Bannigan

nohidingplace

Its the same as Fraser. Its more in hope rather than expectation now to see these guys get back on the pitch. Will they be able to get back to anywhere near their best and play more than 10 games a season? Time will tell but I would say in Banzo's case its a tough call for Archie. We need quality reliable players who can have an impact and make a difference. I'm not so sure either of them can be that.

Update on banzo. He went to see the surgeon on Thursday. He has inflammation in his knee which is causing the pain. No surgery needed. He got an injection to settle the knee down. He will be out for 6 weeks. Should be back before the end of the season. Hope the club gives him an extended deal to prove his fitness like they did with Gary Fraser. 

1 hour ago, northjag said:

Update on banzo. He went to see the surgeon on Thursday. He has inflammation in his knee which is causing the pain. No surgery needed. He got an injection to settle the knee down. He will be out for 6 weeks. Should be back before the end of the season. Hope the club gives him an extended deal to prove his fitness like they did with Gary Fraser. 

Ah! The 6 week cure. Time to cut Banzo loose. Two year contract wasted on him.

Thanks for the updates Northjag though it's a bit disappointing that the Club has again not provided any information  on a player's recovery from injury.

I think I have only seen Banzo play for about 20 minutes this season when he came on as a sub against  Hearts...it was enough  to remind me of his ability to link up the  play with quick incisive passes.  As a midfield talent, he is way ahead of Edwards, Barton & Osman...that is close to 2 seasons he has been out but if he comes back at anywhere near his previous form,  he will be a major asset.