Ross County 3/4/18

Auld Jag

On 4/2/2018 at 8:00 AM, Norgethistle said:

We must win this, no looking for a draw. This game will go a long way to define what league we are in next season.

My fear is we lose an early goal and totally capitulate as the pressure cracks us, keep it tight and play the game in their half, we will need 11 fighters on that park with no passengers 

Any goal against our team these days is a huge blow to morale, but actually think that a goal conceded later, for example in the second half, would be even worse news for us. 

What is it now, something like one win in 20 or so away matches? Even though Ross County appear poor, I really expect us to lose. That's what the current squad has done to me!

I agree with the vast majority of what’s been said on here about this game. For what it’s worth here is my tuppence wort: we must go into this game looking to get all three points. Never has any team in Red and Yellow looked comfortable playing for a point in my 40 or so years of being a Jag: wee Bertie’s teams not withstanding of course.

A draw won’t be disastrous, but a defeat in all honesty I likely to be the final nail in the coffin of or sides fragile psychology.

I’m going to Dingwall tonight with probably an equal amountof hope and expectation. I’ll be asking my mother to light a candle for us! Any other faiths benedictions will be warmly welcomed naturally-particularly since I ave none of my own?

Edited by stillresigned

21 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Sounds like Scully will be between the posts as Cerny has suffered the same injury that he had earlier in the season. Also Keown only returned to training last week after not training for five weeks!

If Keown isn’t fit , I’m sure Christie would do a job there , he’s got all the attributes to be a decent Centre half in my opinion also with a bit of pace which we haven’t got there just now with Devine , Cargill or Keown 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thistle's all-time Top Scorers vs Ross County in competitive action:
#1 - 8 goals - Kris Doolan (2009-2017)
#2 - 5 goals - Chris Erskine (2009-2016)
#3 - 4 goals - Lyle Taylor (2014-2015)
#3 - 4 goals - Martin Hardie (2000-2002)
#5 - 3 goals - Steven Lawless (2013-2014)
#5 - 3 goals - Juan Ramón (2004-2004)
#5 - 3 goals - Stephen McConalogue (2006-2006)

3 of our current squad are in the Top 5.  :thinking:

3-1 to Thistle tonight (Doolan, Erskine, Lawless)

• Like 1

Not a 'must win' for me but certainly a 'must not lose' - a lot of pressure & a huge game for the club. Shame it's the furthest possible away ground in the league on a miserable Tuesday, but them's the breaks.

That said, a long journey together which could help focus the minds of the players on the task ahead of them - we have enough talent in this squad to stay up, but they need to believe it - starting, again, with tonight.

County will be up for this, I'm up for this (albeing listening from abroad), so hopefully the players will be up for it!

And a big thanks to everyone who's making the journey - hopefully the players reward you with a long overdue performance & ultimately 3 very valuable points.

#wegotthis

2 hours ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

How I'd love a Big Mad Mental Martin Hardie in our team tonight!

On 4/1/2018 at 8:28 PM, jlsarmy said:

Got to go for it on Tuesday 

my team would be Cerny if fit , my 3 at the back would be Cargill, Barton and Elliott, two fullbacks Booth and McGinn, McCarthy and Woods holding midfielders , Erskine and Edwards further forward supporting Doolan

Elliot at CB??  :blink:

I think tonight will be first team over the halfway line wins, I'm afraid.  

3 hours ago, Paulo said:

Elliot at CB??  :blink:

I think tonight will be first team over the halfway line wins, I'm afraid.  

Pretty sure Archie will set up his team not to get beat , I would play Elliott at Centre half rather than Keown who has been out for 5 weeks , Christie has done a job anywhere he’s been asked to play . If I were Archie it’s our best chance to get a bit of distance between them and us, but as usual Archie will play it safe .

40 minutes ago, eljaggo said:

It's playing it safe that has got us into the fine mess we're in.  Need to increase the tempo and the levels of concentration, and somehow find some leadership on the park tonight. 

Saw the team , only 3 changes , 2 enforced Scully for Czerny and Keown for Devine , Woods for McCarthy 

In Archie we ....,.,...., ?

Bricking it already,  so much to play for, we need a team of battlers, chasers, harriers and fighters out there tonight and that includes the management. In to them from the start because they will be up for it and are physical so we must match them.

3 points by any means possible

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Jukebox Rebel said:

...and none of them start. The line-up seems one set-up not to lose rather than win.  We all know how that pans out...

IMG_20180403_184945.jpg.f41eaf8d37295f720059b8f8b7af0d31.jpg