Dundee 17/2/18

Auld Jag

Yesterday summed up how piss poor we have been this season. At this moment in time I am totally ambivalent about whether we go down or not, the team badly needs freshened up no matter what happens. Guys like Osman, Dumbuya and Erskine are done in my opinion. Next two games are massive because our four game after these don't look good on paper.

I agree with the consensus of opinion being made on this topic:

Same movie - (Loss of goals late in the game) - for several seasons now, not just the current one.

Lack of stamina, and length of recovery times from injuries.

Archie's poor use of substitutions. 

In any walk of life, repeating the same errors over and over are normally unacceptable. We have to start learning some lessons!

I know that in recent years, Archie and Ian Maxwell have attended several Q & A sessions in both Edinburgh and Maryhill.  Can anybody who has attended inform if any questions relating to the above have been asked, and if so, what the response has been. Or are most of the questions syncophantic and just a love in?

• Like 1

The key thing that happened was how much Osman and Woods tired in the last 30 mins. Osman picked up a knock as well that really did not help him.

The formation change never helped – think Archie wanted to keep the pressure on Dundee by going 2 up front but it never worked.

Looks like Archie does not have much confidence in Barton. The absence of Andrew McCarthy from the bench is not something Archie should choose to do again. We badly needed fresh legs in the center of midfield.

The first goal looks a clear foul on Osman. He should have done better though and got the ball away. Not sure how the ref can miss it though – he had a clear view.
Booth should have picked up Murray at the back post and should have more blame than Osman.

Hard to say for certain but on the highlights the goal looks just offside as well.

The second goal is just a mess – Murray is standing on his own before the goal and Osman and Keown are ball watching. Far too many dragged to the ball leaving us exposed when the ball goes across goal. A real sense of panic from us and it proved costly.

3 hours ago, Alan Murray said:

The key thing that happened was how much Osman and Woods tired in the last 30 mins. Osman picked up a knock as well that really did not help him.

The formation change never helped – think Archie wanted to keep the pressure on Dundee by going 2 up front but it never worked.

Looks like Archie does not have much confidence in Barton. The absence of Andrew McCarthy from the bench is not something Archie should choose to do again. We badly needed fresh legs in the center of midfield.

The first goal looks a clear foul on Osman. He should have done better though and got the ball away. Not sure how the ref can miss it though – he had a clear view.
Booth should have picked up Murray at the back post and should have more blame than Osman.

Hard to say for certain but on the highlights the goal looks just offside as well.

The second goal is just a mess – Murray is standing on his own before the goal and Osman and Keown are ball watching. Far too many dragged to the ball leaving us exposed when the ball goes across goal. A real sense of panic from us and it proved costly.

Didn't think it was a foul,but even after that we still should have cleared the ball.Couldnt tell at the game if Murray was offside but after watching highlights he was just onside as he was a few  minutes later when his goal was chopped off for offside.As I have said in an earlier post we tried to defend our lead instead of trying to get that killer second. The problem is we cant defend.

Lots of disappointment this season but we are thistle after all.

Not writing this season off as a bad one just yet and would still settle for staying up by any means come the final knockings.

There are players I would drop and players I would never play again.

Bad form is forgivable but it goes beyond that with one or two.

Archie usually does the right thing where this is concerned and I'm sure he will come the end of the season.

In the meantime, we need the players with heart to try their best in every game. I'm sure we'll be ok if this happens.

We're in for a bumpy ride no doubt, but are still way more likely to finish 10th than 12th.

just watched osman interview on jagzone

they changed their shape in the second half and we didn't adapt to that

says it all  we let teams come onto us time after time 

we all see it but nothing changes 

thought our midfield of osman and woods were very poor second half

as for muzzy the amount of space he was getting but nothing coming from it then going walkabout leaving their wing player unmarked

thought erskine bust a gut trying to cover for him 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, watties wallies said:

just watched osman interview on jagzone

they changed their shape in the second half and we didn't adapt to that

says it all  we let teams come onto us time after time 

we all see it but nothing changes 

thought our midfield of osman and woods were very poor second half

Haven't heard the Abdul interview but I didn't see much of a change of shape. They did press higher, go for more first balls instead of just picking up the second balls and generally push forward more.  I'm maybe being a tad pedantic as they certainly played with a different attitude.  Re Woods & Osman it's hard to say if it was fitness/tiredness, just poorer play or a combination of both but I agree about their 2nd half performances (more so as the game wore on). Very noticeable as I though both were on top of their games in the first half.

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Haven't heard the Abdul interview but I didn't see much of a change of shape. They did press higher, go for more first balls instead of just picking up the second balls and generally push forward more.  I'm maybe being a tad pedantic as they certainly played with a different attitude.  Re Woods & Osman it's hard to say if it was fitness/tiredness, just poorer play or a combination of both but I agree about their 2nd half performances (more so as the game wore on). Very noticeable as I though both were on top of their games in the first half.

It would have been interesting if he'd been asked if he thought fitness was an issue with the team but maybe those sort of questions are too controversial.

Edited by dunmorejag

53 minutes ago, dunmorejag said:

It would have been interesting if he'd been asked if he thought fitness was an issue with the team but maybe those sort of questions are too controversial.

It’s not that unusual that a team that played so poorly first half comes out second half much better. As far as I was concerned, the first goal was less about Osman’s fitness and more about him sulking and not playing to the whistle.

1 hour ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

It’s not that unusual that a team that played so poorly first half comes out second half much better. As far as I was concerned, the first goal was less about Osman’s fitness and more about him sulking and not playing to the whistle.

A kinda tired reaction, perhaps?