Jordan Turnbull Recalled From Loan

jaggybunnet

He's almost universally disliked by Coventry fans, and apparently they're still paying 50% of his wages. Makes sense for Coventry to get him off their books, and make some money in the process. Not a great situation, but always a possibility when you decide to loan as oppose to buy a player outright. Hopefully get a replacement in when the team return from Spain.

With Booth & Penrice returning the emphasis on bringing in a left sided defender is, tho' preferable, less of an issue. I imagine replacing Jordan will be a priority and I don't think it'll be too easy. The move across the defence possibly was partially to blame for Divine's drop in form and I'd like to believe Danny's a dependable squad player at worst as long as he features on his better side.

Somebody can probably confirm but I'm guessing that we can now bring in another player on loan, so maybe gives Archie a wee bit of flexibility provided we can sign a defender. I'm hoping that this recall has been on the cards and not too much a surprise to the management. Turnbull has been one of the few players I've thought has been dependable over what's been a tricky time for the team as a whole. Disappointed to see him go.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2

Good luck to Jordan. I am really disappointed to hear this, although there is little that we can do if Coventry decide to recall him. The timing does seem a bid odd , it possibly does indicate that a bid has come in for him.

its on there OS now

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/transfer-jordan-turnbull-recalled-from-loan/

Found this article on P&B. It seems as though Coventry City will not be getting a fee for Jordan until Northampton sell him!

Northampton is only a stones throw from Coventry so it may be that he has a mortgaged house or family, partner etc. Nonetheless, bad news to lose him as he was a good player and happy to play out from the back. His pass to put Dools through against Dundee at Firhill was excellent.

All the best and thanks Jordan.

We do need a left sided centre half now unless we are comfortable that Penrice could step in there at SPFL level

Edited by Stephen1876

I have never really understood what we mean by left sided centre half? Do we mean basically he is predominantly left footed or is there a specific skill set to be the left centre half?

Every team surely can’t be playing a right footed and left footed centre half duo so why necessarily do thistle need this.

While it probably adds a nice balance if he is left footed surely we should sign the best centre half available to us.

Found this article on P&B. It seems as though Coventry City will not be getting a fee for Jordan until Northampton sell him!

http://www.coventryt...ventry-14137787

I'm sure we could have managed to agree to that. Perhaps Jordan will be happier in England.

we should offer to take him and have a sell on fee for Coventry!