Mr Cowan And Co.

Jagman1876

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the board walk. Who is going to replace them?

Are you really telling me that people of the calibre of David Beattie and Billy Allan do not have in their address books multiple people who -

a. could act like a chairman should, ie a figurehead with integrity

b. perhaps produce a balanced budget

c. f*ck up the Centenary Draw regularly

I think there is a MASSIVE reputational risk to The Jags Trust Board, but more than that also to the aforementioned board members to not begin to hold Hughes, Cowan et al to account and subject them to some scrutiny. What would Billy Allan do in his other businesses if the FD kept getting it wrong?

Please tell me how many consecutive seasons Hughes has got the budgets wrong - is he going for some kind of World Record. Anyone want to bet on whether we came in on budget last season?? Anyone want to bet that we are aleady behind budget this season??

Now all this would be bad enough wre it not for propco. But as investors in propco, here is where the reputational risk comes for Billy Allan and Beattie, but also to a lesser extent for the JTB if they do nothing. If we go bust, the Board members whgo have invested in propco will probably be better off. Its a huge conflict. To persevere with a chairman who drives away fans in droves, an FD who can't balance books looks careless to most, but to some cynical individuals it could look to be by design. Soemone needs to stand up about this and NOW. Now for what its worth, I for one do not think Billy Allan and David Beattie are anything but 'thistle minded' but they must see how it looks, and they must also know that if the football club goes pop, there is going to be a shitstorm and a LOT of mud thrown, and I mean A HUGE AMOUNT - I hope it sticks to the right people.

What was todays crowd? What do we need to breakeven? I amsure I have heard different figures mentioned - 2500? 3000? Today was miles under that and bottom of the league, so it will continue. Face it, we are screwed unless there is a massive change at Firhill. I will relish throwing the mud but would rather still have a club to support. So how about The Trust, and the board members such as Billy Allan and David Beattie start pulling together, hold the performance of some of their fellow directors up to scrutiny and maybe, just maybe Save the Jags, but hey perhaps we can do it right this time??

I think everyone needs to pull together and unite behind something, and that thing is a change in the boardroom. Who would be with them?

Edited by jaf

Are you really telling me that people of the calibre of David Beattie and Billy Allan do not have in their address books multiple people who -

a. could act like a chairman should, ie a figurehead with integrity

b. perhaps produce a balanced budget

c. f*ck up the Centenary Draw regularly

I think there is a MASSIVE reputational risk to The Jags Trust Board, but more than that also to the aforementioned board members to not begin to hold Hughes, Cowan et al to account and subject them to some scrutiny. What would Billy Allan do in his other businesses if the FD kept getting it wrong?

Please tell me how many consecutive seasons Hughes has got the budgets wrong - is he going for some kind of World Record. Anyone want to bet on whether we came in on budget last season?? Anyone want to bet that we are aleady behind budget this season??

Now all this would be bad enough wre it not for propco. But as investors in propco, here is where the reputational risk comes for Billy Allan and Beattie, but also to a lesser extent for the JTB if they do nothing. If we go bust, the Board members whgo have invested in propco will probably be better off. Its a huge conflict. To persevere with a chairman who drives away fans in droves, an FD who can't balance books looks careless to most, but to some cynical individuals it could look to be by design. Soemone needs to stand up about this and NOW. Now for what its worth, I for one do not think Billy Allan and David Beattie are anything but 'thistle minded' but they must see how it looks, and they must also know that if the football club goes pop, there is going to be a shitstorm and a LOT of mud thrown, and I mean A HUGE AMOUNT - I hope it sticks to the right people.

What was todays crowd? What do we need to breakeven? I amsure I have heard different figures mentioned - 2500? 3000? Today was miles under that and bottom of the league, so it will continue. Face it, we are screwed unless there is a massive change at Firhill. I will relish throwing the mud but would rather still have a club to support. So how about The Trust, and the board members such as Billy Allan and David Beattie start pulling together, hold the performance of some of their fellow directors up to scrutiny and maybe, just maybe Save the Jags, but hey perhaps we can do it right this time??

I think everyone needs to pull together and unite behind something, and that thing is a change in the boardroom. Who would be with them?

Jaf...your are 100% spot on Magnificent post!!

I have to be honest I don't know the background of billy Allan and David Beattie ( could not be any worse than we have right now) but could we get them to challenge the other board members to take full control and would they want to?

If as fans we got behind the motion it could force cowan and co to walk

Sorry, I forgot me glasses, is someone suggesting that David Beattie and Billy Allan are in a position or willing to make changes at board level? Part of the problem, methinks. Unless you read otherwise, they're standing right behind the blamehounds.

