Kilmarnock 7/4/18

Auld Jag

Really don't know what to expect on Saturday. A reaction is needed from management and players. Before the game on Tuesday, County fans didn't believe how bad we are. They know now. Everyone knows now. Our greatest hope is that Archibald somehow fires up the players and Killie are over-confident.

All we have heard from the club since Tuesday is a typically laid back post match interview from Archibald and the announcement of the March Player of the Month vote. Business as usual, nothing to see here. Under the circumstances, possibly not the best way to enthuse the fans. We may discover just how small our core support is.

• Like 1

It would be virtually impossible for me to say how disgusted I was with the performance the other night. As a Thistle supporter I've long become inured to our players being somewhat less than top drawer: however what I cannot forgive or forget is the lack of passion and commitment from many of those wearing red and yellow on Tuesday night. Combine that with Archie's mystifying tactical approach to the game, his substitutions and his rather bizarre reactions to our plight. Make me seriously consider giving Saturday's game a miss. As I'm a season ticket holder this will not affect the club financially. It's just not like me but the other night left me seriously scunnered!

2 hours ago, stillresigned said:

It would be virtually impossible for me to say how disgusted I was with the performance the other night. As a Thistle supporter I've long become inured to our players being somewhat less than top drawer: however what I cannot forgive or forget is the lack of passion and commitment from many of those wearing red and yellow on Tuesday night. Combine that with Archie's mystifying tactical approach to the game, his substitutions and his rather bizarre reactions to our plight. Make me seriously consider giving Saturday's game a miss. As I'm a season ticket holder this will not affect the club financially. It's just not like me but the other night left me seriously scunnered!

I wasn't at the game on Tuesday ,just seen the highlights and we looked terrible so I cant disagree with what you say. I would urge every Thistle fan to turn up on Saturday and support the team no matter what they think about the manager.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

I wasn't in Dingwall either. It was bad enough listening to Michael Max* on to OS. I can't imagine how I would be feeling if I had travelled up to watch that. I urge all fans to attend though, I'd hate to win the half time draw at last and get about fifty quid :)

*Michael did a terrific, professional job on Tuesday. It must have been difficult to keep going commentating on that garbage. The very public announcement that nobody was worthy of Man of the Match was spot on.

I think Archie needs to get the old guard in for this one. Lawless,  erskine and dools should start. Elliot to right back. Booth at left back. Play Andy McCarthy, drop woods and storey. Play 3 at the back with Barton in the middle cause I don’t feel confident with 2 centre half’s 

Whether we agree with what’s happening at our club just now , I hope the supporters start to get behind the team , siege mentality etc etc , there is still 18 points to play for , all games which we could get points from, I hope the players care as much as we do . #believe

9 minutes ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Agree with Auld Jag line up.

If there was a game where we need as many fans backing the team this is it.  I remember when Hibs went down it was a near certainty as the negativity in their support was poison.

Please get to Firhill.

Please support the team.

Please be positive.

I will be there to support my team but I cant guarantee feeling very positive. However, something in the back of my mind is telling me we will pick up the points!

1 hour ago, northjag said:

I think Archie needs to get the old guard in for this one. Lawless,  erskine and dools should start. Elliot to right back. Booth at left back. Play Andy McCarthy, drop woods and storey. Play 3 at the back with Barton in the middle cause I don’t feel confident with 2 centre half’s 

How do you play 3 at the back, then include lawless,erskine & doolan?

do you want Sammon dropped?

• Like 1

It seems to me that Archie's admission about the last game (in this one's preview) is encouraging, as it indicates that he's no longer making excuses but facing reality: "It was dreadful. It was probably one of the lowest points in my career as a manager."

Once you've accepted the mistake(s), you've removed the mental obstacles to putting them right.

On practical matters, there are probably some attitudes that need to be excluded from the dressing room - and Osman's would be top of my list. I wouldn't even bench him, pour encourager les autres.

• Like 1

Alan Archibald has seemingly been given more time to sort things out, since he hasn't been given the dreaded chairman's statement of confidence and support, which always seems to precede a change of manager by a few days.  If he drops Osman, plays a more attack minded set-up and manages to instill some determination and grit, then good luck to him for the rest of the season.

14 hours ago, joekea said:

I will be there to support my team but I cant guarantee feeling very positive. However, something in the back of my mind is telling me we will pick up the points!

Teams feed off the crowd but the crowd also feeds of the team.The team has to play as if they realise and actually care about the dire position we are in.

We need to try and get back to the passing game that was our strength. That’s why we need the old guard back. We should get 100% behind the team. One goal could boost our confidence. Even though we are struggling at the moment, there is still time to turn our season around. Mon the jags!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, northjag said:

We need to try and get back to the passing game that was our strength. That’s why we need the old guard back. We should get 100% behind the team. One goal could boost our confidence. Even though we are struggling at the moment, there is still time to turn our season around. Mon the jags!

The problem is when we do pass we do everything far too slow. Every pass seems delayed that fraction of a second too long compared   with other teams. We need up the intensity levels that we are playing at for the full length of the match.I fer the worst today and couldn't hazard a guess at what the team, formation,shape Archie will put out but repeating the same failing team tactics and attitude  is not an option. 

No.2 daughter up from London so unfortunately won't make the match.  I agree with angry gaz about speeding things up, and Archie has somehow to increase players' confidence, convince them that we now have little to lose that they should take greater risks in movement and passing.  He has to play Doolan - if our top goalscorer is injured and/or unfit he should not be on the bench.  If he isn't, he should play a good proportion of the game from the start.

Heading out to the game - feel I need a few beers to see me through this one!!

It was 5 years ago today we played QoS in the Challenge Cup Final. Place went mental when Doolan scored. It was to be glorious failure as usual.

To be honest glorious failure will do me today. I am expecting nothing....players, manager and fans all seem to have had the stuffing knocked out of them the last few weeks. We really need a performance to allow us to take a glimmer of confidence into the playoffs.  I'd settle for seeing us give it a go. The players really need to give a performance that will get the fans out of their seats applauding.

Doolan sneaking in on the blind side as he did 5 years ago would be brilliant. Holding onto that lead would be the icing on the cake.

FFS thistle lets get the get the heads down and have a go at these Killie imposters. Just give us something.....anything!!!!!

• Like 1