The Manager

javeajag

"And less negative stuff from the naysayers"!

Heard Archie on the radio this afternoon and was very disappointed.He sounded totally negative about the Celtic game and spoke only about Celtic backlashes after they have a poor result.Dont think he even mentioned us.

Sounded as if we have accepted a heavy defeat already.

Edited by angry gaz

Self built moral high ground? Do you even know what that means?!

Sandy

You should try marketing your self-built moral high ground. Makes a nice change from that mass produced timber decking everybody else has in their gardens.

Also useful to take with you to some of the smaller away grounds and still get a view even if there is no stand or banked terracing.

• Like 1

For Christmas, I want more apostrophes from Allyo. And realism from TJR.

Less of the negative stuff from the naysayers!

Santa's list says Sandy's been good so I wouldn't want to disappoint. I'll do my best but can't guarantee you'll approve, as I don't know exactly what's required. But I'll try to ensure you're happy with my post's gift to you.

Sandy

You should try marketing your self-built moral high ground. Makes a nice change from that mass produced timber decking everybody else has in their gardens.

Also useful to take with you to some of the smaller away grounds and still get a view even if there is no stand or banked terracing.

There’s a gem of a product in there.....

Forget about tomorrow’s game, it’s all about damage limitation, the following 2 are crucial for us, and the management team know it.

We’ve players that are having to play completely out of position (Barton, Edwards, Lawless, Turnbull to name a few), we have no captain available and our center half’s are missing a leader.

We need to get to the break still in touch, if we do and we get Ossie back and bring a few in during January we may survive this, but Archie needs to change our style of play, be stuffy, be aggressive, go direct and grind out results.

Getting dirty results will boost the confidence and in turn improve the style of play (hopefully)

If Archie can adapt for a result over style mentality for a bit, we and him may survive this season, if not......

• Like 2

The core Archie cult aside, there is perhaps more understanding that he has limited time now. If there are bad results against Hamilton or Ross County at home you’d have to think the majority of the suppory will turn against him. I think a difference in management could make a difference to this team. In which case even if we are 4-6 points at the bottom with a transfer window and winter break there is still a chance of avoiding relegation.

It isn’t Alan Archibald FC

Well said, a lot of them on Twitter think it’s a crime to say anything against Archie, Colin Quinn is the worst for it

Just a thought, surely, at this most "family" time of the year we should rally round. Surely no one would want to see someone sacked at this time of year!!

Archie has a family for Godssake, can we have just a little class.

I went through the post bertie auld era, and this is nowhere nearly as bad.

His daughter goes to my school

Well said, a lot of them on Twitter think it’s a crime to say anything against Archie, Colin Quinn is the worst for it

He might be the guy that posted on the forums a long time ago with the name Red Monkey. If so he was very self opinionated and tended to rub many people up the wrong way, myself included. If not him I apologise

Forget about tomorrow’s game, it’s all about damage limitation, the following 2 are crucial for us, and the management team know it.

We’ve players that are having to play completely out of position (Barton, Edwards, Lawless, Turnbull to name a few), we have no captain available and our center half’s are missing a leader.

We need to get to the break still in touch, if we do and we get Ossie back and bring a few in during January we may survive this, but Archie needs to change our style of play, be stuffy, be aggressive, go direct and grind out results.

Getting dirty results will boost the confidence and in turn improve the style of play (hopefully)

If Archie can adapt for a result over style mentality for a bit, we and him may survive this season, if not......

Every year we have been in the top flight we have adapted just a little bit more to being more stuffy and consequently less fun to watch. The stylish football we we all loved and saw every week in the First Division, as was, and in our first year up is now a bit of a treat when we get it. If that is what it takes to stay in this League - playing like Ross County or Saint Johnstone every week - I would rather we were relegated before we become just another boring, also ran, outfit.

• Like 1

Archie in the BBC saying he is looking to bring in new faces in January. I imagine that would involve allowing other players to move on. IMO Fraser, Banzo, and Muzzy will never get back to full fitness and should be let go. There's no room for sentiment. You don't win games with players who aren't in the squad. Can anyone see these players ever coming back and making a positive impact on the pitch? We need winners and people willing to run through walls, not brittle guys scared to break into a sprint incase they tear both hamstrings and get shin splints.

Archie needs two wins and at least two good additions in the transfer to keep us up. He will probably need they six points so that its still his job to make those signings.

Edited by MonehJags

Archie in the BBC saying he is looking to bring in new faces in January. I imagine that would involve allowing other players to move on. IMO Fraser, Banzo, and Muzzy will never get back to full fitness and should be let go. There's no room for sentiment. You don't win games with players who aren't in the squad. Can anyone see these players ever coming back and making a positive impact on the pitch? We need winners and people willing to run through walls, not brittle guys scared to break into a sprint incase they tear both hamstrings and get shin splints.

Archie needs two wins and at least two good additions in the transfer to keep us up. He will probably need they six points so that its still his job to make those signings.

My wee fella was watching muzzy on some snap chat stupid insta whatchamacallit two nights ago. Live apparently. Said he was ramping up speed and stamina training and is hoping to be back end of the month. Dunno if thats december or january. I hear what you say about fragile injury prone players but we have missed his dig

Edited by Guest

Every year we have been in the top flight we have adapted just a little bit more to being more stuffy and consequently less fun to watch. The stylish football we we all loved and saw every week in the First Division, as was, and in our first year up is now a bit of a treat when we get it. If that is what it takes to stay in this League - playing like Ross County or Saint Johnstone every week - I would rather we were relegated before we become just another boring, also ran, outfit.

Yes we have been playing expansive passing football all season.....really ?