Hearts at Tynecastle

elevenone

8 hours ago, potty trained said:

Absolutely not beyond the realms of my imagination. Although I'm unsure what relevance it has to the question so many seem shit scared to answer.

Incredible that you think we'd be inundated with CVs, but the forerunners from the Archie Out camp are Scott Paterson and Jackie McNamara!

There is always another manager 

If Archie resigns who would you suggest .....Archie ?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MonehJags said:

I don't see how promoting these guys would freshen it up? They should be already offering their opinions on how to sort this mess. We need someone who can see that some of the players need a kick up the erse and that others are not good enough.

Different from offering advice and the gaffer acting on it

7 minutes ago, potty trained said:

He's ignoring his backroom team? 

Archie's went rogue!!!

No ones saying he’s ignoring it, but anyone stepping up will have their own ideas that are not following their previous bosses, what we have just now is no longer working, we don’t look like winning, defensively we’re crap, attacking we’re limp, selection wise is baffling with guys who play well one week dropped the next, tactics are all over the place. The team lacks fight most weeks, lacks leadership on the park and that has to come from the dressing room.

Its Archie’s team, his players, his tactics. If he gets the plaudits when he gets it right he deserves the criticism when he gets it wrong, and by god has he got it wrong a lot this season, and our forms worsening at the exact time we need it to improve as we get into a relegation dog fight, the football has been brutal to watch for most of the games this season, and going down with a team and manager on a loosing streak I don’t see it improving and for Archie himself he’d be on a hiding to nothing unless he had the team come flying out the blocks at the start of the season, which in every year in charge he’s failed to do.

With only 8 games to play its to late to change the manager.If you got another manager in he would need time to get to know the squad  and I feel with the amount of games left whoever we got wouldn't get a fair shot at it.If we were going to change the manager we should have done it a few months ago to give him time to work  with the squad and even do some business in the January window. We now need to stick with the management team who signed the current squad because they thought they could do a job for us and keep us in the league. It is now up to everybody from management and players to prove they are good enough to do this.As far as a new manager we should wait and see what happens,if we go down it is a debate we should have.But for now we have to stick with what we have and hope we do get a run off positive results that keep us in the league. 

• Like 1

Those of us who have been around a bit recall the succession of duds post Bertie and pre Lambie.  The mention of their names makes me shiver and shake,

Believe me, Archie is Shankly compared to them.  So I am very careful of what I wish for. He has of course made some poor decisions specially in selection(Osman and Lawless onSaturday) and tactics (flat back 4 with attacking full backs). 

Some signings have been ok but there has been a sharp form decline in Erskine and Lawless and also Dools to a lesser degree. These players have been superb Jags but have hardly contributed this season which is the main reason for lack of goals. Spittal has been poor since early season.  Is The management team failing to get the best out of them or are they finished?

i want to be entertained even if we lose but the lack of goals makes us a hard watch.

I am sitting on the fence but I think if McCall was in charge he would provide the resurgence and common sense required. Anyone else is too risky at the moment considering previous disasters.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dibble said:

I tell you what.  I wouldn't like any of you lot in my corner if in a fight. All is still to play for. We are three points above the bottom team and only three points off Dundee who have hearts and the old firm to play before the split. Even if we manage to secure second bottom we could easily and believe we would have more than enough to win a play off. Long long way to go. Supporters have a big role to play when times get hard by getting behind the team no matter how bad it's going.  If we were sitting 10 points adrift fair enough.  At some point in our life in the top flight we were always going to face a play off type fight. Archie will be going nowhere and still deserves the chance to keep us up. Yes shite season but still very much can be saved.

Agreeing with this post before making a new point.

Ross County game is massive and we need a noisy and numerous Thistle support to help drag a faltering team over the line. Long journey on an inconvenient night. Would the club consider paying for buses, offering helicopter rides, booking hotel rooms, hiring tractors  or whatever it takes to get a healthy quota of Jags fans up to Dingwall?

• Like 2

I am no great fan of Churchill. I blame that on my mother. But that's for another time.

Having read my history books and been reminded by the excellent performance in "Darkest Hour" of Gary Oldman, I have the strong impression that Churchill's skill as a great crisis leader was that he managed to convince everyone that, despite overwhelming odds and in the face of massive evidence to the contrary, victory could still be won. 

Perhaps we need to show continued solidarity with our leadership, unyielding faith in those young men who are fighting the good fight on our behalf and give our rivals the impression that rather than falling apart we, the Thistle Nation, are in it together to the end and beyond. 

Believe.

3 hours ago, MMCF said:

I am no great fan of Churchill. I blame that on my mother. But that's for another time.

Having read my history books and been reminded by the excellent performance in "Darkest Hour" of Gary Oldman, I have the strong impression that Churchill's skill as a great crisis leader was that he managed to convince everyone that, despite overwhelming odds and in the face of massive evidence to the contrary, victory could still be won. 

Perhaps we need to show continued solidarity with our leadership, unyielding faith in those young men who are fighting the good fight on our behalf and give our rivals the impression that rather than falling apart we, the Thistle Nation, are in it together to the end and beyond. 

Believe.

Our fans have supported the team.Its the team that looks unmotivated and gives up.The team (management and players) have 8 games to turn round a very bad season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

No apology needed. 

P.S.  I think that "was not your primary language" should be "is not your primary language" to make the text "properly constructed".

Now you're getting it!

The old column always had the Reithian intention of "Inform, Educate, Entertain." Even now we continue to exceed.

4 hours ago, MMCF said:

Believe.

El Aladingwall-not the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2018 at 6:01 PM, dibble said:

I tell you what.  I wouldn't like any of you lot in my corner if in a fight. All is still to play for. We are three points above the bottom team and only three points off Dundee who have hearts and the old firm to play before the split. Even if we manage to secure second bottom we could easily and believe we would have more than enough to win a play off. Long long way to go. Supporters have a big role to play when times get hard by getting behind the team no matter how bad it's going.  If we were sitting 10 points adrift fair enough.  At some point in our life in the top flight we were always going to face a play off type fight. Archie will be going nowhere and still deserves the chance to keep us up. Yes shite season but still very much can be saved.

Could not agree more.

This is a time to get behind the team and the management. Not to start speculating about changing the manager.

We are one of the poorest  ( financially) teams in the Division and are punching. Get behind the team  - it is still there for the taking. Start to give positive  vibes from the  sidelines instead of nervous knicker wetting.

We are Thistle and we are better than the rest of them.

2 hours ago, Emsca said:

Could not agree more.

This is a time to get behind the team and the management. Not to start speculating about changing the manager.

We are one of the poorest  ( financially) teams in the Division and are punching. Get behind the team  - it is still there for the taking. Start to give positive  vibes from the  sidelines instead of nervous knicker wetting.

We are Thistle and we are better than the rest of them.

7 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Our fans have supported the team.Its the team that looks unmotivated and gives up.The team (management and players) have 8 games to turn round a very bad season.

Nervous knicker wetting is coming from the team,25 points lost from a winning position.

Changed days: at one time, no vacancy (even notional) in Scottish football could ever come up without a McLean being mentioned.

One suggestion, albeit an off-the-wall one, would be for our management team to swap places from time to time, e.g. Archie taking over the younger squads, Scott Paterson taking over the first team and so on. That way, things could be freshened up and insight into the whole potential squad improved all round, without disturbing the overall makeup of the management.