Sport Sound On Bbc

jagfaelivi

We got a mention tonight. Tom English said "I think Motherwell will shade it!"

THAT WAS IT. We are really highly considered. If you came upon Scottish football from another world and you relied on the national broadcaster for information you would never find out about us.

But you would about other "wee teams" like Motherwell and St Johnstone who get their four hour injection of supporter input every Saturday. Are you not getting fed up with that and it's getting worse after twenty years of that pair? Now they don't even bother to try to be fair handed and unbiased. The programme's frame of reference is totally the 'Well and the Saintees....

I feel ignored and hope you do too! National broadcaster my a--e!!!

Yes Eljaggo , It was Cowan and Cosgrove I went on to talk about. Sorry if I made it obscure!

And Tommy Wright reckons St Johnstone doesn't get any publicity. Wish we got Thistle talk like Cosgrove provides for them. And the programme gets even worse when one of them is off because we then get another Motherwell supporter in Jane Lewis. Or we have to suffer wee Chic and his St Mirren agenda. And in other progs we have Preston , the Hearts man. And Willie Miller sees things through the red haze of his Aberdeen bias. And we are paying through the nose in the licence fee for the pleasure of indulging these people. They even get paid for it.

To balance it I really admire Derek Ferguson because he has the ability to look objectively at the game and not see things through Rangers supporting eyes. Even Barry, his brother, does well keeping out his subjectivity when he gets on the BBC.

How do you complain about it and be heard though?

Derek Ferguson is great, tells it like it is and very enthusiastic. He loved our football in the title winning season. It’s Sandra Brown that does my head in. She is obviously a QOS suppporter and reports on radio & tv on their home games, so basically gets paid to see her team play!

Sportsound is just ONE BIG FAN FEST and we have no one on board -

Richard Gordon - hardly misses an Aberdeen game these days

Willie Miller - does every Aberdeen game home or away

Allan Preston - Hearts as much as possible - if not St Johnstone.

Chic Young - St Mirren or watching Rangers on TV in the BBC studio

Steven Thomson - St Mirren

John Barnes - Kilmarnock as much as possible. Even when not commentating on them he mentions them at every opportunity

Jim Spence - Dundee Utd or his other hometown team Dundee FC

Pat Bonner - Every Celtic game, alternative fixtures not even considered.

Derek Ferguson - Hamilton games cos he lives nearby. To be fair I quite like him and he does seem to have a wee bit of affection for us.

Sandra Brown - QOS (just cos she's at the game anyway)

Rob McLean - Partial to a Ross County game cos he comes from Dingwall

Ach well at least we know our licence fee money is keeping some people happy. :-)

Sportsound is just ONE BIG FAN FEST and we have no one on board -

Richard Gordon - hardly misses an Aberdeen game these days

Willie Miller - does every Aberdeen game home or away

Allan Preston - Hearts as much as possible - if not St Johnstone.

Chic Young - St Mirren or watching Rangers on TV in the BBC studio

Steven Thomson - St Mirren

John Barnes - Kilmarnock as much as possible. Even when not commentating on them he mentions them at every opportunity

Jim Spence - Dundee Utd or his other hometown team Dundee FC

Pat Bonner - Every Celtic game, alternative fixtures not even considered.

Derek Ferguson - Hamilton games cos he lives nearby. To be fair I quite like him and he does seem to have a wee bit of affection for us.

Sandra Brown - QOS (just cos she's at the game anyway)

Rob McLean - Partial to a Ross County game cos he comes from Dingwall

Ach well at least we know our licence fee money is keeping some people happy. :-)

I think that you can add to the list Barry Wilson who appears to be the Inverness, whom failing Ross County, partisan.

I agree about Derek Ferguson, who seems to enjoy and be interested in every game to which he is assigned, regardless of the level of the teams involved. He also knows who plays for which team and can make sensible comment about them, unlike (for example) Pat "a Partick Thistle player" Bonner.

• Like 1

It would be impossible to have a football radio show without a presenter that doesn't support a team, and if they claimed they didn't most would accuse them of some secret allegiance.

Sportsound is fine and by no means biased in my view with a very wide discussion on anything that is topical in Scottish football. All leagues and teams are covered with regularity and they cover all top flight games no matter when they are on.

Sure having a Thistle bias I want to hear more but accusations of no coverage are just untrue.

They don't even have any contact with one half of the old firm due to the perceived negative coverage from the Beeb.

Suppose if not content with their offering you could tune into Radio Clyde there's a non old firm free station to keep you up to date with all things Scottish football.

• Like 2

I like the fact they all support their own teams (especially since they are mostly outwith the OF) and have no problem that they make no secret of who they support.

I just think it would do no harm if they shook things up a bit and stopped sending the same people to watch the same teams. For example when we won The Championship QOS got more coverage than us just because Sandra Brown attended all their games home and away and that is the only team she reports on.

I quite like sportsound. But I do find people like Willie Miller and Pat Bonner pretty arrogant in deciding that they already know enough and obviously make absolutely no attempt to keep up with things beyond their own club of choice. In a professional capacity I think that's the least that should be expected of them.

• Like 1

I quite like sportsound. But I do find people like Willie Miller and Pat Bonner pretty arrogant in deciding that they already know enough and obviously make absolutely no attempt to keep up with things beyond their own club of choice. In a professional capacity I think that's the least that should be expected of them.

Agreed. Bonner is there to appeal to the masses of moronic Celtic fans who probably share his 'Celtic are great, I don't need to know anything about anyone else' attitude - which is terrible, but at least you can kind of see the target audience element of it. Thick, ignorant Celtic fan appeals to other thick, ignorant Celtic fans.

On the other hand, with Miller I have no idea what the point is. Just a grumpy old man who doesn't know anything about anyone outside his Dons.

Honestly, I don't really care that we don't get much media attention. Probably takes the pressure off us when things aren't going well - which is usually for the first 3 months of every season.

A fair assessment. It does grate though when some of the pundits are trying to comment on us without any real interest. It would be nice just for once to have a mainstream regular commentator coming from Thistle ranks.

A fair assessment. It does grate though when some of the pundits are trying to comment on us without any real interest. It would be nice just for once to have a mainstream regular commentator coming from Thistle ranks.

Ayr United duties permitting, Ian McCall pops up on BBC radio every now and again, and generally has a positive and informed word to say about the Jags.

• Like 1

Off topic, but how bad was that side. Hardly surprising virtually no one turned up. Here's the full horror

Partick: Colin Stewart, Murray, McCulloch, Brady, Smyth, Billy Gibson, James Gibson, Gillies, Santala (Strachan 87), McConalogue (Andy Gibson 89), Kilgannon (Craig 55). Subs Not Used: Arthur, Snowdon.

Booked: Murray, Santala.

Goals: McCulloch 26, Gillies 42, Santala 79, McConalogue 85.

Att: 1,273