The Manager

javeajag

Don't see the fascination with this defensive midfielder role. If Muzzy ever did kick a football again for us, he would be very much wasted in that position. I would also argue that we got the best out of Banzo before he was moved into that area. He used to be more direct and forward minded. If they could guarantee being fit, in good form and play in every game after the winter break they would certainly be more than useful. Whether they can do that or not remains to be seen

Edited by MonehJags

My wee fella was watching muzzy on some snap chat stupid insta whatchamacallit two nights ago. Live apparently. Said he was ramping up speed and stamina training and is hoping to be back end of the month. Dunno if thats december or january. I hear what you say about fragile injury prone players but we have missed his dig

The surgeon gave him the green light yesterday to start full training

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is defending his actions. Archie said he was frustrated because he didn't start the game. I'll you what, I would be raging too. Sat out for years then once your fit get overlooked. Where does he fit into the plan? What have we invested all this time an money on? A squad player?

I'd say we are "no longer a football team" because we don't setup to win games and score goals

If Fraser stays at the club after last nights disgraceful episode, I may as well put my season ticket in the drawer as "We are no longer Thistle"

Wasn't there so don't really want to comment on the degree of "disgraceful episode". As always tho' if a journeyman pro misbehaves there's calls for him to be tossed out a club. And If a 20 goal a season striker were to do the exact same thing......? Btw I'm generalising and thinking if Man Utd had signed some lad from Marseille, who turned out be no more than a squad player, and that player decided to play kung fu with a rival supporter.

Came away from the previous two away games thinking, bar two or three players, there was no sign of any passion whatsoever in the team. Uncontrolled frustration can be channeled into uncontrolled passion. In turn uncontrolled passion can become controlled. Don't think I'd feel the same way about Fraser if he was some sort of prima donna in waiting. Having talked to the lad on occasion coupled with anecdotal patter Gary comes across as a pleasant unassuming character.

The Gary Fraser thing is being blown out of all proportion. It was clearly frustration at mis-controlling a pass and nothing more. It WAS reckless but its the kind of flare up of temper that happens numerous times in a season at all clubs. It is just unfortunate - and no more - that a spectator was hit. I am led to believe that Gary tried to go over at the end to apologise but was (quite correctly) prevented from doing so by the stewards.

As usual some fans, from both clubs, see it for what it was while others, also from both clubs, want to treat it like a capital crime. I think it says more about them than it does about the incident.

Where i would take issue is with Archie's defence of Gary and specifically where Archie says he is not that type of lad. He HAS got form for outbursts of violence and while I am sure he is usually a pleasant enough character I think a bit of anger management wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 1

The Gary Fraser thing is being blown out of all proportion. It was clearly frustration at mis-controlling a pass and nothing more. It WAS reckless but its the kind of flare up of temper that happens numerous times in a season at all clubs. It is just unfortunate - and no more - that a spectator was hit. I am led to believe that Gary tried to go over at the end to apologise but was (quite correctly) prevented from doing so by the stewards.

As usual some fans, from both clubs, see it for what it was while others, also from both clubs, want to treat it like a capital crime. I think it says more about them than it does about the incident.

Where i would take issue is with Archie's defence of Gary and specifically where Archie says he is not that type of lad. He HAS got form for outbursts of violence and while I am sure he is usually a pleasant enough character I think a bit of anger management wouldn't go amiss.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/club-statement-gary-fraser/

It's nasty Scott Brown types we need, no' stupid wee boys with issues like Gary Fraser.

By all accounts, he can barely cut it even in development games this term.

More than 4 years at Firhill now, and he's never even made 10 consecutive appearances in all that time.

There's a window coming up, I'd be looking to get him replaced with a proper midfield general if I was Archie.

By all accounts, he can barely cut it even in development games this term.

Not by all accounts, TJR. He was playing in U20 games as part of his recovery programme where I saw him three or four times put in an hour on plastic pitches. His performances were encouraging. I've seen countless overage players, both ours and opponents, play for the U20s and rarely do the ones recovering from injury play significant roles. They're simply playing to a different agenda. If you went on performances with the U20s as a yardstick guys like Tomas and Christie would've been shown the door.