New Arrivals

Paukea

I see that James McPake of Dundee has retired following that horrific knee injury and has taken up a coaching role now instead. With the amount of time Gary Fraser has spent on the side lines maybe this is something he should be looking at as well. He breaks a finger nail tying his laces ruling him out for weeks then when he does briefly feature, he has to issue an apology. There is/was undoubtedly a footballer in there somewhere, but I'm willing to bet that he wont make anymore than five further appearances this season. Its a luxury we can ill afford

Edited by MonehJags

Does anyone think we should still add to the squad.

I get that a couple would have to leave first probably.

I don't know if anyone will agree but I think we need another attacking creative midfield type.

For me Erskine and Spittal are on a poor run and right now they are our week links in my opinion although I would love to see them turn it around I think we could do with another in that type of role.

I see St Johnstone are in for Scott Wright of Aberdeen and I think he would be an awesome addition for us and could just be the difference

Thoughts?

while Spittal has been a bit poorer compared to his form earlier in the season- worth remembering if it wasn’t for his assists and goals we would have been marooned at the bottom- he has also just turned 22 and it’s his first season at the club as well - I’m sure it’s just a short dip in form

In erskines case has he not been playing with injury for a chunk of the season?

When someone was saying about Celtic looking for a new keeper and they might want Cerny I thought, no chance, but now seeing them reportedly after Carson at Well and Bain at Dundee, I think we’re lucky they’ve not made an offer for him, Tam is a better keeper than they two.

Edited by jags on tour

Is it a sign we are bringing someone in ?

I think we already did in Paul McGinn. I do not think that we would have signed Paul if Milan had been up to the mark, so Milan's departure does not really free up a wage, but rather means that we are no longer over-spending on right-sided fullbacks.

Edited by partickthedog

Talking about trimming the squad whats the overall opinion on both Bannigan and Fraser if they both play less than 5 games between now and end of season?

Personally as good as Bannigan has been for us; we simply cant afford to carry any injured players. We have been caught out this season by doing exactly that, and id rather we have a fit squad player than a 5/10 game a year Bannigan.

As for Fraser, he has talent but the same applies as above. Time to go.

You could possibly even put Dumbuya in the same bracket...

Sadly, Milan didn't improve on what we already have. You are always looking for any addition to the playing staff to raise the quality of the gene pool every time you dip into the transfer market.

I do wish Milan success wherever his career takes him.

(He might consider a recent opening for a defender a bit closer to home at Jagiellonia Białystok)