Sellick Away

jags on tour

when did it get cut? As we got over £80,000 last year against Aberdeen

This season. They cut down the television money payments and re-distributed them into the general round payments. So, in essence, clubs get paid more for reaching that round rather than a massive jackpot for the "luck" of a television game.

Maybe something like this;

25000 x £15 (average ticket price) = £375000 (less costs) 75000 / 2 = £150000 plus TV money £80000 = £230,000.

25000 x £15 - VAT = £300000 less costs (Policing, stewarding, floodlights etc) I heard a figure of £150k for a game at either side of OF

TV is only £30k

We’d get about £120k if lucky

I’d rather get an easy tie

25000 x £15 - VAT = £300000 less costs (Policing, stewarding, floodlights etc) I heard a figure of £150k for a game at either side of OF

TV is only £30k

We’d get about £120k if lucky

I’d rather get an easy tie

So would I.

Not sure how Tax works for football clubs and whether revenue is off set against costs at the end of each tax year, i.e. players wages, policing, staff etc.

Be interested to know.

I doubt it will be £15, probably more like £20. I would be a bit more optimistic on the attendance as well - say 30000. On a 60/40 split that’s 240k plus tv money.

That’s a couple of players for us, hopefully. But I still want us to get through into the next round

• Like 1

Not that bothered bout getting them but really pissed off they get yet another home tie.

I remember as a kid in the 70's we were all totally 100% convinced that those two barsteward clubs were allocated heated balls fo all cup draws. They never drew each other for years and years and invariably got home tie's. And they wonder why everyone else hates them?

They generally dont usually televise games at celtic park or ibrox is what i mean, id take £30000 any day.

Aberdeen v Dundee united

Hearts v St Johnstone

Ayr v Sevco

I'd guess it's who has first dibs between Sky and BBC. I remember Celtic v Fake Thistle on BBC at this stage last season. And Dons v us on BBC thereafter. Maybe they are only allowed one SC game per home ground?

One cause for optimism is that over the past few years we have competed far better with Celtic at Parkhead than we have at Firhill. If you leave out the aberration of the cup tie where Stuart Bannigan was sent off at 0-1 and we ended up losing 6, in all our league games since promotion, we have never lost by more then 2 goals. In quite a few of the 0-1s, we have had opportunities to score/equalise and of course who can forget Ade's memorable finish to secure a draw (and he did have a chance to slot a winner).

Feed the fish and maybe we will scale the heights!