Hearts at Tynecastle

elevenone

1 minute ago, javeajag said:

Somebody else.....

steve Clarke seems to have worked Archie isn’t 

fans opinions are pretty irrelevant

Don't put yourself down like that. You must have thought, such n such is the ideal man to get us out of this. Don't worry, the bars been set pretty low with McNamara as one suggetion.

Just now, potty trained said:

Don't put yourself down like that. You must have thought, such n such is the ideal man to get us out of this. Don't worry, the bars been set pretty low with McNamara as one suggetion.

Nope

fan speculation while fun is pretty irrelevant 

the board get to pick the manager that’s their job

Archie is getting us relegated which is a disaster 

44 minutes ago, potty trained said:

They also get to sack the manager. Doesn't stop you sharing your opinion on that, however.

Steve Clarke applied for the Killie job, he wasn't approached by the board. Im sure Killie fans weren't quoting his name on their respective forum.

Is it beyond the realms of your imagination that someone who isn't on anyone's thoughts with vast experience could apply for our top job? The board would be inundated with C.V.'s and I'm sure we could attract someone that would bring some much needed excitement back to the stadium of dreams.

2 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

Steve Clarke applied for the Killie job, he wasn't approached by the board. Im sure Killie fans weren't quoting his name on their respective forum.

Is it beyond the realms of your imagination that someone who isn't on anyone's thoughts with vast experience could apply for our top job? The board would be inundated with C.V.'s and I'm sure we could attract someone that would bring some much needed excitement back to the stadium of dreams.

Absolutely not beyond the realms of my imagination. Although I'm unsure what relevance it has to the question so many seem shit scared to answer.

Incredible that you think we'd be inundated with CVs, but the forerunners from the Archie Out camp are Scott Paterson and Jackie McNamara!

14 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Relegation from the Premier league in my experience has never been a good thing.There will be a mass exodus of players,we will spend a number of years in the championship or even lower and our crowds will be even lower than at the moment,This is of course my opinion  based on  supporting Thistle for more than 55 years and others I know will disagree.

55 years is a little bit longer than me, but I can name several seasons in the first division I've enjoyed an awful lot more than this season....

23 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Archie  had no experience when he got the job, and got us up, the last 9 months he’s been going backwards rapidly, another manager with or without experience could get us up or keep us up, that’s the gamble you take.

my gut says Archie will get Maxi’s job because he’s so involved with the training ground and development side, with Patterson taking Archie’s job, but that’s just my gut feeling 

You may be right. My feeling is that the whole structure of management at the club could change in the wake of Maxwell leaving.

• Like 1

If we ditch Archibald before the end of the season (which for full transparency, I think we should do), I would be happy with a no-frills gaffer like Peter Houston to come in until the end of the season and see what he can do. A few snorts of derision I can already anticipate, but the guy had a pretty good record with Dundee United (won 42% of games), and won them a Scottish Cup. He led Falkirk to two consecutive 2nd place finishes in a very very tough Championship, and also got them to a Scottish Cup final.  He had a poor start with Falkirk this season, but their results haven't improved significantly since he was sacked which indicates to me that it may not have been all of Houston's doing. 

I think with how abject and weak the current squad is, the chances of luring a manager away from another club only to blot their CV with a relegation is highly unlikely. However, there are still another few managers out of work who have decent records in Scotland and England who might be work a punt: Robbie Neilson, Brian McDermott, George Burley, etc. 

Those names might raise a few eyebrows, but at the moment we have the worst form in the SPL, scored the fewest goals, won once away in the league all season, have a goalkeeper who has made more saves than anyone else in the Premiership thanks to the hopeless defense that has been assembled, and are significantly worse off than we were less season. Add to that our pathetic record again Rangers especially, our dwindling crowds, and two disastrous transfer windows, makes me think that stagnation has well and truly set in, and we are in need of some fresh energy. And it is not as if people didn't see this coming. I got laughed at last season when I said we would be relegation fodder this season after watching us post-split. But anyone could have seen this transpiring. 

Edited by Yellow & Redneck

40 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

If we ditch Archibald before the end of the season (which for full transparency, I think we should do), I would be happy with a no-frills gaffer like Peter Houston to come in until the end of the season and see what he can do. A few snorts of derision I can already anticipate, but the guy had a pretty good record with Dundee United (won 42% of games), and won them a Scottish Cup. He led Falkirk to two consecutive 2nd place finishes in a very very tough Championship, and also got them to a Scottish Cup final.  He had a poor start with Falkirk this season, but their results haven't improved significantly since he was sacked which indicates to me that it may not have been all of Houston's doing. 

I think with how abject and weak the current squad is, the chances of luring a manager away from another club only to blot their CV with a relegation is highly unlikely. However, there are still another few managers out of work who have decent records in Scotland and England who might be work a punt: Robbie Neilson, Brian McDermott, George Burley, etc. 

Those names might raise a few eyebrows, but at the moment we have the worst form in the SPL, scored the fewest goals, won once away in the league all season, have a goalkeeper who has made more saves than anyone else in the Premiership thanks to the hopeless defense that has been assembled, and are significantly worse off than we were less season. Add to that our pathetic record again Rangers especially, our dwindling crowds, and two disastrous transfer windows, makes me think that stagnation has well and truly set in, and we are in need of some fresh energy. And it is not as if people didn't see this coming. I got laughed at last season when I said we would be relegation fodder this season after watching us post-split. But anyone could have seen this transpiring. 

If anyone thinks this message board is already toxic just wait until after the Hibs game....then again apathy might just set in and we will be in a what will be - will be situation as few of us will care less anymore. Play-off at best I think!

Apathy probably has already set in Joekea.   Crowds have been down for some time now and reflect the style of play they see irrespective of the results.  I also suspect there have been fewer posts recently on this website - partly because some don't want to get involved in the manager debate.  The reaction to the Hibs game will depend on selection and attitude on the field given that a draw would be acceptable to most fans. 

The Ross County game will be the watershed for most fans.

This is based on nothing the least bit scientific and in truth just plain guesswork from random comments and discussions with fans from other clubs. I reckon of the 11 other clubs in our division maybe as few as three of these clubs (Celtic, Hibs & Killie) will have the majority of fans that fussed about holding on to their present manager.  The others in general feel their team is under-performing. We're far from alone then in that regards. It's just the cost of under-performing at our level is perhaps more crucial than it is to others further up the league. 

Only saying this as reading thru this thread (and a few others) you would think every other manager currently in a job is doing hunky dory. Well ,that coupled with the  lack of any serious suggestions of a replacement (or suggestions that I can take seriously) should we part with  Archie. In that respect rather similar to the days not long ago when we were expecting AA to move on.

3 hours ago, potty trained said:

Absolutely not beyond the realms of my imagination. Although I'm unsure what relevance it has to the question so many seem shit scared to answer.

Incredible that you think we'd be inundated with CVs, but the forerunners from the Archie Out camp are Scott Paterson and Jackie McNamara!

The relevance of my point is how are we to know who is available or who would apply?

Besides the majority of people on this forum have lives outside of football rather than waste their time trawling the internet.

I've already said, I cant see how Paterson could help when he is already staring at it everyday already.

Lets play your little game though to keep you happy. I'll raise the stakes and pitch in Harry Redknapp, Carlo Ancelotti, Slaven Bilic....... you never know, they might just want a wee challenge.

55 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

Apathy probably has already set in Joekea.   Crowds have been down for some time now and reflect the style of play they see irrespective of the results.  I also suspect there have been fewer posts recently on this website - partly because some don't want to get involved in the manager debate.  The reaction to the Hibs game will depend on selection and attitude on the field given that a draw would be acceptable to most fans. 

The Ross County game will be the watershed for most fans.

You have nailed it! Selection and attitude all the way!!

1 hour ago, MonehJags said:

The relevance of my point is how are we to know who is available or who would apply?

Besides the majority of people on this forum have lives outside of football rather than waste their time trawling the internet.

No one asked who is available or who would apply.

It's a simple question. "If you want Archie out, who do you want to replace him?"

For such a simple question, it seems some folk are really struggling to provide a credible alternative to who we have already in place.

1 hour ago, potty trained said:

It's a simple question. "If you want Archie out, who do you want to replace him?"

For such a simple question, it seems some folk are really struggling to provide a credible alternative to who we have already in place.

David Hopkins at Livi

Jack Ross at St Mirren

Stevie Aitken at Dumbarton 

Scotty Patterson or Scott McKenzie if we want to promote from within

Stephen Pressley would also do us a job

1 hour ago, potty trained said:

Paolo Di Canio, Steve Cotterill, Paul Clement, Alan Stubbs, Gary Caldwell.

What I'm most surprised at is nobody has mentioned Billy Davis, his name appears when every job becomes available :)

We'd better hurry up about it too because I don't think it will be long before Dundee are looking for a new manager as well.

Edited by MonehJags

8 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

David Hopkins at Livi

Jack Ross at St Mirren

Stevie Aitken at Dumbarton 

Scotty Patterson or Scott McKenzie if we want to promote from within

Stephen Pressley would also do us a job

Of those people mentioned what do they bring that would give us a better chance if staying in the league? Or is it a case of hit and hope ?

1 minute ago, Lenziejag said:

Of those people mentioned what do they bring that would give us a better chance if staying in the league? Or is it a case of hit and hope ?

Fresh ideas,

Jack and Hopkins have teams challenging for league, Aitken has worked miracles at Stranraer and Dumbarton.

Pressley I’ve always liked as a manager and has tons of experience even though is still young(

Mckenzie and Patterson should maybe be given a chance to step up

Archie appears to have gone stale

Ive been very supportive of Archie but our away form has been abysmal. This tells me the management dont have the tactical nous to push the team on any further. That said its too late to change it this season in my opinion. When they so Presley or Neilston seem sensible options. 

3 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

Fresh ideas,

Mckenzie and Patterson should maybe be given a chance to step up

Archie appears to have gone stale

I don't see how promoting these guys would freshen it up? They should be already offering their opinions on how to sort this mess. We need someone who can see that some of the players need a kick up the erse and that others are not good enough.

I tell you what.  I wouldn't like any of you lot in my corner if in a fight. All is still to play for. We are three points above the bottom team and only three points off Dundee who have hearts and the old firm to play before the split. Even if we manage to secure second bottom we could easily and believe we would have more than enough to win a play off. Long long way to go. Supporters have a big role to play when times get hard by getting behind the team no matter how bad it's going.  If we were sitting 10 points adrift fair enough.  At some point in our life in the top flight we were always going to face a play off type fight. Archie will be going nowhere and still deserves the chance to keep us up. Yes shite season but still very much can be saved.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1