The Manager

javeajag

Needs dictate - time to ditch the sentimentality Archie. We're in a hole of our own making and it won't change anytime soon if we carry on hoping for the return of the damaged.

Fraser has played about 100 minutes in 3 seasons.

Bannigan has played about 5 games in 22 months and was off the pace in most of them.

Muzzy has played 9 games since May 2016 and for some reason(??) is still nowhere near a return.

We need guys to come in who are fit, can play and can make a difference.

2Teams in our half of the league have sacked there manager.One has improved vastly Kilmarnock,the other Ross County have not. We have 2 home games left before the break.If we won both the games although our away form is very poor our home form would be up with the best and give us some hope. Anything less and the board will have to decide do they stick or twist.2 Defeats and I think Archie should be sacked.

2Teams in our half of the league have sacked there manager.One has improved vastly Kilmarnock,the other Ross County have not. We have 2 home games left before the break.If we won both the games although our away form is very poor our home form would be up with the best and give us some hope. Anything less and the board will have to decide do they stick or twist.2 Defeats and I think Archie should be sacked.

Two teams with experienced managers who now know the strengths and weaknesses of their team. Two managers who may dip into the January window for additions. If archie is sacked at the window , by the time we hire a new manager the transfer window might be irrelevant.

The new man may have to work with what he,s got. As for the players out injured, I,m afraid archie is deluding himself. Next season before wee see them back to full fitness .

The core Archie cult aside, there is perhaps more understanding that he has limited time now. If there are bad results against Hamilton or Ross County at home you’d have to think the majority of the suppory will turn against him. I think a difference in management could make a difference to this team. In which case even if we are 4-6 points at the bottom with a transfer window and winter break there is still a chance of avoiding relegation.

It isn’t Alan Archibald FC

• Like 3

He’s probably still got some goodwill with the board, not because of any “legend” status, rather because he’s kept us in the SPL longer than most of us thought likely...

4 or 6 points against Hamilton and Ross C he’s safe. 3 maybe. 1or zero he’s gone. Assuming zero against Celtic and Aberdeen.

Too tired and emotional tonight to get involved in any discussion. I would tho' like to express my admiration to the fans who hung on to the final whistle in what was basically Baltic conditions and to the OP who was able to get his fingers working to go online so promptly. I barely managed to text the score to my laddie.

Seriously trust everyone made it home safely in what was far from ideal conditions.

I am still with Archie, I have been pretty consistent in the view that whilst he has the opportunity to turn the season around he should be given the opportunity to do so. His record to date as a manager not as a legend affords him the chance to do so.

I do fear he won't be able to do so as for reasons only he can explain we don't seem to learn from the obvious problems that are affecting our play.

Barton is obviously devoid of confidence and offering nothing yet still in the team and lasting 90 mins. We are stretched but there are options that should be tried even if just briefly to take Adam out for a bit.

We are far too slow and ponderous in attack (Barton also the main offender here), and when we get there the quality of cross is unbelievably poor.

Turnbull is never a left back no matter how much he tries surely Nitriansky is worth a run with McGinn switching to the left.

As said by others we do usually dominate possession but we don't hurt teams mostly because as I said previously we are too slow with no real pattern of play. We generally don't hold the ball up well enough with not enough support getting there if we do,

The midfield is the issue and we simply need to find a solution to this either through the current squad or by bringing in support for them. Woods improves us but he is nowhere near fit enough and doesn't last more than a half.

Two big home games coming up we need to win 1 at the very least.

It will depend on the board.What were they expecting ? They gave money to be spent on Keown and Storey and the wage bill has also increased from last season.People on this forum have said we are better than Dundee,Ross County,Hamilton and Kilmarnock,I will settle for being better than 2 of them at the end of the season.

Turnbull is never a left back no matter how much he tries surely Nitriansky is worth a run with McGinn switching to the left.

Sorry for the selective quoting, Metz. So much I agree with. In fact I don't particularly disagree with this either. I have to ask tho' why McGinn can't just stay put and Nitriansky play down the left? Guess the answer to that is why even Lawless has been given a shift on the left flank when Nitriansky has stayed on the bench.

Feel our inability to play fast and positive down the flanks is maybe just as crippling as our lack of dig in defensive midfield. I'd probably fall short of wishing we had Christie Elliott available before Abdul, but not that far short.

I feel stuck on the fence, stick or change. I think, and just my opinion, if say we stay with archie and go down, i would be reasonably onfident he would bring us back up, one or two seasons.

If we don't and we change, who would we reasonably expect to get in, we have to have a solution before we change.

Just a thought, and i've read this from others on the forum, in terms of club size and fan base we are a bottom balf premier and top half championship so i'm not surprised we are in this position (& not happy about it). I'm so very glad i'm not rich enough to be on the board cos it's a tough decision.

Kids all got home fine LIB ta for asking, took a while to thaw out!!

I’m getting behind our manager and our team while this season still has games to play.

We got off the bottom last Christmas, anything is possible.

Mate.

Of course you have a monopoly of getting behind the team from your self built moral high ground ....

Anything is possible including relegation