Team V Qos

Paukea

Very much a feeling of relief after that. It was a bit of a makeshift side with Barton in a back 4 and Booth and Osman being unknown quantities after their time off. Souns as if Sammon was the difference as he finished his chances, while Dobbie missed his at the other end. In the hat for the next round and that is the important thing

Edit to add ... Frazerborough next please.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

Great win and good that Sammon is giving us an extra dimension up-front which takes the pressure off Doolan. With a few still to return from injury and posssible new signings, the picture is a lot rosier than it was a month ago.

A bit surprised at QoS not allowing away supporters access at the gate. The crowd was less than 2500, and some extra stewarding costs might have been covered by a bigger gate - I would have gone but have been away and didn't get the chance to buy a ticket through Firhill, and I'm sure there were many more like me.

Edited by eljaggo

We need to be a bit sharper and our first touch was sometimes awful. Could be down to the pitch but same for both teams. Good to get through and hopefully a decent tie in the next round - away to a lower league team we haven't played in a while. Brora hopefully,

Edited by Motherwell Jag

Thought the pitch was just awful. Okay, the same for both teams but it took away our wee advantage. If the ball was bouncing it did so about ten feet in the air.

Pleased with how we did and Booth had a stormer considering how long he has been out. The bounce of the ball seemed to confuse Squiddy and he didn't have a great game.

Sammon was great and he looks as if his confidence is growing by the game. We might just get as much out of him as Killie did before he went down south . That would be great.

My beef is STILL the way everything comes down the wings and inevitably there is an aimless ball to one person in the box (if it gets past the first defender at all)

And couldn't we still do with a Stephen Dobbie? A great player yet.

All things considered I thought it was a decent enough performance and a good result. Booth was excellent and looked like he hadn't been out for so long at all. Barton strolled it at times and was good to see osman back. My motm was sammon though. Brilliant at holding the ball up and deserved his goals. Wasn't convinced with him after his first few games for us but he's definitely starting to look the part now and long may it continue.