Where Will We Finish?

Auld Jag

That equates to around 5 wins from the remaining 14 games. I would say if we can go unbeaten in our next four games (not including sevco) we will be OK. The sevco game will be a bonus.

This weeks game represents a real test to see how far we have come. In recent seasons at Fir Park the game has been disastrous. With the players now available to Archie, hopefully he has a game plan to blow that record out the water and spoil us with back to back away wins :fan:

I'm not sure where we will finish, but going into the split, we will be challenging Motherwell na Kilmarnock for that 6th place. We will be above Saints, Hamilton, Dundee and Ross at that time. Post split we don't have a good history, so unless we get that 6th place, I think we might drop back.

Stopping sitting on the fence, I'll go for 8th.

I think the best we can finish is 8th but, given the start we had, I'd still be delighted with 10th. I feel Hamilton and Ross County are the two we have to finish above but St Johnstone are really struggling and are about to play three very difficult away games. Could they "Do a Hibs"?

I would also love to beat Dundee United in a play off but hoping it won't come to that.

I think the best we can finish is 8th but, given the start we had, I'd still be delighted with 10th. I feel Hamilton and Ross County are the two we have to finish above but St Johnstone are really struggling and are about to play three very difficult away games. Could they "Do a Hibs"?

I would also love to beat Dundee United in a play off but hoping it won't come to that.

Let's pray that it doesn't come to that....

Now we are up to 10th lets hope this is the lowest we find ourselves for the rest of this season.It wont be easy but I feel we should be looking for about 6points from the remainder of the league games we have this month.March will be a hard month as we are at home to Aberdeen then play the 2 Edinburgh clubs away.

4 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

We're not very good. Tenth will be need to be seen as some kind of success, allowing Archie to try to get a better squad ready for next season. Anything above 10th should be seen as a bonus.

This is what we were saying when we finished sixth last season!

21 hours ago, Fearchar said:

Due to lack of physical fitness, the final 15-20 minutes of every game is lost. That's preparation for relegation, and it's reflected in the atrocious goal difference. :-(

In all competitions this season we have scored 9 and conceded 8 in the last 15 minutes of matches.  In the league, the net gd in the last 15 minutes is -3. Not sure how our “lack of fitness” is reflected in our goal difference looking at the stats.  

14 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

In all competitions this season we have scored 9 and conceded 8 in the last 15 minutes of matches.  In the league, the net gd in the last 15 minutes is -3. Not sure how our “lack of fitness” is reflected in our goal difference looking at the stats.  

Agree.

Perhaps Fearchar is meaning that some of our players lack pace?  For wide roles at least Spittal, McGinn and Lawless aren't exactly the nippiest. Dools and Erskine, never lightning anyway have further slowed up.  Pacy players like Edwards, Storey and once he gets going, Sammon are likely to be tiring come 15-20 mins to go.  It's quite feasible that dependent on substitutions as a team we'll have slowed down considerably by then.  I think that's really only a problem against sides that dominate possession and it's no coincidence they're the top teams, who we have such a poor record against.

In short we may possibly on the odd occasion be at fault for not managing game time from a stamina point of view.  Though I believe myself it's pure bad luck  we conceivably could have a training problem in relation to the number of injuries we've had to endure.  I certainly don't tho' believe relative  our competitors our overall fitness is a problem.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett