Sport Sound On Bbc

jagfaelivi

Off topic, but how bad was that side. Hardly surprising virtually no one turned up. Here's the full horror Partick: Colin Stewart, Murray, McCulloch, Brady, Smyth, Billy Gibson, James Gibson, Gillies, Santala (Strachan 87), McConalogue (Andy Gibson 89), Kilgannon (Craig 55). Subs Not Used: Arthur, Snowdon. Booked: Murray, Santala. Goals: McCulloch 26, Gillies 42, Santala 79, McConalogue 85. Att: 1,273

Agreed, that is brutal, but I think we have to make an honourable exception for Scott McCulloch (BBC name McKellar) with his Raging Bull free kicks.

Off topic, but how bad was that side. Hardly surprising virtually no one turned up. Here's the full horror

Partick: Colin Stewart, Murray, McCulloch, Brady, Smyth, Billy Gibson, James Gibson, Gillies, Santala (Strachan 87), McConalogue (Andy Gibson 89), Kilgannon (Craig 55). Subs Not Used: Arthur, Snowdon.

Booked: Murray, Santala.

Goals: McCulloch 26, Gillies 42, Santala 79, McConalogue 85.

Att: 1,273

What a line-up. The horror, the horror.....

I agree that this side is enough to give you sleepless nights, but as bad as the these times were they pail into insignificance when compared to the glories of the McVeigh and Lamont years! I distinctly remember coming back from London sometimes and not only been unable to identify our players, but being unable to find anyone else who could either?

Still gives me the willies thinking about it!

• Like 1

Dearie me - that line-up made my eyes water.

Always felt Rickie Gillies got a bad rap with the Jags, though. A decent player that our fud of a manager at that time failed to play in his best position.

We did have the odd few gems in that horrid period between 2004-2007 though. Juan Ramon, Roberts, Gillies, Scott Boyd and Donnelly as well as Boab.

Dearie me - that line-up made my eyes water.

Always felt Rickie Gillies got a bad rap with the Jags, though. A decent player that our fud of a manager at that time failed to play in his best position.

We did have the odd few gems in that horrid period between 2004-2007 though. Juan Ramon, Roberts, Gillies, Scott Boyd and Donnelly as well as Boab.

Not to mention Jean Yves Anis who played football with a smile on his face. On his day he was amazing. Sadly his days were infrequent.

Not to mention Jean Yves Anis who played football with a smile on his face. On his day he was amazing. Sadly his days were infrequent.

Anis was quite possibly the worst defender I have ever seen in a Thistle shirt (and there’s a fair list). Had no positional sense whatsoever and simply chased the ball like an excitable puppy. He could be an asset going forward as an attacking player though and had a great game in a 5-0 win against Livi (a rare highlight in a horrible couple of seasons).