6 points with a game in hand behind Hamilton who are in seventh place - if we can get Osman, Bannigan & Booth back before we fall too far behind the rest of the sides, we can still compete in this League.

Agree with every word of that.I said a while ago on here that I thought Playing Barton in midfield every week would cost Archie his job and that hasn't changed.He is the definition of a luxury player that is difficult to fit into a team.

Everything would seem to hinge on Osman, Bannigan & Booth getting back ,getting match fit and staying fit and lets face it that is highly unlikely.

We never have been able to connect the midfield to the forward line and every time we sign a player to do so they end up stuck out on the wing. It's no use repeating failing tactics every week.

• Like 1

I still reckon we will pull ourselves away from the foot of the table once a couple of injured players return. Confidence doesn’t seem to be high but all teams go though a rut at times. It’s down to Archie & Shaggy to manage what’s at their disposal and get players clicking again.

I still reckon we will pull ourselves away from the foot of the table once a couple of injured players return. Confidence doesn’t seem to be high but all teams go though a rut at times. It’s down to Archie & Shaggy to manage what’s at their disposal and get players clicking again.

When will that be? As angry gaz alluded to, we are waiting for the return to full fitness and top form of long injured players. This will be many weeks away, if at all. It is a hope rather than a plan. If we are to survive, the club needs a plan. We are not so much 'in a rut' as 'ploughing a lonely furrow'.

• Like 2

spittal offered little yesterday and against Hearts but just at times he offers a minute of brilliance from a set piece that can change games - after little play from him in the Hearts game he took the free kick that got Doolan the goal, yesterday he took a free kick in the first half that marciano had to make a brilliant save that other keepers may not be able to have got too