They are, but I think they need called out not to be. And I think there is a reason for them to. Well, two actually.....1. save the club; 2. save their hard earned reputations.

Back last year when the McMaster shares were in the newspapers, I got a call from Gordon McDougall, the Livingston chairman. He'd got my number from the Jags Trust website and just picked up the phone to see if he could find out what the Trust's line was in relation to the McMaster shares and see if we could feed him some lines. Having no sympathy for Livi and their spendthrift ways, I basically said that everything the Trust felt about it had been said in the Sunday Mail article - I passed him on to the Trust chair who also said much the same thing.

However, one thing that McDougall said that night has stuck with me. When he heard that we (the Trust) were trying pretty hard not to sh*t on our own doorstep, burn bridges etc., he said "Let me tell you one thing about Scottish football. It's full of people who would sell their granny and stab you in the back as soon as look at you just to keep the blazer. One day, you are going to have to decide one way or the other. You might make a decision you regret, but you can't go through a life in football worrying about who you are going to upset."

So here we are.

I don't know and can never hope to know, who the good guys and bad guys are behind the scenes at Firhill. I take folk pretty much as I find them and I find some of the folk at the top of our club to be pretty hard to get along with. I don't think that they can save the club from its current decline, but I'm not certain that others on the board are ready to take a decision of the type that McDougall was warning me of. I hope that the fans and The Trust might be.

If the board walk. Who is going to replace them?

To be honest Beattie and Allan maybe deserve their chance. Hughes, Cowan have had theirs and brought disater.

Pity I was in Spain for meet the manager night, Ronnie Gilfilan put in an appearance would love to have asked what his role is right now at the club and what he feels he has brought to the club over the last few years as in my eyes its a big resounding zero. Does he contribute other than bringing his amtes to hospitality. Bannerman as well.

Prentice arrogant, snobbish a disgrace and quite frankly taken a minimum of over 25grand from the club over the last couple of years ¿possibly more? so half the centenary fund money raised has been spent on him.

Beattie and Allan well for all I know may be a disgrace as well but seem to have put some money in. They and some Stirlign ALbion style set up need

Lord preserve us from the happy-clappy brigade.

Not happy clappy at all. Just fed up of people coming onto forums and giving it the whole "that's it. I'm never coming back again" Do they expect everyone to come on and beg them to stay?

If you don't want to go then just stop going. But don't complain when we get relegated or go out of business due to low attendances.

Yes the board have seriously screwed the club up. So has McCall in my opinion but not going to games or only going to away games isn't going to help anybody

Not happy clappy at all. Just fed up of people coming onto forums and giving it the whole "that's it. I'm never coming back again" Do they expect everyone to come on and beg them to stay?

If you don't want to go then just stop going. But don't complain when we get relegated or go out of business due to low attendances.

Yes the board have seriously screwed the club up. So has McCall in my opinion but not going to games or only going to away games isn't going to help anybody

Good point. Some folk seem to be doing this as some kind of protest, though their main reason might just be to have a p*ss up. By going only to away games, so-called Thistle supporters are doing nothing but strengthening our opposition, while starving our own club of funds.

Weird "supporters", IMO.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Good point. Some folk seem to be doing this as some kind of protest, though their main reason might just be to have a p*ss up. By going only to away games, so-called Thistle supporters are doing nothing but strengthening our opposition, while starving our own club of funds.

Weird "supporters", IMO.

Exactly, if you want change, turn up, pay yer dough and moan and shout like funk.

By not turning up you're just going to kill the club (quicker).

Almost as stupid as saying that you won't go back and see the team you love because you don't like the chairman

Yes,if it was a simple case of 'disliking' as that sentence suggests, but it's not, it's about continual mis-management of the money it costs us to go by the chairman. It's not about sticking by and supporting your club through thick and thin, it's about when enough is enough, it's about things going beyond 'too far' . The time to say enough is enough was several seasons ago, now we're several seasons down the line from that point and nothing has changed to rectify our problems, decisions made have only led us deeper into trouble as a business and nothing has changed in respect to those making the decisions.

Suggesting that fans should support these idiots through thick and thin regardless of what they are doing behind the scenes is beyond belief.

Weird "supporters", IMO.

It's a fair arguement, but an arguement that suggests helping put funds into the club is actually doing the club any good, how long do you keep giving money to people that for many years have not put your money to good use, and in fact have actually wasted your money through serious under performance in their job? Seriously?